[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"Rock and Roll Part 2"

DKF

How on earth can the NFL ban this from stadiums?

He liked little girls. We all do (some of us just like ours to grow some fur furst).

BFD :D

What is wrong with the NFL :lol: Its an awesome song. :D

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14534600/site/newsweek/

What does Big F'n Dave have to do with this :lol:

Oh for the love of crumb cake........ :D

I demand an immediate background check of every entertainer whose songs are used in any NFL stadium. This kind of immoral hanky-panky must be nipped in the bud before it trickles down to the model athletes that make up the players of the NFL. Same with leading any owners and coaches astray from their rock-solid moral path. In fact, anyone in the league who has ever been convicted of anything should not be allowed on the field or on the sidelines. Even further, all fans must now have a criminal background check before they enter the stadium, lest they taint the moral fiber of the NFL.

The puritanical holier than thou crap that has become more and more prevelant is really starting to piss me off.

This is just beyond words. The NFL, despite being the most successful league in the world, is nothing but a ridiculous joke :D

Side note: R'n'R Pt 2 was played several times between games at the US Tennis Open yesterday - are we to assume that tennis crowds are more robust than NFL crowds? :D

affectionate Gary Glitter..Hes a pedophile splashy cleanser bag. Why have his songs blasting through stadiums . Hes a POS.

I love the filter versions too much to edit this post.

Edited by whomper

The puritanical holier than thou crap that has become more and more prevelant is really starting to piss me off.

I guess this means you wouldn't mind the "Unofficial Song" (which is basically what it was) of your business being written by a convicted pedophile then I guess that is both your business, and a reflection of your business.

I don't know if Glitter gets royalties when it's played in stadiums, but if he does then this is long past due.

Edited by Pope Flick

I don't know if Glitter gets royalties when it's played in stadiums, but if he does then this is long past due.

From a quick Google search:

Co-written by Glitter and Mike Leander

So. Shall we stop at pedophiles, or shall we include heroin users too? Murderers, perhaps? Carriers of infectious diseases (whoops, there goes Beethoven)? Fat guys who ate too many cheeseburgers?

Honestly, it's a song fer Chrissake and a good one, exactly appropriate to the setting it's in. All this moralistic holier-than-thou $hite is ridiculous. Sounds like a Bible Coalition meeting. Bah.

Edited by Ursa Majoris

From a quick Google search:

So. Shall we stop at pedophiles, or shall we include heroin users too? Murderers, perhaps? Carriers of infectious diseases (whoops, there goes Beethoven)? Fat guys who ate too many cheeseburgers?

Honestly, it's a song fer Chrissake and a good one, exactly appropriate to the setting it's in. All this moralistic holier-than-thou $hite is ridiculous. Sounds like a Bible Coalition meeting. Bah.

Its not about being holier then thou..Pedophiles are the lowest form of human which of course I know you dont disagree with. I see your point about "Why stop there" but when it comes to pedophiles even in Prison they arent accepted among the the neighboring scum.

Its not about being holier then thou..Pedophiles are the lowest form of human which of course I know you dont disagree with. I see your point about "Why stop there" but when it comes to pedophiles even in Prison they arent accepted among the the neighboring scum.

To me it's not about the sicko, it's about the song. The sicko is still doing time in jail, as far as I know. God knows if I threw out all the songs written or performed by people I don't like for one reason or another, I'd have half my music collection in the dumpster.

To me it's not about the sicko, it's about the song. The sicko is still doing time in jail, as far as I know. God knows if I threw out all the songs written or performed by people I don't like for one reason or another, I'd have half my music collection in the dumpster.

Ill just lend you my Van Halen and Aerosmith CDs.

Edited by whomper

Perhaps YOU are the pedophiles!*

*this comes from a Simpsons ep in which Rainer Wolfcastle does stand-up comedy in a movie called No Laughing Matter; after telling a horribly unfunny gay joke, he gets booed and attacks the crowd with "Perhaps YOU are the homosexuals!" Anyway, that cracks me up to no end, and I can never resist a chance to use it. So I am NOT suggesting that anyone posting in this thread is anything NEAR a pedo. Well, except for myself. Now kindly unwad yer panties on the way out. Thank you.

I doubt teams have to pay royalties to play that song after TDs. They are not profiting from the song, people pay to see the game, therefore I doubt its copyright comes into play. Furthermore, there is a strong argument the song has become part of the public domain by now.

This is totally foolish. If, on the other hand, he does receive money from the NFL, I can totally understand the position.

Ask the little girls :D

You mean the 50 or so that got trotted out on the field for a 10 minute halftime routine with the cheerleaders last night in Seattle? All decked out in miniskirts and makeup doing the standard pom pom tossing and unpaid friend moves.

Ill just lend you my Van Halen and Aerosmith CDs.

Eddie Van Halen - pompous, temperamental girlie man

David Lee Roth - used to be a pompous, arrogant windbag but is now just annoying and blissfully unaware to the point of frightening

Aerosmith - but Perry and Tyler particularly, sold out whatever integrity they once had when they realized instead of sticking with a tried-and-true hard-rock boogie, they could sully their band's name but make scads more money by performing ear-raping, uninspired, middle of the road ballads.

I doubt teams have to pay royalties to play that song after TDs. They are not profiting from the song, people pay to see the game, therefore I doubt its copyright comes into play. Furthermore, there is a strong argument the song has become part of the public domain by now.

This is totally foolish. If, on the other hand, he does receive money from the NFL, I can totally understand the position.

Again, I don't know for sure, but if you are charging someone an entrance fee and providing them entertainment that you don't own the copyright on there is probably a very good chance you'll have to pay for that music. Any lawyers able to answer this?

The song will be subject to public performance royalties for the author(s) unless it was sold lock, stock and barrel to some other entity, who would then receive the royalties.

I can almost guarantee it's not public domain. The frequency of playing a song is irrelevant, it is the time since creation that matters. R and R Part 2 came out in, I think, 1971 or 1972, so it has about 40 years to go before it becomes PD.

Skins? :D