[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ready to move SJax

Cyclones

1-6-ARI6 (9:43) S.Jackson right end to ARZ 10 for -4 yards (G.Hayes).

1-6-ARI6 (12:20) S.Jackson right tackle to ARZ 8 for -2 yards (A.Wilson, C.Okeafor).

1-2-SF2 (3:00) S.Jackson right guard to SF 3 for -1 yards (I.Sopoaga).

3 Plays inside the 6 this year and Jackson has been stuffed 3 times by bad run defenses. Add to that a 3 yard TD pass to Holt, and a 9 yard TD pass to Holt and I just don't have confidence that SJax can score more than 8 TDs this year. I traded him straight up for TBell (I have M.Bell on my roster now.) With Portis back, I can mix in KJones or Maroney during byes or injuries. Could break me, I am 2-1 right now and lead my league in scoring. We'll see what happens I guess. SJax has been solid, but I think solid is his ceiling. TBell could be dynamic this year. Proceed with taunting if you think this was a terrible move.

Edited by Cyclones

Im hatin it to bro! I dont know what to tell ya...you in a keeper league? I am and he was my first pick.

No, a redraft. But St. Louis has played two really bad teams and SJax tallied 12 and 11 points in the two games. TBell has had 2 100 games despite getting only 50% of the carries in one of those games. SJax was my first pick (1.7) but a buddy of mine drafted for me. Getting Portis around the corner was huge. I was never high on SJax, and having he and Holt for the whole season would have given me an ulcer.

You grow tired of his 20+ touches per game and want to trade him for a guy that could be benched on the whim of Shanahan or has a history of injuries?

What are ya gonna do? The league I am in is usually won or lost off of a risky trade. I'm taking a shot. Its not like feature backs under Shanny have a history of being bad. Even Olandis Gary was a top 10 back when he played. And with J Walker and Plummer heating up in the last game, Tatum should have some room to run.

Well, I'll buck the trend and tell you that I like that deal. I had SJax last year and believe me, those carries for negative yards are nothing new. The guy is a beast once he gets into the open field, but he lacks either the speed or the vision to hit the hole as quickly as he should.

Tatum Bell will be fine. The only way he's going to lose his new job as the featured back is if he gets injured and the same thing could be said of most starting RBs in the league. Also, like you said, you've got Jones to plug in and two future stas in Williams and Maroney.

I think it was a good trade.