[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Players to Trade for.....Players to Trade Away

cliaz

Players to Trade For

Larry Johnson

Week 2 Stats

27 rushing attempts 126 yards 0 touchdowns

5 receptions 41 yards 0 touchdowns

Before the season started I caught a lot of flack about picking Johnson has a bust and all the Johnson owners on this board left flaming bags of poo on my front porch or just out right egged my house. But I had explained to them that by bust I mean he isn’t going to rack up 20+ touchdowns and 2000 yards of total offense. At his current rate Johnson looks to pull in 2520 total yards of offense so on one part I am a bust thus far. But the touchdown area is a growing concern for many owners who now face a bye week. Many of these owner may be 0-2 at this point (in auction leagues spending as much as 70% of their cap to secure LJ and not leaving many clams left to build a solid team.) and would be willing to part with him for the right player combination. If you have one of those owners on your league you may be able to pry him off of this team. The specter of going 0-3 does not sit well with a lot of owners.

Jeremy Shocky

Week 2 Stats

2 receptions 17 yards

This is the perfect time to make a move on Shockey. Week one he had 59 yards and a touchdown but in week 2 he only managed 17 yards in what turned out to be an offensive explosion from the Giants. Now he has a swollen right ankle. The current owner may be open to trading him off with the news of his ankle. We all know full well that Shockey will see plenty of balls thrown his way and if the current owner is sitting at 0-2 or 1-1 he may part with him for less than he is worth. Make a move if you are in a TE require league and need help in that position.

Steve Smith

Week 2 Stats

There is no time table for the return of Steve Smith but lets face it, he was drafted high in may leagues and those teams could be suffering right now. If you have room on your bench and have a position that you can spare from then it might be in your best interest to try and get him on your team. When he returns he is money. Though hamstrings are a tough injury for a Wr to have there is little doubt that when healthy Steve Smith will put points on the board.

Players You Want To Trade Away

Jamal Lewis

Week 2 Stats

19 Rushing Attempts for 70 yards

If you have a solid back field it may be time to take the 70 yards (148 total, 1 TD, 1 Fumble) he gave you this week and shop him around. There are bound to be teams that are hurting for back field players and may be stacked in the wide out department. At his current pace he is on track to bring in 1184 yards with 8 touchdowns and that is even if he makes it the whole year (which I think he will.) With Musa smith spelling him on some 3rd downs Lewis looks to bring more heart ache than he is worth.

Randy Moss (and any skill position from the Raiders)

Week 2 Stats

2 Receptions 32 yards

Drop him or try to trade him for Matt Stover

Rex Grossman

Week 2 Stats

20 – 27 completions 4 touchdowns

Never trust a man named Rex my father always said. Well he didn’t really but you should heed that advice. Rex may be lighting up the midway but look at who he has played against…Green Bay and the Lions. Here are some reason why you need to trade him now while his value is at it’s highest:

1. He has a great D which means they will not risk putting the ball up in the air all the time. He is no Peyton.

2. Even a broken clock is right twice a day. The two teams he has played against have very suspect Ds.

3. Some of the defenses he will be facing this season are: Bills, Dolphins, Patriots, Buccs, Giants, Seahawks and the Vikings.

If you are into taking gambles and risks then risk use his high value this week and trade him away to plug up a hole in your team.

Edited by cliaz

I think I may still want to stay away from Smith. I don't think most will be willing to part with him at a good value for the non-Smith owner.

I'm not ready to give up on Moss this season, but it'd be a lie to say that I am concerned and would be willing to trade him away for the right fair value.

Edited by TDFFFreak

Players to Trade For

Larry Johnson

Week 2 Stats

Before the season started I caught a lot of flack about picking Johnson has a bust and all the Johnson owners on this board left flaming bags of poo on my front porch or just out right egged my house. But I had explained to them that by bust I mean he isn’t going to rack up 20+ touchdowns and 2000 yards of total offense. At his current rate Johnson looks to pull in 2520 total yards of offense so on one part I am a bust thus far. But the touchdown area is a growing concern for many owners who now face a bye week. Many of these owner may be 0-2 at this point (in auction leagues spending as much as 70% of their cap to secure LJ and not leaving many clams left to build a solid team.) and would be willing to part with him for the right player combination. If you have one of those owners on your league you may be able to pry him off of this team. The specter of going 0-3 does not sit well with a lot of owners.

I think the Trent Green injury had a little bit to do with this, at least last week's debacle. The guy did rush for 120+ and caught a good number of balls. I think it's a little bit early to go patting yourself on the back about calling this guy a "bust".

Randy Moss (and any skill position from the Raiders)

Week 2 Stats

2 Receptions 32 yards

Drop him or try to trade him for Matt Stover

I hope you're joking.

I think the Trent Green injury had a little bit to do with this, at least last week's debacle. The guy did rush for 120+ and caught a good number of balls. I think it's a little bit early to go patting yourself on the back about calling this guy a "bust".

:D re-read what I said, I'm not patting myself on the back or stating that he is a bust.

Edited by cliaz

Interesting that you mentioned Larry Johnson. I was offered my choice of Bush and Ronnie Brown or DeAngelo Williams and Brown for LJ.

Even though the TD's have not come yet and will probably not come like last season, his yardage totals make him a solid play. I am not moving him.

I think you guys are missing the point,... The point of this posting is totally from a strategical POV. Buy low-Sell high perspective and I think your picks are right on. Two objections... Anyone with a brain will realize that Jamal is going to benefit from a short field all year long and and McNair + Mason will keep defenses honest opening the room that Jamal needs to put up (out on a limb) career numbers in 06. I also think Shockey might still hold enough value that any owner that has lost significant confidence in him probably knows the interior of the "short bus" pretty well.

Edited by DemonKnight

Players to Trade For

Larry Johnson

Many of these owner may be 0-2 at this point (in auction leagues spending as much as 70% of their cap to secure LJ and not leaving many clams left to build a solid team.)

Absolutely incorrect here. I got LJ late in a keeper last year, so my team is solid because I also have... um...uh...

Lamont Jordan.

dang.

:D

Thanks - this is a good idea for a column in my opinion.

The LJ owner on my league is in LAST and is offering him to me for Rudi and Bush. I simply cannot do it though. RBs are just too thin.

Smith scares me a bit, but I agree you might be able to pull value for him.

Other guys I would target right now:

DeAngelo - stud in the making - Carolina still loves to run, tons of talent - unfortunately a decent week 2 is going to make him tough to trade for - still though, I think he's worth a guy like Andre Johnson, or along those same lines.

Maroney - getting better and better, pay less now than you will later

M. Barber - still very cheap, getting more involved, nose for the endzone

Glenn - often underated - TO situation will keep him heavily involved

Jacobs - a decent play in the flex most weeks anyway, and seems to be finding his groove in this high powered offense - a less impressive week 2 statistically might let you get him cheap

I like the idea of trying to trade for Smith or L.J., but at the high price they went for in drafts I doubt many owners of either are willing to sell yet. But it would definitely we worth a try.

None of the Raiders can probably be dealt for any value either. If you have Raiders on your team you might as well hang on past the bye week, and pray for an offensive outburst in the next game, then try to unload.

I would love to trade for Maroney in the leagues I don't own him. Not holding my breath though. If you are going after Maroney I would suggest you push hard right now.

Players to Trade For

Larry Johnson

Week 2 Stats

Before the season started I caught a lot of flack about picking Johnson has a bust and all the Johnson owners on this board left flaming bags of poo on my front porch or just out right egged my house.

Not me. I left the poo outside of LT's house and dropped your wallet on the driveway. :D

I figured strugles but thought they would get it together come playoff time.

Note for those who don't trade much:

Q: Exclusive of injury situations, how many consecutive lack-luster performances are required before a player can be had on the cheap?

A1: If you're in a league that uses a draft ... AND ... the other owners are relatively seasoned FFers, players picked in the first two rounds need four consecutive poor performances before they can be had cheaply. Players picked in rounds 3-5 need at least two, and maybe three consecutive poor performances. Players drafted rounds 6-10 need two poor performances. Players after round 11 can be traded at any time after a poor performance. ALSO, if a 'deep sleeper' has a big week, it will take twice the number of good weeks to be consecutive poor performances before he can be traded (i.e., two big weeks takes him off the market until he posts four consecutive poor performances).

A2: If a player is picked in an auction, it takes four poor weeks for any player costing more than 20% of cap, three weeks for anyone between 10-20% of cap, two weeks for anyone from 5-10% of cap, and one week for anyone costing less than 5% of cap.

...therefore...

If you're trying to get Randy Moss on the cheap, you'll prolly have to wait for two more poor performing weeks before you can get him REAL cheap.

Edited by muck

Q: Exclusive of injury situations, how many consecutive lack-luster performances are required before a player can be had on the cheap?

A1: If you're in a league that uses a draft ... AND ... the other owners are relatively seasoned FFers, players picked in the first two rounds need four consecutive poor performances before they can be had cheaply. Players picked in rounds 3-5 need at least two, and maybe three consecutive poor performances. Players drafted rounds 6-10 need two poor performances. Players after round 11 can be traded at any time after a poor performance. ALSO, if a 'deep sleeper' has a big week, it will take twice the number of good weeks to be consecutive poor performances before he can be traded (i.e., two big weeks takes him off the market until he posts four consecutive poor performances).

A2: If a player is picked in an auction, it takes four poor weeks for any player costing more than 20% of cap, three weeks for anyone between 10-20% of cap, two weeks for anyone from 5-10% of cap, and one week for anyone costing less than 5% of cap.

...therefore...

If you're trying to get Randy Moss on the cheap, you'll prolly have to wait for two more poor performing weeks before you can get him REAL cheap.

:D:D:lol::lol::brew::woot::brow:

Without reading all the replies, my two cents...

LJ - The owner who drafted LJ will hold on hoping for the TD gold mine. LJ won't be cheap, and you'll lose in this one. The QB situation will make the RB slot a big ?. Stand pat if you did drafted him, but you'll give up too much to get him.

J.Lewis - Time to trade for Lewis. The Ravens haven't needed anything else from the O but to move the chains and put something up. This will change when they meet a good O and Lewis will produce when that happens.

TO - Broken finger on the left hand... one bye, and few screws and one off. TO is money. Anyone who has ever worked for a power mogul like J.Jones will know that he wants TO to produce. Targets mean a lot, and he should be good to go in two weeks (I have him... I'm biased).

Trade away list -

R.Brown - The fins suck.

Portis - He'll be hurtin' all year. The skins are 0-2 and need to win the next two to get even... think that's gonna happen?

R. Moss - The Raiders suck and everyone knows it. He'll have a few good games, but not many. Big names bring good trades... roll the dice now.

L. Jordan - The Raiders suck, and you may get lucky.

D. McNabb - This can't last.

K. Warner - aint gonna last all season.

S.Smith - There's still a doubt... use it now while you can.

Trade for -

E.Manning - What a stud. That game this week was awesome.

M.Vick - Just win baby... his rushing yards will make up for the lack of passing yards.

S.Jackson - Can't beat the 49ers? ...he's still the man and healthy.

Branch - Zero so far, you could win big with this one. Two good WR's make each more valuable.

Trade away list -

R.Brown - The fins suck.

Portis - He'll be hurtin' all year. The skins are 0-2 and need to win the next two to get even... think that's gonna happen?

R. Moss - The Raiders suck and everyone knows it. He'll have a few good games, but not many. Big names bring good trades... roll the dice now.

L. Jordan - The Raiders suck, and you may get lucky.

D. McNabb - This can't last.

K. Warner - aint gonna last all season.

S.Smith - There's still a doubt... use it now while you can.

Trade for -

E.Manning - What a stud. That game this week was awesome.

M.Vick - Just win baby... his rushing yards will make up for the lack of passing yards.

S.Jackson - Can't beat the 49ers? ...he's still the man and healthy.

Branch - Zero so far, you could win big with this one. Two good WR's make each more valuable.

The problem with some on your list is that I am trying to show buy low sell high. You are not going to get much for Jordan, Moss and you will pay too high for Eli, Vick, Branch.

The problem with some on your list is that I am trying to show buy low sell high. You are not going to get much for Jordan, Moss and you will pay too high for Eli, Vick, Branch.

Not sure I agree. It's easy to have two good QB's on the same team. If the Eli owner has a solid #2 QB and no RB's (drafted Portis too?), then Jordan might be part of a decent 2 for 2 trade. Big names are easier to deal, and while R.Moss hasn't done much yet, if he was on your team you'd still start him.

I wouldn't trade for Larry Johnson. That offense is on its way down, with or without Trent.

...yet he's still racking up the yards. TDs are bound to come, although nothing like last year (and I enjoyed lol-ing at anyone thinking otherwise, esp after Roaf retired).

Not sure I'd trade for Shockey's perpetually-injured ass either.
:D I got him at a fair price in our auction but hesitated because of his tendency to get dinged. Shoulda known better.

...therefore...

I'd say that's a good rule of thumb muck, nice post.

Nice weekly thread!

I just traded away R. Moss and got Lienart to back up Warner and Desmond Clark. I still have Bolden, Reggie Williams and wayne.

Last week traded Plummer for Fred Taylor. :D

wow. sorry to play monday morning QB, but even with moss' value very low, you got hosed on this trade regardless of who you have left at WR, IMO. you could have gotten much more based on moss' name value/potential alone. as it is, you got a "handcuff" qb who may or may not contribute this year and a hit-or-miss TE in a running offense (detroit game aside).