[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Need Help With Starting Linebackers

TheShiznit

I am in a twelve team league...IDP. We had 24 rounds. I picked second in the draft. We start 1QB, 1-2 RB, 3-4 WR, K, 1-2 DE/DL, 2-4 LB, 1-2 S/CB.

Scoring is Points per reception 1/10 rushing and receiving. 1/20 passing. -2 for INT's. And 6pts for all TD's.

Def Scoring is 2pts per tackle, 5 points per fumble recovery, 10pts for each INT and 1/10 for return yards and 6 pts for all TD's. My line up is as such:

QB: Matt Hasselbeck*

Drew Bledsoe

RB: LaDanian Timlinson*

Julius Jones*

Ahman Green

Derrick Blaylock

Vernand Morency

WR: Terrell Owens*

Joe Horn*

Reggie Brown

Nate Burleson*

Ernest Wilford

Reche Caldwell

K: Ryan Longwell*

DE: Adewale Ogunleye*

LB: London Fletcher*

DeMeco Ryans*

Angelo Crowell

Channing Crowder*

Jeff Ulbrich

Thomas Howard*

Bart Scott

S/CB: Antoine Winfield*

Nate Clements

Starting lineup is in astericks.

First, rate my team. Is this your best perceived starting lineup for week one, specifically the linebackers. And, what on this team would you give up to get Marion Barber III??

I look forward to what you have to say.

Thanks.

The name of this site is: The Huddle

The name you chose for this site (The Huddle) is: TheShiznit

The name you should've chosen (that would better fit your team): TotalShiz

Any questions?

No not really....just one comment though...I can fix my team, however, you have to live with that face for the rest of your life....geezer.

I believe what they are trying to say is they believe you have a weak team as do I. Getting Marian Barber is the least of your worries.

QB - You strength is at QB with Hasslebeck and Bledsoe. I would use this position to trade and try to strengthen other positions. Once a starting QB goes down you should pounce and try to improve your team.

RB- LT is awesome and will be the staple of your team. Jones may split carries and there will be games where he will get you points and others where he won't. Ahman Green could be the sleeper for you. If he gets back to form of 2 to 3 years ago then you are stable at this position. The injury is a concern. The other 2 are spotty at best and you have to hope for injury for them to get a job running the ball 20 - 25 times a game.

WR - TO and Horn - Having to depend on older WR's who are often injured over the lasst few years is not something that would comfort me. You need to try to move 1 or both of these guys for more stable, younger WR's who you know you can depend on. They both might have great years but they also both might only play 4 to 8 games. Your other WR's are half decent with some upside but there isn't one of them where you can say, "I know they will get 8 to 10 TD's and 1200 yards".

PK - Longwell - I know a kicker is just a kicker but YUCK. If Koenen is still out there grab him.

DL - Ogunleye is a good DE and will hopefully improve upon last year.

LB - Ummm - what happened? Fletcher is an everyday starter and a stud. Your second best LB might be Crowell. Crowell played so well last year that they have kept him at WLB and moved Spikes to SLB. If it stays this way then Crowell is an every day starter. Ulbrich is a waste and should be cut as early as possible. The 49ers were going to go with a 3-4 D but decided their LB's weren't good enough and switched back to a 4-3. Ulbrich is the SLB and Lawson is the WLB with SMith in the middle. Ulbrich isn't worth anything. Bart Scott looks to be the WLB on the Ravens DEF and could work out well. I'd keep him and watch his production before I make any final decision. Ryans and Howard are both unproven rookies and Rookie LB's usually aren't top producers. If this is a dynasty league then you are in good shape. If this is a re-draft league then I'm not sure I would carry them on my team. Lastly is Crowder who showed last year he could play and is now the WLB. When THomas retires Crowder will be the MLB and be a stud. For now he is still learning but he should move into the top 25 to 30 LB's this year in FF.

DB - WInfield and Clements are fair. When picking DB's you usually want S's who produce more tackles and are steady with Int's as well. I wouldn't want to go into a season with these 2 as my starters.

All in all I think you need to improve in WR, K, LB, DB. In a 12 team IDP league this is a fairly weak team overall. No malice intended just an honest opinion which is what you asked for.

I believe what they are trying to say is they believe you have a weak team as do I. Getting Marian Barber is the least of your worries.

QB - You strength is at QB with Hasslebeck and Bledsoe. I would use this position to trade and try to strengthen other positions. Once a starting QB goes down you should pounce and try to improve your team.

RB- LT is awesome and will be the staple of your team. Jones may split carries and there will be games where he will get you points and others where he won't. Ahman Green could be the sleeper for you. If he gets back to form of 2 to 3 years ago then you are stable at this position. The injury is a concern. The other 2 are spotty at best and you have to hope for injury for them to get a job running the ball 20 - 25 times a game.

WR - TO and Horn - Having to depend on older WR's who are often injured over the lasst few years is not something that would comfort me. You need to try to move 1 or both of these guys for more stable, younger WR's who you know you can depend on. They both might have great years but they also both might only play 4 to 8 games. Your other WR's are half decent with some upside but there isn't one of them where you can say, "I know they will get 8 to 10 TD's and 1200 yards".

PK - Longwell - I know a kicker is just a kicker but YUCK. If Koenen is still out there grab him.

LB - Ummm - what happened? Fletcher is an everyday starter and a stud. Your second best LB might be Crowell. Crowell played so well last year that they have kept him at WLB and moved Spikes to SLB. If it stays this way then Crowell is an every day starter. Ulbrich is a waste and should be cut as early as possible. The 49ers were going to go with a 3-4 D but decided their LB's weren't good enough and switched back to a 4-3. Ulbrich is the SLB and Lawson is the WLB with SMith in the middle. Ulbrich isn't worth anything. Bart Scott looks to be the WLB on the Ravens DEF and could work out well. I'd keep him and watch his production before I make any final decision. Ryans and Howard are both unproven rookies and Rookie LB's usually aren't top producers. If this is a dynasty league then you are in good shape. If this is a re-draft league then I'm not sure I would carry them on my team. Lastly is Crowder who showed last year he could play and is now the WLB. When THomas retires Crowder will be the MLB and be a stud. For now he is still learning but he should move into the top 25 to 30 LB's this year in FF.

DB - WInfield and Clements are fair. When picking DB's you usually want S's who produce more tackles and are steady with Int's as well. I wouldn't want to go into a season with these 2 as my starters.

All in all I think you need to improve in WR, K, LB, DB. In a 12 team IDP league this is a fairly weak team overall. No malice intended just an honest opinion which is what you asked for.

Storm you really should come around much more, and I am being serious.

But I have to disagree with you about the SF situation, Rotoworld I believe is floating info that SF is gonna be running a 4/3 and that just isnt the truth...they had/have some guys injured(harylson & Moore) They drafted Manny Lawson to be a RUSH OLB...i posted a quote from their defensive coordinator in an interview he gave on a SF radio station...the gist of it was that they are still based on a 3/4 and can easily transistion into a 4/3 blah blah blah....so while you will most likely see SF run some 4/3(which will most likely imo come when and if lawson puts his hand down). The niners also signed Roderick Green from Balt that should allow them to run more 3/4 while moore and harylson recover

this quote is from the Defensive Coord interview:

the scheme is built out of a 3-4 but can easily move in and out of a 4-3

doesnt seem like anything to panic about imo...

SF depth chart from there own website shows: a 3/4 LINK

here is an interview with billy davis... Interview after Camp Broke

Not for nothing, but Crowell is not an "every day starter, " IMO. I'm much rather go with Ryans, who is a MLB on a bad defensive team. Crowell is a decent LB, but I'd go with Ryans until he proves he can't cut it, regardless of whether or not he is a rookie.

Not for nothing, but Crowell is not an "every day starter, " IMO. I'm much rather go with Ryans, who is a MLB on a bad defensive team. Crowell is a decent LB, but I'd go with Ryans until he proves he can't cut it, regardless of whether or not he is a rookie.

the bills will be running a version of the Tampa 2, so crowell could be hugh and fletcher might be the one that needs to be downgraded but until we see what they do live its hard to speculate

Any LB that plays well enough to force a team to move a top LB like Spikes is a LB that would be a starter. I'm not saying Ryans won't be a starter...all I'm saying is Ryans isn't tested and most rookie LB's don't make good staters for a couple of years.

Last year Lofa Tatupu and Odell Thurman were the only 2 LB's who produced as week in and week out starters.

Derrick Johnson the consensus # 1 LB wasn't starter worthy except a spot start. Morrison showed promise but not a FF starter last year. Merriman in the NFL was a stud but in FF it didn't translate into an every day starter. Good bye week fill in if you got lucky.

Notice the rookies who produced last year were on very good playoff teams and those that weren't as successful were on mid to poor teams.

Edited by StormChasers

Thank You...now that I can live with. Thanks for the advice.

• 4 weeks later...

Is he an everyday Starter yet? He's been in my lineup since the beginning of the year and I can't complain.