[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Steelers 0-4

The Irish Doggy

Steelers fans, would you say its time to PANIC?!?!! :D

:D

Just a reminder, the Steelers did not score any offensive touchdowns in last year's pre-season, they then came out with 34 and 27 in their first two weeks and went on to win the Super Bowl. I think I'll hold off on the panic for now. :lol:

Preseason doesn't mean much, but you would like to win at least ONE game.

How has the first team D looked? I haven't paid much attention to the Steelers, but if their D isn't very good, its hard to see Ben Rothlisberger and Willie Parker outscoring a lot of people.

I've already given up. I think their defense, one of the best last year, will be awful this year. Chris Hope and Kimo Von Oelhoffen are just irreplaceable. As for Rothlisberger, don't let his 27-4 record, incredible playoff run last year, or the fact that he is off to the best start of any QB in history fool you. The guy just doesn't have it. Look for Batch to be starting by week 4. Willie Parker is awful. Last year was a fluke.... I mean he didn't even start in college. I'll be happy with 5 wins.

I've already given up. I think their defense, one of the best last year, will be awful this year. Chris Hope and Kimo Von Oelhoffen are just irreplaceable. As for Rothlisberger, don't let his 27-4 record, incredible playoff run last year, or the fact that he is off to the best start of any QB in history fool you. The guy just doesn't have it. Look for Batch to be starting by week 4. Willie Parker is awful. Last year was a fluke.... I mean he didn't even start in college. I'll be happy with 5 wins.

Do you suddenly grow a goatee? :D

I mean, that's how the Star Trek folks finally figured out that Spock had been replaced by an evil twin from a parallel universe ... the twin had a goatee ... and that is about the only possible explanation of the post above. The real Menudo would have said something like:

I've already bought superbowl tickets. I think their defense, one of the best in history last year, will be even more fansmabulous this year. Chris Hope and Kimo Von Oelhoffen were awesome but have been replaced by even more awesomer wondermen. As for Rothlisberger, don't let his 27-4 record, incredible playoff run last year, or the fact that he is off to the best start of any QB in history fool you. The guy has even more to give -- the four losses were flukes. Look for Batch to be carving Ben's face on the side of Rushmore by week 4. Willie Parker is Barry Sanders with talent. Last year was only the beginning .... he didn't even start in college so he's fresh and ready. I'll be happy with 25 wins.

Who's going on the landing party to help me search the planet below for the real Menudo?? :D

Do you suddenly grow a goatee? :D

I mean, that's how the Star Trek folks finally figured out that Spock had been replaced by an evil twin from a parallel universe ... the twin had a goatee ... and that is about the only possible explanation of the post above. The real Menudo would have said something like:

I've already bought superbowl tickets. I think their defense, one of the best in history last year, will be even more fansmabulous this year. Chris Hope and Kimo Von Oelhoffen were awesome but have been replaced by even more awesomer wondermen. As for Rothlisberger, don't let his 27-4 record, incredible playoff run last year, or the fact that he is off to the best start of any QB in history fool you. The guy has even more to give -- the four losses were flukes. Look for Batch to be carving Ben's face on the side of Rushmore by week 4. Willie Parker is Barry Sanders with talent. Last year was only the beginning .... he didn't even start in college so he's fresh and ready. I'll be happy with 25 wins.

Who's going on the landing party to help me search the planet below for the real Menudo?? :D

:lol:

What can I say, I've finally seen the error of my ways. This is so unexpected, I have so many people to thank.

Bushwacked, Wildcat, & Seahawks37, thank you so much for making me realize that is never time to stop crying. Also, you were instrumental in teaching me that even though your team did nothing to deserve the win, you can still continue to cry foul. They can get burned on record-breaking runs, and fooled on trick-plays that have been done over and over previously, but, you never, ever give up on the crying. Your dedication has been inspiring.

H8tank, what can I say ? You taught me that you never have to back up your words or admit that you are wrong, even if it happens over and over again. Just throw out things like 'The Steelers will be lucky to win 8 games', and if they come back at you, call them a name. I never could have gotten here without you.

Last of all, thanks go out to Hugh One. I was on the way to being an Ugly Tuna, sorry, that is an industry term, but, you decided to take a chance on an unknown kid and show him the proper way. For that, I will be forever grateful.

Last of all, I'd like to thank God, because, other than my kid being born (which hasn't actually happened yet), this is the greatest night in the history of my life. I just want to say one thing to my wife at home, Yo Adrian, I did it !!!!!

[starts to walk the wrong way off the stage and is led the right way be the ushers]

Edited by Menudo

opening the season with a loss....

I like your team, but, lets not get crazy. :lol: It will be an interesting game Thursday. Homefield advantage could be huge, with the pre-game festivities, the fact that it is a night game and their first home game after a Super Bowl win. However, if the Dolphins come out quickly, they could take the crowd out of it. I've said many times that I like Miami this year, and expect a good game. Bill Cowher coached Steelers teams used to have a reputation for coming out the gates slowly, but, they have changed that in recent years. I simply cannot wait for Thursday, win or lose, the season is starting, and that is a great thing. :D

I like your team, but, lets not get crazy. :lol: It will be an interesting game Thursday. Homefield advantage could be huge, with the pre-game festivities, the fact that it is a night game and their first home game after a Super Bowl win. However, if the Dolphins come out quickly, they could take the crowd out of it. I've said many times that I like Miami this year, and expect a good game. Bill Cowher coached Steelers teams used to have a reputation for coming out the gates slowly, but, they have changed that in recent years. I simply cannot wait for Thursday, win or lose, the season is starting, and that is a great thing. :lol:

I'm thinking that this game will be a horrible slop-fest. 13-6 Steelers :D (I feel dirty now)

I'm thinking that this game will be a horrible slop-fest. 13-6 Steelers :D (I feel dirty now)

As long as FWP gets both TDs while RBrown gets the TD for the phins, and Mare and Reed miss an extra point apiece, both I and my fantasy teams can live with that! :D

Just a reminder, the Steelers did not score any offensive touchdowns in last year's pre-season, they then came out with 34 and 27 in their first two weeks and went on to be given the Super Bowl. I think I'll hold off on the panic for now. :D

fixed.