[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ronnie Brown owners

MrTed46

I love Ronnie Brown and I am still high on him. He is fast and powerful...he looked good today eventhough he didnt get any yards.

Culpepper being so bad has me worried though. That O-line is horrible so if Culpepper can't get a rythm going they are in trouble and I think Brown will suffer.

Don't get me wrong from a fantasy perspective he did great for me today and I would take it everyweek but Culpepper and that line has me worried now.

What do you guys think?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Ronnie Brown and I am still high on him. He is fast and powerful...he looked good today eventhough he didnt get any yards.

Culpepper being so bad has me worried though. That O-line is horrible so if Culpepper can't get a rythm going they are in trouble and I think Brown will suffer.

Don't get me wrong from a fantasy perspective he did great for me today and I would take it everyweek but Culpepper and that line has me worried now.

What do you guys think?

I hear you...I have him in all my leagues...didnt mean for that to happen, but the way my drafts went, I ended up with him in everyone...dont get me wrong, I think he is a stud, but I just like to hedge my best a little better...

I wouldnt worry too much...that is one of the best D's in the league he just faced tonight....celebrating the fact they just won the super bowl...hell the D is probably the reason they won the super bowl...

He will be just fine....he gets Buffalo next week :D

I'm a little worried. C-Pepp looked HORRIBLE, especially when the game got to where he HAD to make plays. He never could locate his receivers with consistency, throwing behind, short, and over the head of guys as often as he hit their numbers. Maybe jitters of the first game back?

Anyway, this development tonight makes me wonder about my 1st round pick. Hopefully it's the combined result of returning from injury, opening night, and a great defense forcing the issue. We'll learn a lot more next Sunday, I think.

i don't have him but watching him tonight he looked like he had trouble getting out of his own way. the 2 TD's were nice but once other teams realize he can't "hoof" it i fear a long year ahead of him. wish him the best(except the week i play against him).

i have him in 3 of my 4 pay leagues.. im not worried.. the steelers have given up one 100 yard rusher in 30+ games.. they have made rbs look even worse. i knew he wasnt going to do much of anything, im surprised he got any points for me tonight. i want to see him vs an easier defense before i get worried.

i have him in 3 of my 4 pay leagues.. im not worried.. the steelers have given up one 100 yard rusher in 30+ games.. they have made rbs look even worse. i knew he wasnt going to do much of anything, im surprised he got any points for me tonight. i want to see him vs an easier defense before i get worried.

for your sake i hope you're right....but fear you're not!

Tough to say. He looked good although his YPC was very low. He was playing PITT on the road, so that has to be taken into consideration. I am surprised he didn't get closer to 20 carries though, I mean the game was very close until Daunte threw it away (literally). I thought Daunte looked decent through 3 quarters. You could tell on numerous plays to Chambers that Daunte was used to Randy's high ball ability. Chambers is not Moss, they'll need to work on their timing together.

You could tell on numerous plays to Chambers that Daunte was used to Randy's high ball ability. Chambers is not Moss, they'll need to work on their timing together.

isn't that what the preseason was for? what were they working on-their end zone celebration dance?

isn't that what the preseason was for? what were they working on-their end zone celebration dance?

Speaking of which - did anyone else think Porter's sack dance was totally money?

Brown looked like crap he got two vulture TDs that is not going to happen the whole year. 15 carries for 30 yards is HORRIBLE. However, he got 21 points in a PPR league...but lets get real...he looked like Stephen Davis out there.

:D i was thinking the same thing. I know it's PIT, but I don't own Ronnie in any leagues, and I'm pretty happy about it...

With the way we score in my league - touchdowns being especially "heavy" - Mr. Brown worked well for me. It doesn't hurt either though that I have the Steeler's D. I was going to profit either way (unless something crazy happened). That D looked incredible in the 2nd half. Palomalu and Porter for co-DPOYs.

:D:D

With the way we score in my league - touchdowns being especially "heavy" - Mr. Brown worked well for me. It doesn't hurt either though that I have the Steeler's D. I was going to profit either way (unless something crazy happened). That D looked incredible in the 2nd half. Palomalu and Porter for co-DPOYs.

:lol::D

I dont think the D looked any better in the 2nd than it did in the 1st. MIA offensive line went out to lunch and CPep..well..no need for a punch line here, he was the ultimate joke. :D

My opinion is Ronnie Brown will be fine this year, just as long as his potential TDs don't get thrown away by Culpepper.

Seriously though, Brown faced a very stingy Pitt defense tonight who was fired up at home. In the long run, you'll be happy to have him.

Ditto for Parker owners (of which I am one). :D

I am surprised he didn't get closer to 20 carries though, I mean the game was very close until Daunte threw it away (literally).

This is what worries me as a Brown owner. What was the coaching staff thinking just as they got the ball in the 4th. qtr? They were up, only by three but still, what were they thinking? I don't care what his ypc were up to that point, you gotta give him the ball. They essentially took one of their best weapons out of the game. And why for the love of God didn't CPep dump it to him at least five times with the open space in front of him during that same time instead of trying to force a throw/

Brown looked like crap he got two vulture TDs that is not going to happen the whole year. 15 carries for 30 yards is HORRIBLE. However, he got 21 points in a PPR league...but lets get real...he looked like Stephen Davis out there.

Davis wasn't so bad to have most of the time. How were they vulture TDs? Who's carries did he take away for those tds or do you mean he should have ran them from 30yds. out?

Tough to say. He looked good although his YPC was very low. He was playing PITT on the road, so that has to be taken into consideration. I am surprised he didn't get closer to 20 carries though, I mean the game was very close until Daunte threw it away (literally).

Pitt on the Road is the exact reason why I'm not worried.

Why be worried from one game against a very tough defense where he still ended up with 2 TDs? Check the game logs, in the past couple of years Shaun Alexander, LaDanian Tomlinson, and even Larry Johnson all have multiple games with YPC under 3, and no one worries about them. A couple of notables:

Tomlinson @ PHI last year = 17 carries for 7 yards - 0.4 YPC (no, not a misprint)

Larry J. @ DEN last year = 8 carries for 13 yards - 1.6 YPC

This was just one game. The fact that he is a very capable receiver helps him too. Brown will be fine.

Why be worried from one game against a very tough defense where he still ended up with 2 TDs? Check the game logs, in the past couple of years Shaun Alexander, LaDanian Tomlinson, and even Larry Johnson all have multiple games with YPC under 3, and no one worries about them. A couple of notables:

Tomlinson @ PHI last year = 17 carries for 7 yards - 0.4 YPC (no, not a misprint)

Larry J. @ DEN last year = 8 carries for 13 yards - 1.6 YPC

This was just one game. The fact that he is a very capable receiver helps him too. Brown will be fine.

but shaun alexander/LT, and LJ have all proved they can do it. ronnie hasn't proved anything yet. except that he maybe over hyped.

Absolutely. To walk away with two tds? Sweeeeeet surprise. Start paying attention to the schedule!

Exactly - as a Ronnie Brown owner, I'm thrilled that I got the 1st of only 2 tough Defs out of the way tonight (they play Chicago in week 5 I believe). 2 TDs and 60 combined yards @ Pitt? No problem there. I look at 3 positives...

1. He only had 14 carries - this will probably be his season low. I expect a much heavier workload from here out. I thought the playcalling in the 4th was horrible - I'm not even sure he carried in the 4th.

2. Culpepper just showed the coaching staff whose hands the ball SHOULD be in when the game is close in the 4th - NOT HIS!

3. Schedule only gets softer except for Chicago and possibly NE.

My hopes going into this game where 50-60 yards and hopefully a TD - so I'm not complaining 1 bit.

Exactly - as a Ronnie Brown owner, I'm thrilled that I got the 1st of only 2 tough Defs out of the way tonight (they play Chicago in week 5 I believe). 2 TDs and 60 combined yards @ Pitt? No problem there. I look at 3 positives...

1. He only had 14 carries - this will probably be his season low. I expect a much heavier workload from here out. I thought the playcalling in the 4th was horrible - I'm not even sure he carried in the 4th.

2. Culpepper just showed the coaching staff whose hands the ball SHOULD be in when the game is close in the 4th - NOT HIS!

3. Schedule only gets softer except for Chicago and possibly NE.

My hopes going into this game where 50-60 yards and hopefully a TD - so I'm not complaining 1 bit.

In what I saw of the game it looked like PIT's gameplan was to do a lot of blitzing (Runs and Pass) and make CPeP beat them with mobility and in the air. With that many folks in the box, Brown's numbers are not startling. However, it was a mystery to me why they didn't go more with screens and little flares to him in the second half.

But I am EXTREMELY happy as a Brown owner.