[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Plax....

Flip_Side

Anyword on why he was benched this weekend, besides the obvious reasons of him dropping balls and fumbling. Did Coughlin say it was just because of his attitude? I hope this doesn't effect his playing time..

Edited by Flip_Side

http://www.giants.com/news/eisen/story.asp?story_id=19177

Coughlin reiterated that Plaxico Burress did not play in the second half because of back problems and not because he fumbled or failed to hold a pass that was intercepted.

“Plaxico, as I mentioned yesterday, injured his back against Philadelphia,” Coughlin said. “(He) injured his back in practice on Wednesday, spent Thursday and Friday trying to recover, went into the game and because of the injury – it’s all related – was ineffective in his play and that’s why he came out.”

Was he listed on the injury report cause I don't remember seeing anything.

Nope. He had back spasms during the week, but it obviously wasn't serious enough to merit listing on the injury report. I agree with MrTed's assesment. Coughlin was making a statement on the field and is now trying to keep the rest of it in the locker room. If you read the quote carefully, you realize he sidestepped the actual question.

“Plaxico, as I mentioned yesterday, injured his back against Philadelphia,” Coughlin said. “(He) injured his back in practice on Wednesday, spent Thursday and Friday trying to recover, went into the game and because of the injury – it’s all related – was ineffective in his play and that’s why he came out.

I think this part speaks loudest. I think alluding to the back problem was simply a way to deflect attention from the real reason he was benched.

The Giants had a BRUTAL opening 3 games... From Indy to Philly to Seattle on the road. I pretty much figured they'd be 1-2 at this point, not sure how. They're lucky to be 1-2, with a few breaks vs Indy they could be 2-1. They're still a solid offensive football team with a mistake prone young QB at the helm. They have mediocre corners at best, which is usually good from a fantasy perspective (good offense, mediocre D means fantasy points) Their schedule doesn't get a whole lot easier, but from a fantasy perspective, after a week off, most of the regulars will still be solid plays. From a 'season' perspective, they need to string some W's together quickly or they got big problems, but doesn't equate much to FF imo.

I havnt done research and this is based off the top of my head but another thing to consider about Plax is that he starts off the year strong then dies near the end of the season.

Also, Couglin is a coach that doesn't mess around so if the Giants (not just Plax) doesn't change in attitude there are going to be major consequences to both the team and FF.

I have one word for you: Ray Handley. This team will be fine. Winning cures all ills.

100% right - Winning solves everything

Although the Giants are close to falling apart I don't think they will.

I was listening to a sports talk show on the radio on Monday and a few of the fans were very disappointed in the way the Giants are acting on and off the field. For example, one fan mentioned how he dislikes Strahan laughing and making jokes with the O Line (opposing team) inbetween plays. He stated that they shouldn't be making jokes rather get fired up to go kill the QB.

But NY Fans are vicious and have short memories :D