[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

being called a cheat...thanks to cbs sportsline

Steelhead

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in Baltimore today for the Orioles game and had numerous calls over this in a league I commish on CBS. A guy in our league sat Jason Whitten for Issac Bruce and it is indeed timestamped at 11:19. of course, I couldnt check this until I got home just now. I called several people in the league and some of them saw Whitten in his active lineup and some of them saw Bruce. Unfortunately, his opponent saw Whitten for half a game and THEN Bruce.

Clearly this is a problem from CBS. I actually got in an arguement saying that I would be the only one who could do this change. I called the owner with Bruce and he was at work completely unaware of what was going on.

Anyway...CBS wont let you change after a player has gone active. However, they obviously had 1st day problems.

Hope this helps....it certainly helps me for my league so thanks for sharing.

Good luck

Hardrocker

since the timestamp was within the 5 min mark then yes I was using commish powers. Though I had been trying to make the change for 10 min before gametime. Point is I have allowed changed within 5 minutes before and even let my brother do this over the years. I allow it cause I know the site is diffulcult sometimes and like to give people the benefit of the doubt. I really don't know why he's being such a jagoff except that he didn't see Gore until he got home and opened a new browser. Hindsight when I began having problems i should've have called someone else in the league to corroborate. I guess I should thank sportsline for sucking so bad.

since the timestamp was within the 5 min mark then yes I was using commish powers. Though I had been trying to make the change for 10 min before gametime. Point is I have allowed changed within 5 minutes before and even let my brother do this over the years. I allow it cause I know the site is diffulcult sometimes and like to give people the benefit of the doubt. I really don't know why he's being such a jagoff except that he didn't see Gore until he got home and opened a new browser. Hindsight when I began having problems i should've have called someone else in the league to corroborate. I guess I should thank sportsline for sucking so bad.

that's a reasonable response, but still, we have a rule, that the change must be made to count, and everyone is urged to set their line-up asap, for just such a problem.

I was in Baltimore today for the Orioles game and had numerous calls over this in a league I commish on CBS. A guy in our league sat Jason Whitten for Issac Bruce and it is indeed timestamped at 11:19. of course, I couldnt check this until I got home just now. I called several people in the league and some of them saw Whitten in his active lineup and some of them saw Bruce. Unfortunately, his opponent saw Whitten for half a game and THEN Bruce.

Clearly this is a problem from CBS. I actually got in an arguement saying that I would be the only one who could do this change. I called the owner with Bruce and he was at work completely unaware of what was going on.

Anyway...CBS wont let you change after a player has gone active. However, they obviously had 1st day problems.

Hope this helps....it certainly helps me for my league so thanks for sharing.

Good luck

Hardrocker

Nevermind.....I did not see that you used commish power to make change...

:D

You NEVER do this without making sure EVERYONE who could be affected know...and at a minimum you email everyone to tell them the story.

Nevermind.....I did not see that you used commish power to make change...

:D

You NEVER do this without making sure EVERYONE who could be affected know...and at a minimum you email everyone to tell them the story.

I didn't even think about calling him because it did go thru, past the 5 min cutoff but before kickoff, and I did have Gore shown on my Game Center so I had no idea he didn't see it on his.

I didn't even think about calling him because it did go thru, past the 5 min cutoff but before kickoff, and I did have Gore shown on my Game Center so I had no idea he didn't see it on his.

There should have been a warning comment that you were using your commissioner powers for any players with their status showing in red. But...whatever, hopefully everyone else in your league is clear that you would do this for others in your league at the last minute if they called you (I understand you said you have done it for others before, but your brother seems to have forgotten that you have for him before).

But maybe the whole site was on the fritz and you ddin't see the warning comment.

if you have allowed people to change right before kick off even after the 5 minute mark then I dont see a problem with you using your commish powers and changing it as long as you can show the time stamped transaction report showing it was before kick off..I commish a cbs league and I make lineups due 1 hour before kick off..

Well, this statement basically sums up why you're having problems now.

You didn't call your brother to let him know. If you had done this, he could have refreshed his browser and this would have been a non-issue.

What you SHOULD have done is, at the moment (ten minutes prior to kick-off) when you first attempted to make the change, you should have called or emailed your brother or another league member to document it. Tell him, "Hey, I'm changing my line-up, but the system is down. So I just wanted to let you know now that so-and-so will be swapped in as soon as I'm able to get back into Sportsline." Then, even if you were successful a couple of minutes later (as you were), this would have been a non-issue.

Well if your brother put up the live scoring page at 11:50 central and you made the change at 11:58 central he wouldn't see the change unless he logged out and back on. The timestamp is all you need to prove what time the transaction posted. You can't change that as commissioner, so this is really a non-issue.

I have a simple answer. Use My Fantasy League instead! :lol::lol:

If you are not allowed to change in the five minutes before the game starts, you as the Commish should hold yourself to a higher standard, undo the move and go with what would have happened!

On the other hand, IT IS ONLY A GAME :D

Geez... :D

you have an a$shole for a brother.

I didn't know you knew my brother :D

Nice brotherly love... have you ever done anything questionable before? If the answer is truly 'no', you need to tell your brother to come talk to you and trust you before he calls you out in front of the whole league.

Yeah you would think that's what a normal person would do, especially a relative.

You should NEVER make transactions or line up changes logged on as the commissioner. You should log on as an owner ... in this fashion you won't inadvertantly do something owners are normally allowed to do.

Really you should only be logged on as the commissioner when you are operating in that capacity ... and setting your lineup is not a commissioner function.

It is possible on Sportsline for someone with Commish powers to make a lineup change and also change the transaction log so that it looks totally legitimate. Complicated? Yes, but it can be done. No, I'm not going to give you a tutorial on how to do it! Sportsline has internal logs that record what happened and IF you can get ahold of them they will share them with you.

Just an FYI for anyone who has suspicions about their league in general - if something looks fishy, it might be. It also might be that you didn't have a current window open in Live Scoring.

I had a GTD yesterday about 10 minutes before KO and posted it on the board so there wouldn't be any question. Wouldn't even CONSIDER using my Commish powers to make a lineup change after rosters were locked. What good is a deadline if you don't enforce it?

This is pretty simple to figure out......

Line up change was done after the deadline ended and under commissioner powers.

You knew all of this, you as commissioner and as an onwer should have made an attemt to notify the opposing owner. You didnt which makes this situation smell even worse.

My opinion would be........ Bell is your starting RB NOT Gore.

As a commissioner you have to be above or held to a higher standard than other owners, since you do have the ability to make changes other owners do not.

I do not think you cheated at all but I would make sure you do any changes at least 10 minutes before any kickoff so there are no issues.I know you say you would do the same for others in your league but being you are commish this gesture is not returned by league members.I know from running my league for 5 years now.You have to have to set a higher standard for yourself,which sucks,being you have commish powers.

Before the 5 minute mark, you should have called him to tell him what you were trying to do...forget about that the site wouldn't allow you. Call him or other teams (if you cannot get him) and post it on your message board.

I am a commish as well and have given people passes over the years tool...but they always call me to do so. I have also NEVER taken a pass myself. You should have picked up the phone. As for your accepting a pass that you've give out to others, you cannot do this. As commish, you have to follow the rules to the T, not accept a bend in policy that you have chosen to give to others.

Personally, knowing you've let him slide, your brother should chill out.

My brother has retracted his accusations. He got confirmation from another owner that cbs sportline was screwy as well. He did rip on me for not calling..which I agree I should have done. Looks like we should be ok now.

And I will have to be more strict about the 5 min rule.