[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

David Givens

Savage Beatings

Before the start of the disastrous season for Tennessee, David Givens was the 33rd ranked WR. After 2 weeks of puke, it looks like he probably shouldn't be on any but the deepest of rosters.

Is there anything redeeming about him? Is he worth holding as a #4 or #5 WR, or should he just be cut outright at this point? Thoughts?

I'm starting him this week out of necessity because it looks like Coles is going to be a GTD.

But I'm optimistic that Givens will have an acceptable, if not productive, day against Miami. Jeff Fisher will make the necessary adjustments to generate some offense. Even if he has to "dumb down" the offense to a series of 5 yard hooks and slant patterns, I think Givens will get his share of touches this week. Who knows, maybe he'll break a tackle and pick up some yardage. I'll say 7 catches, 75 yards and a TD.

I'm starting him this week out of necessity because it looks like Coles is going to be a GTD.

But I'm optimistic that Givens will have an acceptable, if not productive, day against Miami. Jeff Fisher will make the necessary adjustments to generate some offense. Even if he has to "dumb down" the offense to a series of 5 yard hooks and slant patterns, I think Givens will get his share of touches this week. Who knows, maybe he'll break a tackle and pick up some yardage. I'll say 7 catches, 75 yards and a TD.

I may be in the same boat as Vet. Depending on Coles, I may need to play Givens. If that's the case, hoping he can turn in a decent game.

As for his potential in 06, he might be mud for a while, but Tennessee is always going to be down this year and whomever is playing QB has to throw to someone. I have seen lesser WRs end up with half-ass decent numbers in spite of or perhaps because they play on a struggling team. Garbage time stats count the same in FF.