[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wanna see how a franchise goes downhill? Look at the 2004 GB draft...

Fatman

http://www.packers.com/news/releases/2006/10/03/1/

The Green Bay Packers on Tuesday released cornerback Ahmad Carroll. Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations Ted Thompson made the announcement.

Carroll, the Packers' first-round selection in the 2004 NFL Draft, played 34 games in three seasons, starting 28 contests. He had 104 tackles (95 solo), three interceptions, three sacks, 26 passes defensed, one forced fumble and one fumble recovery.

Let's see...the draft of only two years ago now looks like:

1 25 Ahmad Carroll CB CUT

3 70 Joey Thomas CB CUT

3 72 Donnell Washington DT CUT

3 87 B.J. Sander P CUT

6 179 Corey Williams DT In the DT rotation

7 251 Scott Wells G Starting and playing OK

Having your 2004 draft net one starter at center and a role player in the interior line is an easy way to kill the team...thanks Sherm!

Oh yeah...

:D:D:lol::lol::brew::woot::brow::pop::lol:

Edited by Fatman

Want to see how a franchise makes there way back?

AJ Hawk, Greg Jennings, and the rookie lineman are playing great right now. How many sacks have they given up the past 3 weeks? Fear not, Ted Thompson is a draft guru.

As far as Carroll goes, I think it was his attitude and inabilty to take blame for his mistakes and not learning from them that got him canned. I think this also shows us that Will Blackmon is getting real close to being healthy.

Not a big surprise.The coverage I saw from the Green Bay secondary last night may be the worst of all time.

:D The worst of all time? They played decent the first half, and then just blew it in the second half. Charles Woodson actually looked good until he got hurt... I do see us taking a corner in the first this year.

Want to see how a franchise makes there way back?

AJ Hawk, Greg Jennings, and the rookie lineman are playing great right now. How many sacks have they given up the past 3 weeks? Fear not, Ted Thompson is a draft guru.

As far as Carroll goes, I think it was his attitude and inabilty to take blame for his mistakes and not learning from them that got him canned. I think this also shows us that Will Blackmon is getting real close to being healthy.

Not only that but Carroll constantly was penalized for interrference. He never learned to keep his hands off of WR's and still cover. He had speed but never used it well.

He didn't seem smart enough to figure out how to play as a pro. I'm glad he and Roman are gone. Time to work for the future. I really can't see anyone being much worse.

every game i have watched the packers play, that guy was penalized for illegal contact or pass interference. i dont follow the pack much at all and was surprised to see the guy was still starting last night. i thought for sure he was demoted. its funny that they dont even demote him, just cut him free instead.

Shoulda taken Chris Gamble! I've always said it and will stick by that. We had a bunch of 6'4"+ WRs in the NFC North then and took a 5'9" midget, low Wonderlic idiot.

I hope our first two picks are RB and CB. Michael Bush, Adrian Peterson, Marshawn Lynch would help the O and an Antoine Cason, Darrelle Revis, Leon Hall, or Daymeion Hughes would shore up CB.

The front 7 is ok, the S are young, OL should develop, decent WR's (need another vet and more talent though) and if Favre comes back, we're solid at QB.