[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hugh's Fantasy Insight 101 is now in session

Hugh 0ne

It's now the advice from Menudo thread. :D:D I had a feeling this was coming from you.

Edited by irish

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Hugh,

I was offered S. Jackson for C. Taylor and T. Jones. 10 yard scoring, no ppr

I'm afraid that's giving too much for Jackson, especially after he just lost his center, and it makes my team very reliant on the Rams who haven't scored a TD in the Linehan era yet.

my team:

QB: Bulger, Vick

WR: Holt, Moss, T. williamson, Mi. Clayton

RB: Portis, C. Taylor, T. Jones, C. Brown, L. White, Lundy

TE: T. Heap

D: Tampa Bay

I was also offered the Bears D for T. Jones, but decided to decline that and hope TB pulls it together.

I would pass on both offers. That is too much to give up for S. Jackson, as Chester Taylor might score close to Jackson himself, and Thomas Jones adds nice depth. I would also pass on the defense. Never trade a decent RB for a defense.

Hey, Hugh.

Which RB should I start alongside Edge: Ahman Green at home against New Orleans, or Willis McGahee on the road at Miami? I know McGahee seems like a no-brainer at first glance, but after the Pack traded Gado, it is unlikely the RB they got back from Houston will be useful this week, meaning Ahman gets all of the carries at home against a below average defense. And, McGahee faces a good defense on the road. Thanks!

Ahman Green

Hey Menudo if you're going to shell out advice go back and look at mine and let me know what you think.

Hi Hugh,

Thanks for the week one advice. I have a trade situation. How much should I give up to get R Bush. I need a good flex player. The other team has Bush, P Maning and little else of value. I am thinking of offering either: Mark Clayton, R. McMichael and D Rhodes for Bush. Or possibly Clayton, Moulds, and McMichael for bush. What do you think, am I giving up too much , should I keep Mcmichael out of the deal? Should I construct a completely different deal? I think Rhodes rols may lessen as the season wears on and Bush will get more opportunities as the season goes on. Your advice is appreciated.

His team:

Team QBs Colts, Redskins

RBs M Bennet, R Bush,M Pittman, D Staley, D Williams, S Gado

WRs D Bennett, S Holmes, C Jackson, S Moss, K Robinson, A Randle el

TEs L J Smith

PKs J Hall, A Vinatieri

Def Panthers

Keeper, Dynasty, or Re-draft ?

Alright Hugh, how about a bye-week QB dilemma for Week 5. (Yes, I was a dumb drafter who got Hasselbeck and Vick before noticing the same bye - doh!) Getting one now or early next week should allow the following options currently on the wire in my 12-team non-keeper league:

1) CSimms @ Saints

2) KCollins @ Colts

3) CFrye @ Panthers

Slim pickens fo sho, and I'm concerned that none of them will still be starting by week 5! Should I just stand pat for a couple weeks, or risk a guess now?

Well, I would stand pat, as most people don't jump on mid to lower tier QB's on the waiver wire. If you were going to act now, I would take Frye, as he is the safest to keep his job.

Hey hugh -

Thanks in advance -

Can't decide between Foster, Bush, and Rhodes to start alongside Taylor this week.

thoughts? And should Taylor even start with these 4 as options?

Chester Taylor or Fred Taylor ?

Is it a points per reception league ?

16 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)

Menudo, nhoops, Standale Connection, Hugh 0ne, SteveK23, CiminoUM5, 1stand10, Sugar Magnolia, malta69, lkollias, rew70

:D

Edited by Menudo

Hugh~ Me again....

Forgot about this issue on another league-

I got C Williams, Edge, Gore and Maroney -

I got Edge and Gore in now.

Cadilac did not look good last week - and injured

BUT Edge wasn't too impressive agains the 9'ers either.

Maroney is RBBC....

So Gore for sure and who else?

You've got it right, Gore & Edge...... don't out-think yourself on this one.

Need trade help!! My team and other info are in my sig.

I would give up Andre Johnson and Dunn for Larry Fitzgerald and Mike Bell (injured finger).

I was trying to get Fitzgerald and Reggie Bush but the other owner doesn't want to move Bush. Is trading for Fitzgerald worth the loss of Dunn? Is this a good deal for me?

My starting lineup could then consist of:

QB-Hasselbeck or Bledsoe

RB-LT and Gore or Droughns or Mike Bell

WR- Chad Johnson, Fitzgerald and Glenn or Coles

TE-Miller or Troupe

With your RB's I would make the deal. Gore is going to decent at worst, and you have Droughns & M. Bell for depth. This is an opportunity to get one of the best receiver in the NFL and stack your lineup. :D Do it !!!!

I was just offered TO and Randy Moss for LT, do you think I should take it. I already have Portis and Magahee, but my recievers aren't too good. What should I do?

I would pass on the trade. If you want to move LT, he should be worth a top-notch receiver and a decent RB coming back to you. You don't want to surrender depth at RB.

This week at WR I have:

Holt @ SF

Driver @ NO

Walker @ KC

Stallworth @ NYG

Evans @ MIA

I can start three and it seems to me that Holt and Driver are obvious. But should Stallworth be #3 or Walker? Before last week I had Walker slotted as #3.

Holt is a must start. Every week.

Driver against NO is worth a shot. It's probably one of the only weeks he's a good start.

Plummer blows. Bench Walker.

I like Lee Evans in general, but with 2 catches last week, compared to Stallworth going nuts, and both having similar matchups, I start the hot hand, go with Stallworth.

WDIS?

Roy Williams vs Chicago

or

Lee Evans vs Miami

Roy Williams - Id like to think I should start him as he has HUGH potential, but will it ever be reached with this team?

Lee Evans - Last year he torched the fish in the 1st quarter, but then disappeared.

PPR league, standard scoring...

Which is the better start?

Never, ever, ever start Lions offensive players. Especially against the Bears. Or anyone else for that matter.

Whatever Menudumb tells you, do the opposite. Get your own thread momo. :D

Well thought out response. Great insight. Excellent work. Nice research and analysis. :brew:

:woot: No, yo don't take yourself too seriously around here............. :lol:

I'll leave you alone now................ :lol:

Oh, and Terry Glenn because I think he will score more points.

Edited by Menudo

I need to start 2 of 3 QBs, who do you take?

David Carr @ Indy

Brett Favre vs. NO

Alex Smith vs. STL

The other issues I'm having:

Start Nate Burleson vs. Zona (other options include Mark Clayton and David Givens)?

Start Randy McMichael vs. BUF or Vernon Davis vs. STL?

Bench Wali Lundy, put McAllister in his starting spot (McAllister had been one of my flex) and put a WR or TE in at flex?

Any reason for me to play Norwood this week?

Thanks for the advice!!

That's ugly. Favre's worth a shot this week against a weak New Orleans. Then play the matchup, Alex Smith. Besides, he threw 40 passes last week, and you should expect more of the same since they'll likely be down early against the Rams.

No reason to play Norwood. He's on the short side of a RBBC.

Not sure how much Branch will affect Burleson's #'s, but it's a concern. That would theoretically make him the #4 WR, depending on where you rank Engram. I'd start Givens this week instead.

I think McMichael's value is very low right now. The offensive scheme does not use TE's in the passing game very often, and as good as McMichael is, if they don't throw him the ball, he can't do anything. Mularkey will kill McMichael's value. Start Davis. Good matchup for Davis too.

Good luck.

:lol: No, yo don't take yourself too seriously around here............. :lol:

I'll leave you alone now................ :D

Oh, and Terry Glenn because I think he will score more points.

Disapointing. Thought I'd get more of a reaction. Was just busting your balls. I do wonder why you're following me around lately though. :D

F'ing stalker.

Disapointing. Thought I'd get more of a reaction. Was just busting your balls. I do wonder why you're following me around lately though. :D

F'ing stalker.

...also, a suggestion, just give the answer instad of all your boring insight. You're not that important, and no one wants to hear your long-winded reasons, when the only thing you should be answering is who will score more points.