[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ronnie Brown owners

MrTed46

Brown looked like crap he got two vulture TDs that is not going to happen the whole year. 15 carries for 30 yards is HORRIBLE. However, he got 21 points in a PPR league...but lets get real...he looked like Stephen Davis out there.

On the Dolphins last TD drive he had carries of 2, 5, 8, and 5 for the TD. That is pretty good. The next position, they went with a pass first approach and all but ignored Brown until the last two plays of the drive when he netted a mere 1 yard. He needs the ball more than 15 times. Parkers first 10 carries were terrible also, but he got it going after that. Brown never was given the chance, despite playing with the lead at that point.

He will be fine (Culpepper, not so sure). Brown goes over 100 next sunday at home vs. the Bills and scores again. So it was predicted already on my blog (link below).

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if any of you day-traders want to give away ronnie brown in your leagues, go ahead and do it. see how that works out for you. jeez, miami just gave the ball to him for their only 2 scores and he put in the endzone twice against one of the best de's in the league. i can't believe people are jumping ship already.

Brown looked like crap he got two vulture TDs that is not going to happen the whole year. 15 carries for 30 yards is HORRIBLE. However, he got 21 points in a PPR league...but lets get real...he looked like Stephen Davis out there.

That Pitt D at home in that situation, game one primetime after their SB win last season, is THE best D in the league. I could not disagree more with this statement. What I saw was him making people miss whenever he had the chance to. What I saw was him break 2 or 3 tackles from TP which never happens. What I saw was Brown clearly show a great combo of moves and power. And what I saw was a RB in there on EVERY play and getting all the carries especially in the RZ.

This is what worries me as a Brown owner. What was the coaching staff thinking just as they got the ball in the 4th. qtr? They were up, only by three but still, what were they thinking? I don't care what his ypc were up to that point, you gotta give him the ball. They essentially took one of their best weapons out of the game. And why for the love of God didn't CPep dump it to him at least five times with the open space in front of him during that same time instead of trying to force a throw/

Davis wasn't so bad to have most of the time. How were they vulture TDs? Who's carries did he take away for those tds or do you mean he should have ran them from 30yds. out?

Very fair but it was clear against that D last night there was just no running to be had. Again in that situation that D is impossible to play against. I truly thought Brown looked good when he had a shot. Showing power and nifty moves. Remember that D has allowed like one 100 yard rusher in a VERY long time. So they only ran 15 times because it was very clear it wouldn't work last night. And FYI in the second half Pitt had the ball a ton.

I love Ronnie Brown and I am still high on him. He is fast and powerful...he looked good today eventhough he didnt get any yards.

Culpepper being so bad has me worried though. That O-line is horrible so if Culpepper can't get a rythm going they are in trouble and I think Brown will suffer.

Don't get me wrong from a fantasy perspective he did great for me today and I would take it everyweek but Culpepper and that line has me worried now.

What do you guys think?

It was one game, on the road, versus one of the top defenses in the league. I'm a Brown owner in two leagues and am not close to being worried. Off the ledge, Mr. Ted and don't worry about every little thing...it's FAR too early in the season.

As a Brown owner, I am far from concerned and probably more encouraged. He played pretty well, considering he had absolutely nowhere to run. He very rarely went down by the first defender to touch him. He was breaking tackles pretty consistently he just really had nowhere to go. The Pittsburgh D might be the best in the league and they sure looked like it last night against the run.

He has proven to me a pretty good receiver out of the backfield, and if he can get some open field he can make people miss and break tackles. Based on what I saw last night I am very happy having him as my No. 1. I just hope C-Pep can improve his game some to take some of the pressure off of Brown to not let the D focus on him all game long.

As a Brown owner, I am far from concerned and probably more encouraged. He played pretty well, considering he had absolutely nowhere to run. He very rarely went down by the first defender to touch him. He was breaking tackles pretty consistently he just really had nowhere to go. The Pittsburgh D might be the best in the league and they sure looked like it last night against the run.

He has proven to me a pretty good receiver out of the backfield, and if he can get some open field he can make people miss and break tackles. Based on what I saw last night I am very happy having him as my No. 1. I just hope C-Pep can improve his game some to take some of the pressure off of Brown to not let the D focus on him all game long.

I agree with everything said here.

On the Dolphins last TD drive he had carries of 2, 5, 8, and 5 for the TD. That is pretty good. The next position, they went with a pass first approach and all but ignored Brown until the last two plays of the drive when he netted a mere 1 yard. He needs the ball more than 15 times. Parkers first 10 carries were terrible also, but he got it going after that. Brown never was given the chance, despite playing with the lead at that point.

He will be fine (Culpepper, not so sure). Brown goes over 100 next sunday at home vs. the Bills and scores again. So it was predicted already on my blog (link below).

I don't think brown goes for 100 yards next week. Mularky's play calling is trash! As a bills fan I have seen it for a 2 whole season. Next week ever body will be talking about why didn't Mularky run Brown more than 15 times again. Just like McGahee disappeared last year....it's not because he did not have the talent. It's because the play calling was very predictable. The defenses knew what was going to happen!!

Jeez, some people are too funny. One guy posts that he's glad he's not a Ronnie Brown owner. Talk about overreaction. It's the first game of the season, on the road, against a great defense...and the guy still gets 2 TD's. Every great RB will have a game or two during the season where they get shut down. I love being in leagues with guys who fly off the handle based on a single game performance. I STOLE Tomlinson from an owner in the 2003 season when LT started off slowly the first few games of the year. Tomlinson for Hines Ward straight up. It helped that he was a huge Pitt slappy and loved Ward in particular.

Happy to have Ronnie here. =D I saw a few flashes of something great from him and am glad he got me alota points without taking much of a beating. You know who looked bad? FB Darien Barnes, he directly caused two sacks that I saw by giving up on blocks. Nifty playcalling on the goal line with Ronnie lining up at the FB with Chambers at HB. I liked what I saw.

But I don't wanna see 8 in the box because Culpepper stinks.

EXACTLY. As a former member of Culpepper Owners Anonymous c. 2005, I know just how bad he looked in Minnesota before that knee injury. It's basically like having Jamal Lewis in the backfield with Kyle Boller. I don't care how good the RB is, if teams can stack the box because there is no real passing threat, then the RB's stats will suffer.

I'm THRILLED to get 18 points out of Brown considering the circumstances, but really worry that C-Pepp is more at risk of continuing his INT-happy, inaccurate arm play than returning to his MVP runner-up season of 2004.

Absolutely. To walk away with two tds? Sweeeeeet surprise. Start paying attention to the schedule!

That's what I'm saying. The jury is still out, but he's the only back they have, he plays all downs, and gets bonuses with catches out of the backfield. Other than the fact that he's unproven, everything is in his favor to have a monster fantasy year. He might not get the yards that Tiki will get, but I'm betting that he'll outscore him on the fantasy board this season. He was a risk, but a calculated one with high potential reward.

I don't think brown goes for 100 yards next week. Mularky's play calling is trash! As a bills fan I have seen it for a 2 whole season. Next week ever body will be talking about why didn't Mularky run Brown more than 15 times again. Just like McGahee disappeared last year....it's not because he did not have the talent. It's because the play calling was very predictable. The defenses knew what was going to happen!!

Wasn't Mularky the O Coordinator in Pittsburgh for years before the Bills job? I seem to remember the Steelers being somewhat famous for running the ball a ton with Bettis during those years. Willis had 325 carries last year, average of 20 per game. Now, I think he should have handled the ball more but they were behind an awful lot in their 2005 games.

I stand by the 100 yard prediction for next week and still think Ronnie has a great year. Saban is not going to let an O Coordinator destory his team's season by feeding the stud running back the ball 15 times every game.

if any of you day-traders want to give away ronnie brown in your leagues, go ahead and do it. see how that works out for you. jeez, miami just gave the ball to him for their only 2 scores and he put in the endzone twice against one of the best de's in the league. i can't believe people are jumping ship already.

Yup

A guy in one of my $$ leagues sat him this week. I only wish I was playing him. Never sit your #1 pick. Period.

Yup

my concern is more the miami o line which has looked terrible both times i've watched them this year. the first was against car in the preseason and brown's stats were virtually identical to this game except w/out the tds. brown looks fine when he gets any space, but he didn't get any last night.

Wasn't Mularky the O Coordinator in Pittsburgh for years before the Bills job? I seem to remember the Steelers being somewhat famous for running the ball a ton with Bettis during those years. Willis had 325 carries last year, average of 20 per game. Now, I think he should have handled the ball more but they were behind an awful lot in their 2005 games.

I stand by the 100 yard prediction for next week and still think Ronnie has a great year. Saban is not going to let an O Coordinator destory his team's season by feeding the stud running back the ball 15 times every game.

I hope your right...for Browns sake. Weird things just seem to happen with Mularky and you don't really think about them untill after the game. All I can say is that Miami looked like the Bills from 2 seasons ago. But they did end up 8-8 that year. So I guess we will see...

Edited by hause62

He turned a stinker (30 yards) into a nice performance (by adding 2 TD's). Sure, he's not going to get 2 TD's every week, but this type of week is what saves wins - 12 more points than, say, Westbrook or Dunn might have gotten in the same situation. All against a VERY tough D matchup. I don't own him in any leagues, but I'd trade for him in a heartbeat if the chance came up.

You people crack me up. It was the first freaking game!!! Give C-Pep some time to gel with the offense. This is a man that passed for 4700 yds 39 TD's and 8 Int's just 2 years ago. Don't say he had Randy Moss, because Moss was hurt for over half the year. He was playing against one of the best defenses and most creative play callers in the game in Dick Lebaeu. Teams may very well put 8 in the box against Mia. until Daunte proves he can beat it, but I don't think it will take Daunte long to beat it. Remember this was his first game back after tearing all the ligiments in his knee, and in case you're wondering no I am not a Culpepper owner.

As far as RBrown goes I was very impressed last night. Was it just me or does he remind you of SAlexander in his running style? Very patient and elusive for a guys his size. I'm not saying he's going to put up Alexander stats because he's not in the same great situation, but I thought he looked great all things considered.

Edited by Capt. Stanky