[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tiki Owners...What Am I Missing Here?

SpinalTapp

He might be worried about Tiki losing TDs to Jacobs as Jacobs has been running pretty hard and looking pretty good whenever he gets an opportunity...but other than that, I'm not sure why he would want to trade him.

I'd take the trade...but I think Portis will do fine this year as well.

He's probably worried because he bruised his forearm and B. Jacobs looks really good early in the season. I don't know, I probably would still want Barber over Portis (especially in a ppr league) because I'm skeptical that Portis' shoulder will hold up the full season. Wash has Duckett and Betts to take carries as well.

Tiki did have x-rays on his arm that came back negative.

unfortunately, we do not count PPRs. other thoughts? would you deal Portis for Barber straight up? Is it a no-brainer?

I had Tiki last year and he helped me win a championship. He'll get you some nice receiving yards that Porits won't and will likely break a few TD's in the passing game here and there. The Giants' offense will be much more productive than Washington's this year, IMO, and should give Tiki plenty of touches. From what I've seen from Washington this year, I'd make this move quickly before the dude changes his mind.

Edited by TC_Ute

The guy is thinking that portis is 100% healthy, and will be heavilly used since the redskins have done squat w/o him being in the backfield full time. And, Tiki is going to lose all goal line touches. I would stick with Tiki myself, but I don't think the guy is that crazy, all depends on how you think things will work out for either back.

The guy is thinking that portis is 100% healthy, and will be heavilly used since the redskins have done squat w/o him being in the backfield full time. And, Tiki is going to lose all goal line touches. I would stick with Tiki myself, but I don't think the guy is that crazy, all depends on how you think things will work out for either back.

I agree with everything stated here.

+1

Well, in a non-PPR league, you actually give the edge to Portis, as many pre-injury ranks had him ahead of Tikie this offseason.

He wants to trade you Tiki for 2 reasons: Jacobs & Tiki just hurt his arm near the break from a few years ago. Jacobs will spell him more often this year and has looked very good.

I'd not do the trade and hang onto Portis. More TD's, prolly close to the same yardage, but even if he's short his TD totals should make him the "player that scores the most points" from Week 3 forward.