[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

michael robinson

MERLINS

Any one know if Michael Robinson (RB-SF) has any value this season. My thought is that Gore will get hurt this year, but I read that Hicks is the backup with Robinson #3. I have heard that SF loves the prospect of Robinson but what does anyone else see or hear???

Any SF Homers have any insight?

Thanks.

Any one know if Michael Robinson (RB-SF) has any value this season. My thought is that Gore will get hurt this year, but I read that Hicks is the backup with Robinson #3. I have heard that SF loves the prospect of Robinson but what does anyone else see or hear???

Any SF Homers have any insight?

Thanks.

No value right now. If Gore goes down, Hicks is first off the bench. That may change as the season progresses, as Robinson had a strong camp and decent preseason. But of the two, Hicks is the only one with any significant regular season NFL experience right now.

I agree...Gore's the man, but he's got bionic knees. Never know when he's going to get a flat. But Hicks is the clear #2, and Robinson is very raw and on a bad team.

Do you think Hicks can put up numbers in that offense if he's called upon, or is this just a case of Gore being one of those special talents that can make things happen without a lot of help?

Do you think Hicks can put up numbers in that offense if he's called upon, or is this just a case of Gore being one of those special talents that can make things happen without a lot of help?

The point here is if Gore goes down, and I REALLY hope I don't have to worry about that, I don't think any RB in SF would be worth starting and maybe not even worth owning.

No value right now. If Gore goes down, Hicks is first off the bench. That may change as the season progresses, as Robinson had a strong camp and decent preseason. But of the two, Hicks is the only one with any significant regular season NFL experience right now.

I do like the fact that he is sitting on my DTS, and can stay there two more seasons after this season, with no cap implications.

I recently read a quote from Nolan that made the #2 RB spot sound like it's VERY much in play, should Gore go down. Sorry, too lazy to find the link, but I definitely would not christen Hicks as the solid #2 folks here have said he is. I suspect Nolan thinks Robinson is his #2, but for the time being, simply doesn't want to get Hicks all sexyed up. Who drafted Hicks? Who drafted Robinson? that often has a big influence on things....

From what I've seen and read, Robinson is the more 'trusted' guy and should be the number 2. Hicks has a history of fumbles, and Robinson seems like a great ball carrier that likes to give a hit while he's carrying the ball, instead of a slasher type like Hicks. Robinson impressed Nolar enough in training camp to trade Barlow.

Hicks has a history of fumbles, and Robinson seems like a great ball carrier that likes to give a hit while he's carrying the ball, instead of a slasher type like Hicks. Robinson impressed Nolar enough in training camp to trade Barlow.

Hicks has lost a grand total of 3 fumbles in his career 155 regular season carries, 29 receptions, and 71 kick off returns. So I'm not sure it's fair to say he has a history of fumbles... at least, not during his 5 year NFL career. Though, he is a slasher who - just under 200 lbs - is not a bruising back.

Interestingly, other than Gore, only Robinson took a snap in Week 1. Though, he only went -2 yards with it.

Both Robinson and Hicks averaged over 6 ypc this preseason.