[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Another trade offer just came in...

irish

All my team info and scoring are in my sig. I would be giving up Hasselbeck, Warrick Dunn, Norwood and A Johnson. I would be getting back Peyton Manning, J Jones , Marion Barber and Burress.

I would be getting an uptick in QB but downgrading at RB and WR. However, I feel overall I would be making my team better and more competitive.

Please help with your insightful input. Thanks!!

All my team info and scoring are in my sig. I would be giving up Hasselbeck, Warrick Dunn, Norwood and A Johnson. I would be getting back Peyton Manning, J Jones , Marion Barber and Burress.

I would be getting an uptick in QB but downgrading at RB and WR. However, I feel overall I would be making my team better and more competitive.

Please help with your insightful input. Thanks!!

I actually think u r gettin an upgrade at WR , do this trade now before he changes his mind!!!

Wow I guess I was a little off in how I viewed these players. I new I was getting an upgrade at QB but I thought Andre was the better WR and I thought for sure the combo of Dunn/Norwood is much better than JJones /Barber. Do you guys think this trade is completely unfair or that I am getting the slightly better end of the deal?

If he countered with giving me Manning, J.Jones, Barber and Muhammed or J Walker for Hasselbeck, Dunn/Norwood and Andre would you stilll do it?

Edited by irish

Wow I guess I was a little off in how I viewed these players. I new I was getting an upgrade at QB but I thought Andre was the better WR and I thought for sure the combo of Dunn/Norwood is much better than JJones /Barber. Do you guys think this trade is completely unfair or that I am getting the slightly better end of the deal?

If he countered with giving me Manning, J.Jones, Barber and Muhammed or J Walker for Hasselbeck, Dunn/Norwood and Andre would you stilll do it?

I haven't been in many 12 team leagues where Dunn has been an every week starter for his owner throughout the entire season, and I've been in a LOT of 12 team leagues. Dunn is a yardage guy. He always has been and he always will be. I think Norwood is cut from the same cloth. That's nice to have as a RB3 or flex player, but when it comes to your starters, you need guys that will score. Jones and Barber will score, and right now, it seems like Parcells as settled on Jones as his primary back.

I don't like Johnson at all. Mabye he'll prove me wrong this season, but I doubt it. Burress is the real deal, but the trick, as with Randy Moss, is that you have to keep him involved. I don't think Eli will have a problem doing that this season since the Giants have a pretty tough schedule.

Now subbing Muhammad for Buresss takes a lot of steam out of the deal for me. I'm not sure I would do it at that point. Subbing Walker for Burress might still be enough for me to get it done, but then I'm a bigger Walker fan than most.

So Tomfin you think the original deal is overly one-sided favoring me. If he puts in Muhammy it's more even and he might even get the better. If he puts in Walker I still come out slightly on top. Yes? But you would still do anyone of them and just have a different degree of satisfaction as the WR level drops off.

push for buress , take it with walker, pass on muhammed

That's what I was thinking. However, I don't want it too one-sided as I'm the Commish in the league and don't want people to think I'm pulling bogus deals. However, I still want to better my team.

So Tomfin you think the original deal is overly one-sided favoring me. If he puts in Muhammy it's more even and he might even get the better. If he puts in Walker I still come out slightly on top. Yes? But you would still do anyone of them and just have a different degree of satisfaction as the WR level drops off.

Kingslyjr summed it up nicely and I agree with him 100%.

Don't worry, it's not THAT one sided. In fact at this point, who knows who will actually end up winning that trade? All eight of the players involved are good players. I just think the set you're getting will be a little more reliable overall when the chips are down.

That's what I was thinking. However, I don't want it too one-sided as I'm the Commish in the league and don't want people to think I'm pulling bogus deals. However, I still want to better my team.

That's what I hated about being commissioner. I was always more worried about the well being of the league in general than I was my own team and I made a few bad calls when it came to managing my roster because of it.

That's what I hated about being commissioner. I was always more worried about the well being of the league in general than I was my own team and I made a few bad calls when it came to managing my roster because of it.

I know it sucks I feel that some owners in the league might think because I'm getting Manning that I pulled the wool over this guy's and screwed him over. What they won't realize is that Hasselbeck is a great QB and that the deal is truly pretty even, at least I think.

By the way the other owner also mentioned that he might want to swap TEs I'd get Winslow and give up Miller.

Hey guys I just wanted to say thanks for all your input as it was greatly appreciated as I couldn't have asked for a better response to my question than I got. The responses were insightful and I felt better about the deals after reading your thoughts.

Grits is such a dickface!! Looks like I have to go back to busting his chops as he hasn't stopped busting mine. Game on!!!

2shay

You better believe it, he's been nothing but a jerk to me since I got here. It's alright, I'm a grown man and I'll take care of my business.

hey while you guys are reading let me know what you think of this trade above.

I'd make the original trade. I am also the commissioner of my league and would also try to be fair with my deals. After a few years of explaining my decisions on trades not involving me to my league i got my league to look at trades strictly on the players and not on what place a team is in, etc. Basicly i got them to see that there is always going to be a team that is going to get the better half of the deal. But as long as the trade is not grossly lopsided or the there isn't colusion then all trades should go through.

A little long winded but the point is make the trade and don't worry.