[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Stuart Scott

samboy

i remember that he got smacked with a football at training camp and his "lazy" eye is the result (after emergency surgery).

I thought he got hit with a football a few years ago, at the Jets training camp, and it jacked his eye up... seriously.

:D

do your research man. f'real. he got hit with a stray pass from an NY Jet. I've even heard the rumor that one is glass. <<<that's just a rumor though.

BOOOOOYAH!

Oh, yeah....that's the one stat EVERY football fan should know. :D

do your research man. f'real. he got hit with a stray pass from an NY Jet. I've even heard the rumor that one is glass. <<<that's just a rumor though.

BOOOOOYAH!

And how about you do yours as well. :D

I haven't looked at Stuart Scott the same since he nearly lost an eye because of his belief he was good enough to make an NFL squad as a receiver.

A Q&A with Scott from a few year's ago:

Q. Back in the spring, you sustained a severe eye injury while filming a story about football minicamps with the Jets. Tell us what happened.

I had gotten in shape and (Jets coach) Herman Edwards gave me permission to go to minicamp with them. I was doing a feature for ESPN on what it's like to be in minicamp. But I was serious about it.

The day I was there, there were eight wideouts and the wide receiver coach said I was rated number six. I didn't have any delusions of grandeur. I was hoping I'd be good enough to be a scrub wide receiver or a practice wide receiver in the NFL. I found that out that day. I didn't disappoint myself and I didn't embarrass myself.

At end of practice all the wideouts went to the Jugs Machine, it's a machine that shoots balls out. I had never done that before. I had been catching everything that day in practice from the quarterbacks. I was probably a little close and the thing was fast and the thing was faster than I thought it was.

It was serious. I had emergency surgery that night and was out of work for a couple months. It was tough. I had some eye surgery before so I knew how severe it was. It was probably more scary that day, not knowing. The next day came and I knew it would be a long recovery back. I still need some more surgery. The eye is not great now. But I had some time off.

The guy never played in college, as far as I can determine, and he's been covering sports for years. Yet he thought he was ranked ahead of two receivers and could've made the team!

Thanks for all the terrific responses guys, but maybe I didn't ask my question clearly enough. I was'nt talking about his lazy eye- I was talking about the good one. Why is it blue?

Because it feels sad for for his injured eye. :D

And how about you do yours as well. :D

I haven't looked at Stuart Scott the same since he nearly lost an eye because of his belief he was good enough to make an NFL squad as a receiver.

A Q&A with Scott from a few year's ago:

Q. Back in the spring, you sustained a severe eye injury while filming a story about football minicamps with the Jets. Tell us what happened.

I had gotten in shape and (Jets coach) Herman Edwards gave me permission to go to minicamp with them. I was doing a feature for ESPN on what it's like to be in minicamp. But I was serious about it.

The day I was there, there were eight wideouts and the wide receiver coach said I was rated number six. I didn't have any delusions of grandeur. I was hoping I'd be good enough to be a scrub wide receiver or a practice wide receiver in the NFL. I found that out that day. I didn't disappoint myself and I didn't embarrass myself.

At end of practice all the wideouts went to the Jugs Machine, it's a machine that shoots balls out. I had never done that before. I had been catching everything that day in practice from the quarterbacks. I was probably a little close and the thing was fast and the thing was faster than I thought it was.

It was serious. I had emergency surgery that night and was out of work for a couple months. It was tough. I had some eye surgery before so I knew how severe it was. It was probably more scary that day, not knowing. The next day came and I knew it would be a long recovery back. I still need some more surgery. The eye is not great now. But I had some time off.

The guy never played in college, as far as I can determine, and he's been covering sports for years. Yet he thought he was ranked ahead of two receivers and could've made the team!

none the less, he got hit by a football at a NY Jets training camp.

none the less, he got hit by a football at a NY Jets training camp.

Yes, but you said it was a stray pass from a Jet player and made a big deal that I was incorrect when I said it was from a machine instead. Just wanted clear up what really happened, that's all. FWIW, I dont think a throw from Penny or Vinny would have done much damage anyway :D