[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

being called a cheat...thanks to cbs sportsline

Steelhead

So I benched Mike Bell for Gore at 1pm. It's timestamped in the lineup report. But for some reason my opponent (who happens to be my brother) saw Mike Bell on the game tracker all day. Now he's calling me a cheat and calling me out to the whole leauge. It's total BS since the report shows I did it at 1pm...not sure how to quell his accusations.

Anyone else have any issues similar to this?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So I benched Mike Bell for Gore at 1pm. It's timestamped in the lineup report. But for some reason my opponent (who happens to be my brother) saw Mike Bell on the game tracker all day. Now he's calling me a cheat and calling me out to the whole leauge. It's total BS since the report shows I did it at 1pm...not sure how to quell his accusations.

Are you the Commissioner? How else would it even be possible for you to change yoru lineup after the games have started?

Either way, if it is indeed timestamped before Kickoff, then why is it even an issue? I feel like we are missing something here.

We didn't see anything like this in our league. But check out the story I posted from a couple of years back where a similar thing happened.

You should be able to go into the Transactions section and run a Transactions report showing Lineup changes only (click on the Lineup) link. That will show definitively what happened.

PS: I take it that your are the Commish in your league, or have commissioner priveleges? That would be the only way you'd be able to make a line-up change after the start of the game.

last year I was in your brother's position. Sportsline showed that the person I was playing had started one player, but then in the 4th quarter or so, it switched to a different player. I sent an e-mail asking what happened and he said he had inserted the new player just before kickoff. I trust my opponent 100% so I was certain he wasn't trying to cheat me. I said ok. And that was that.

This also happened to me. Actually, my opponent switched his lineup at the last minute and I had already started the CBS game center. I closed out of the game center then went back in and surprise, i was losing big time. I thought my opponent cheated but that wasn't the case.

Have your brother read these posts if he doesn't believe you. :D

this happened on a lineup change i made today. i think this problem was pretty common in fact as others in our league encountered it as well. we all emailed the whole league letting them know what was up.

but it it's time stamped on the transaction report, what is the problem?

I don't see a problem...he's just being a whiny sumbitch!!!

Edited by Steelhead

CBS only allows for lineup changes 5 minutes before gametime. If you are commish and made a change after that, you cheated as no other league member could have the right as well. If you made the change 5 minutes before gametime, then tell your bro to piss off.

Excellent point.

Is this the case? Did you use your Commish powers to make this change after the cutoff for the rest of the league?

If you start the Yahoo StatTracker prior to KO time, it shows you who is in the starting lineup at that time and keeps it that way thereafter. It does not go back and recheck lineups - you would need to shut it down and restart it for lineup changes to be reflected. I'm betting this is what has happened.

Here's to you, Mr. Last Minute Line-up Changer Upper

Every league's got one, and it sounds like you're it.

Like an indecisive woman shopping for shoes,

you can't decide who to play until the kicker's foot is about to strike the ball.

"Bell.....no, wait!...Gore....no wait!"

Seriously, though - it's always a good idea to contact your opponent and your commissioner either by phone or by e-mail with a time stamp when making a last minute line-up change. Or, I guess you could pick a line-up and stick with it, Mr. Last Minute Line-up Changer Upper.

I think your brother will realize that you didn't cheat sooner or later. I've seen the Live scoring over there and I totally understand the bs. you're in. It should happen enough that everyone in your league should know that it happens. The live scoring isn't official. The transaction report showing your lineup change is officially date stamped. Tell your bro to take his meds. :D

At the top of the DEN vs STL Gamebook, it says the start time was 12:02 PM Central, is that the actual kickoff time? I ASSume it is.

So what is your official rule? Five minutes before kickoff or anytime before kickoff?

theeohiostate is right, the only option is one hour or five minutes before kickoff...unless you "specify day/time". So if yours is set to five minutes before kickoff, you did do something no one else in your league can since you are the commissioner.

Your brother probably had his GameCenter open before you made your change....unless he closed it and restarted it, or refreshed it, it kept Bell on his screen.

Same thing happened in my league last year....Sportsline should develop a way to intermitantly "refresh" with the most updated lineups. Or advise its league participants to do so.

Excellent point.

Is this the case? Did you use your Commish powers to make this change after the cutoff for the rest of the league?

I had been attempting to make the change for 10 min prior to the start of the game. My wife can attest to that. Plus if guys call me even right up to gametime I'll allow a change...I'm easy going like this. My brother is being a jackazz because he isn't looking at the txn report and according to the game tracker on his pc I didn't have Gore in...which I did.

Hindsight I should've called his sorry butt and left a msg I guess.

I had been attempting to make the change for 10 min prior to the start of the game. My wife can attest to that. Plus if guys call me even right up to gametime I'll allow a change...I'm easy going like this. My brother is being a jackazz because he isn't looking at the txn report and according to the game tracker on his pc I didn't have Gore in...which I did.

Hindsight I should've called his sorry butt and left a msg I guess.

Well, to be honest with you, saying that "my wife can attest to it" wouldn't cut it in my league. In the future, you should get in the habit of documenting it somehow when you try to make a line-up change but cant' get into the system for some reason. I require my owners to email or call me if they can't get into the system. That way, even if I can't help them out right at that moment, we have proof (e.g. a time-stamped voicemail, an email, etc...) that the roster change was legit.

yeah I'm the commish. He is really pissed but you'd think he'd take my word...and I even told him to look at the txn report. He's ignoring me and posting nasty msgs on our league website.

Me thinks you have more problems than just FF with your brother. This is really hard to believe from bros. I have had some drag down fights but, I've never had any of my brothers refuse a phone call from me for any reason. We've come to punches over stupid stuff but, it's over with when we're done bleeding.

Excellent point.

I agree here, this point hasn't been supported enough since it is the correct point. As commish you cannot do something for yourself unless the rest of the league has the same right. If everyone else is locked out at 5 mins. til, you are too and therefore, have to use your commish status w/cbs in order to make the change. That should be your first clue that you are wrong.

That being said, your bro is being a big-a$$ baby as well. :D

I agree here, this point hasn't been supported enough since it is the correct point. As commish you cannot do something for yourself unless the rest of the league has the same right. If everyone else is locked out at 5 mins. til, you are too and therefore, have to use your commish status w/cbs in order to make the change. That should be your first clue that you are wrong.

True that. Given that you failed to properly document the fact that you tried to make the line-up change ten minutes prior to gametime, I think you need to suck it up and give this game to your brother and chalk it up to a lesson learned. Send an email out to the league letting everyone know what happened so that they know you didn't cheat.

Yeah, it will suck to lose this way, but your gesture of good will go a long way towards establishing you as a great commissioner who's not afraid to admit mistakes, and may help your relationship with your brother a little bit as well...

yeah i don't know what his issue is. he thinks he's some bad ass because he's won 3 championships and the fact that he's drafted a mediocre team this year is unfathomable.

And the league knows if they have problems setting lineups they can call me/email me and I change it for them. I've done that for years. I think the real problem is Game Center never showed Gore because he didn't close down and reopen a new browser. But he won't listen to me.

He can suck it.

True that. Given that you failed to properly document the fact that you tried to make the line-up change ten minutes prior to gametime, I think you need to suck it up and give this game to your brother and chalk it up to a lesson learned. Send an email out to the league letting everyone know what happened so that they know you didn't cheat.

Yeah, it will suck to lose this way, but your gesture of good will go a long way towards establishing you as a great commissioner who's not afraid to admit mistakes, and may help your relationship with your brother a little bit as well...

They know I'm a great commish...built our league into a great one the last 6 years. THere are a number of whiners and I always offer them the job but never do they take me up on it.

I'm not giving up this win to my brother. had he been in my place I know he wouldn't. He needs to suck it up and get over it. That or let me switch it back to 1 hr before gametime...then nobody gets to make GTD...I'm fine with that too. Of course he won't want that lol.