Sign in to follow this  
Rocko5960

Possible Warner Trade ? Need advice form the Vets

I have been approached for a possible trade on Kurt Warner and I'm wondering what the FFL Vets think. I have taken the advice from you guys and have done very well, so here goes:

I Play in Scoring and yardage based league, we start 1 QB, 3 RB, 3 WR(Tight end included), 1 PK & 1 def

Here is my team

QB - Warner, Delhomme

RB - Tomlinson, R. Brown, F. Gore, M. Bell, J. Jones

WR - Owens, Jennnings,Gates,Shockey,Branch ( Paid the price for going RB 3 consecutive rounds )

Now here is the guy's team who wants Warner:

QB - Brady

RB - T. Bell, W. Parker, C. Dillon, R. Busch, M. Turner, Westbrook, Buckhalter, C. Cobb

WR - Fitzgerald, A. Bryant, D. Jackson, J. Galloway

He considers the following as no trades - Fitzgerald, Busch, Parker

I looked over the free agent pool and see that the following QB's are available:

Mcnair

Rothlesberger

Brees

Lienart - Would that be bad karma if I grab him ?

Bledsoe

Frye

Pennington

I think I could live with one of these QB till Delhomme gets on track.

What do you think ? Any combo you see that I should go for ? Or just stand pat. I did win my first game.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated !

Well what has he offered, you said he approached you. Need more details.

Sorry he has offered me to make a combination of any 2 players excluding the one he deems not tradeable -

Fitzgerald, R. Busch, W. Parker

Tachamp : Look Delhomme may struggle all year if S Smith can not play. We know the offensive line is beat up. Carolina could have a down year,

The other Qbs have to many ? marks Stay with Warner and pick up lienert just in case Warner goes down

Lienert looks like C Palmer did His first year.

This is Tachamp out . O :D h good luck

Rocko 5960

Your team is solid. I tell you what I am thinking about doing. My reciever group is needing a

third good Wr My guys are L Fitzgreald C Chamber Gates Moulds and Colston. Something like yours

I Think I can trade Colston for Roy Williams if William has one more bad game. Its possible that he will, after next week R Williams will have a break out. I think I can make the sale. You may want to do the same with Gates on your team. This is why Rivers will be throwing very little this year and LT will be running all year and alot. limiting Gates receptions. what do you think!

Tachamp

First of all, no matter what happens you should pick up Lienert before this weekend...especially before this weekend since Seattle has a huge pass rush and Warner could go down at any time.

Secondly... the ONLY guy I'd want on his team if I were you is Fitzgerald. You're team, particularly your backfield, is awesome... none of those other guys is going to help you as much as Warner/Lienert. Jackson is too iffy... Bryant is no sure thing... and Galloway is a year too old.

I'd make a strong push for Fitz.... Good luck.

Tachamp: I like Gates alot but Rivers has me spoked. I know that they will get around to letting him throw

but last we what just a handful of passes. Gate got only a few looks. What value Gates has is still going to help in a trade. Some one in your league loves and is needing a good TE so trade for a upper tier wr. Scan throught their rosters and see what nugget of gold you can find.

Out the tachamp

By eleminating those 3 players, he is offering you nothing but garbage and ?s. Tell him to put up or shut up.

I agree with Muggsy... but as I said earlier, the only one of those three you should be thinking about is Fitzgerald... your backfield is sick... what are you going to do with parker or busch, put them on your bench?

Go after Fitzgerald... you've got the merchandise to put together a package... and if he isn't interested look somewhere else... or stay pat... some times the best trades are the ones you don't make.

Basically he's telling you, "pick from trash players" . Thats BS IMO. With what he has left to offer, nothing would equal Warner's Value at this time. You might consider picking up McNair also. I have them both.

Thanks fellas for the input ! As usual great advice, that's why I love posting my questions in here !

Ok so I'm going to pick up Leinart, stay put and do no deal as he is not willing to part with any of his so called no touch players.

I'll look around to see if anyone would like Gates for a decent WR. Thanks again !