[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Start/Bench List

gsmayes

I personally like Steven Jackson's note:

Jackson owners have to be scratching their heads. All that talent seems to be going to waste in an ineffective running game. In every game this season when he's received 20-plus carries he's come up big. Unfortunately that's been only once in the past five games. The Eagles present another great opportunity for the Rams to establish a solid running attack. Will they squander another one? Let's hope not.

Every game this season? Past five games? The Eagles? Me thinks they copy/pasted week 15 from last year. Actually, that is exactly what they did.

Jackson owners have to be scratching their heads. All that talent seems to be going to waste in an ineffective running game. In every game this season when he's received 20-plus carries he's come up big. Unfortunately that's been only once in the past five games. The Eagles present another great opportunity for the Rams to establish a solid running attack. Will they squander another one? Let's hope not.

Every game this season? Past five games? The Eagles? Me thinks they copy/pasted week 15 from last year. Actually, that is exactly what they did.

Oops. Musta forgotten to edit that one. :D

:D

I already paid for this bit of insight last year!

I wonder if my credit card will be refunded .21 cents?

No S1 or S2 this year, only S? It's changed multiple times over the last 5+ years and I can't remember the different versions, but the Start/Bench list seems like it's getting less useful.

Unfortunately I have to agree with this. That's not a slam on anyone... it's just reality. I excitedly opened up that link this morning, took a quick glance, and realized that it served me no purpose looking at a bunch of players with very little differentiation between them all.

Now, the team defense report on the other hand was a very welcome surprise! :D

It's simple, but gives some good quick solid information.

Edited by Savage Beatings

I have to agree, it was a bit of a let down for me too! I was also very excited to open it this year and to have just S - not differentiate between them doesn't really help a whole lot. I already knew to start anybody I drafted in the first 4 rounds unless they are hurt, like Portis :D .

Maybe it is just a week 1 thing and it will improve as we move on throughout the season. Since week 1 is kind of tough to judge.

I’ve been using this site since 1999 and I can’t remember, but didn’t the Start/Bench list used to be more like a numbered ranking for that week? Then a few years ago they went to the current system of ranked tiers and I seem to remember not caring for it but it wasn’t big deal to me. Now over the years they’ve consolidated tiers and watered it down on several occasions.

As long as we’re on miscellaneous complaints, why no more huddle news headlines on the front page? Now I have to click on it to see if there’s anything new. It's not like it took up much space.

Edited by gsmayes

I’ve been using this site since 1999 and I can’t remember, but didn’t the Start/Bench list used to be more like a numbered ranking for that week? Then a few years ago they went to the current system of ranked tiers and I seem to remember not caring for it but it wasn’t big deal to me. Now over the years they’ve consolidated tiers and watered it down on several occasions.

As long as we’re on miscellaneous complaints, why no more huddle news headlines on the front page? Now I have to click on it to see if there’s anything new. It's not like it took up much space.

gotta make room for the banners and screensaver ads..... :D

I'm here for the boards. I pay every year for the Huddle but, I usually bypass the front page and go right to the boards. I'm not saying the info given is bad or lacking, just don't think a start/bench list is all that helpfull anyway. I'll make my own mind up. I also realize people look for validation in their own picks, maybe that's something you just won't have to second guess yourself.

No S1 or S2 this year, only S? It's changed multiple times over the last 5+ years and I can't remember the different versions, but the Start/Bench list seems like it's getting less useful.

I too miss the S1 and S2 feature but will say this -- I used to use a 2nd site (KFFL) that ranked players in a number order. Invariably, my gut instinct (especially after reading Huddle) was to play one guy, but then the other was ranked a bit higher by KFFL. Any time I switched due to the "higher" ranking, I got the worst of it.

My point is this -- this system ranks players in tiers which helps make group comparisons and leads your reasoning more to the line of thinking of "hey they are both comparable lets stick with the guy that my gut says" rather than making radical or snap judgments.

Once I switched to using just the Huddle I found that I was making better decisions digesting information and using my own intuition rather than relying on numbered rankings (which are really flawed)

I'm here for the boards. I pay every year for the Huddle but, I usually bypass the front page and go right to the boards. I'm not saying the info given is bad or lacking, just don't think a start/bench list is all that helpfull anyway. I'll make my own mind up. I also realize people look for validation in their own picks, maybe that's something you just won't have to second guess yourself.

BINGO!!! Complain, complain.