[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Friday Night Lights

theeohiostate

Tivod it, I'll try and catch it later this week. BTW I finally got around to watching Heroes and I think I may start following this one.

My personal crack, Lost, is coming back on tomorrow so I guess I need to start preparing myself for another season of being strung along. :D

As a parent with teenage daughters, I turned it off. The whole high school girls as b!tchy hos was a bit put-offish to me and the missus.

That's exactly my wifes take on it and we only watched the first few minutes. :D

I DVR'ed it and will probably watch the whole thing when I get bored.

That's exactly my wifes take on it and we only watched the first few minutes. :D

Yeah it didn't do much for us either. After catching up the last few monthes we are psyched for Lost tonight!

DVRing The Nine as well.

• 6 months later...

Season finale was last night. I must say, I think this season as a whole was fantastic. This definitely overtook Lost, in my opinion, as the best Wed night show. Sad to see it end and hope it gets renewed next season. Although I don't know how they would handle coach Taylor's situation.

I thought that was a great show.....so of course heard last night they cancelled it - one and done

quality TV just doesn't seem to have a place anymore...

Are you kidding? That's REALLY disappointing...it was a great finale last night.

I thought that was a great show.....so of course heard last night they cancelled it - one and done

:D

Fack, Black Donnelly's now this one. I loathe the general public that watches all of that reality crap. :D

Edit: I can't find anything about it being cancelled, only speculation.

Edited by twiley

Interesting, I read an article yeserday that they gave the show an order for 6 more episodes and had yet to decide on next season.

Here is that article

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - NBC's "Friday Night Lights" are shining brighter.

A day before the freshman series' season finale, the network on Tuesday ordered six additional scripts of the critically praised but low rated series.

While this is short of the early second-season order NBC recently bestowed on another struggling rookie, the comedy "30 Rock," the order does strengthen "Friday"'s chances for a return next season.

"Friday" is the second NBC series on the bubble to receive a six-script order this week, following a similar pickup for veteran "Medium" Monday.

"Friday" is an adaptation of the 2004 feature about a high school football team. Kyle Chandler leads the ensemble cast of the drama, which recently won a Peabody Award.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

Edited by Big Country

Fack, Black Donnelly's now this one. I loathe the general public that watches all of that reality crap. :D

Edit: I can't find anything about it being cancelled, only speculation.

It was out a while ago that early indications had NBC NOT renewing it. In fact, there was some speculation that the show wouldn't make it through the first season. There was a mid-season hiatis that was almost permanent.

NBC has just announced that they requested an additional six scripts that could be the start of season two. The show is still on the bubble, but does have a shot at coming back next year.

It has developed into such a great show, and I hope it keeps going. In fact, I may look online to see if I can purchase my Dillon Panthers State Championship T-Shirt. :tup:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/04/11/t...tion=cnn_latest

It has developed into such a great show, and I hope it keeps going. In fact, I may look online to see if I can purchase my Dillon Panthers State Championship T-Shirt. :D

I should have stopped reading.

Haven't watched the finale yet. :tup:

Series is entertaining but they need to get back to more football.

SPOILER ALERT********* Do Not read if you have not watched and are planning on watching later**********

Final game was weak.... down 26-0 at the half? What did they miss 2 x-tra points? Dillon was down 14-0 after the first two scores and then they showed a 3rd TD off of an interception. I realize that they had to set up a great comeback with a last second score but it would have been more realistic to show a blocked PAT to make the score 27? Still could have won on a last second score and PAT. Didn't need to have a shutout in the second half as it would have been more entertaining to give up a late TD to VoDoo, let him smack talk and set up the game winning score. Oh well it is TV.

I should have stopped reading.

Haven't watched the finale yet. :D

My bad, I totally goofed and didn't put SPOILER ALERT.

I kinda figured that they would win, when on the previews for the show they showed the players having a parade.

I expect this show to get picked up. Besides for a few shows NBC's lineup is weak. While Friday Night Lights doesn't get great ratings it has a decent core group of viewers who love the show. Also, critics and NBC really like the show. I think the biggest challenge is finding it the right time slot for next season.

I expect this show to get picked up. Besides for a few shows NBC's lineup is weak. While Friday Night Lights doesn't get great ratings it has a decent core group of viewers who love the show. Also, critics and NBC really like the show. I think the biggest challenge is finding it the right time slot for next season.

Sunday, 1 PM ET.