Sign in to follow this  
Nabb

Culpepper or Delhomme?

Its a standard performance scoring league. yds, td, etc.

I just made a trade (giving up good QB for good RB -details of which dont matter).

He has both Culpepper and Delhomme and I get to pick 1 of them.

This QB will be my #1 (sad but true).

So which QB should I take for the rest of season?

Thank you.

Its a standard performance scoring league. yds, td, etc.

I just made a trade (giving up good QB for good RB -details of which dont matter).

He has both Culpepper and Delhomme and I get to pick 1 of them.

This QB will be my #1 (sad but true).

So which QB should I take for the rest of season?

Thank you.

Personally, I prefer Delhomme. I realize he doesn't do as well with out Smith in the lineup, but I think his decision making is better than Culpepper. I've never been much of a fan of Fumblepepper going back to his days at Minnesota. He always finds a way to lose a game. Vikings went on a late season streak because he got hurt and Johnson played more efficient QB. The main reason Culpepper looks good on paper is because he had those huge 1500+ passing yard seasons. I don't think that is likely without a Moss type player. I think the Dolphins will eventually regret bringing him on (and Harrington isn't any better). I realize the Miami coach has seemed to get a lot out of his players so I might be wrong if he figures out what is wrong with Donte's brain. I just consider Jake the safer bet. Just my .02

The qb's winning and losing games doesn't matter. Them being clutch doesn't matter either. If that was the case you'd FOR SURE have to go with Delhomme. But, in this case you simply want yards and TD's. You should go with Culpepper for that reason only. He had a bad game, but I think he'll get it together and he's capable of putting up monster #'s this yr with McMichael, Chambers, Booker and Ronnie Brown. Their Offense is stacked and Delhomme has proved he can't do much without Steve Smith who seems to have a nagging hammy injury that could bother him all year. You're taking a chance with both these guys, but CPep has more upside imo.