[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dumb Ass Trade

stevenmann

In my 12 team league a trade went down that to me was F'd up! I'd love to knwo what you cats think of this trade. Am I wrong, if so humble me please....

Ok team A trades

Shaun Alexander, Fred Taylor, and Nate Burl

Team B sends

E-James

Micheal Turner

and Maurice drew...

May I add that niether team has LT so Turner is useless unless LT gets hurt... To me this is BS.. Thoughts please be honest am I over reacting?????

Peace

IMHO, of the 6 players listed, the only player with any real consistent value is SA. I know he is hurt right now, but he will be back for the critical part of the fantasy regular season and the playoffs. So I think it is a BS trade for sure. When does it ever make sense to trade the no. 1 or no. 2 guy drafted for a couple of injury/upside guys and a RB on a team with no O-line and a rookie QB?

The trade is fine. Edge for Shaun.....will Shaun be ok, would you like to guarantee that? Turner and Drew Jones have more upside than Fragile Fred and Burleson. I see no problem with this trade. Let people manage their teams.

Not that I think this is a good trade but SA has more problems than just a broken foot which is why I'm glad I wasn't put into the position to draft him... Walter Jones has been banged up this year and losing Hutch to the Vikings is killing the O Line. SA will still be a top 5 or 10 RB, but there's no way he gets 20 TDs this year.

You are def. overreacting. The Alexander - James part of the deal is fine. Although James hasn't been great, he is an inconsistent 1st round pick being traded for an injured 1st round pick. You don't know if Leinart can turn James fantasy season around and you dont know if Alexander's foot will hurt his value the rest of the year. Maurice Drew for Fred Taylor is a wash because they are both gonna be split about 50-50 the rest of the year or until Taylor gets hurt. Turner for Burleson is only really beneficial to either team if LT2 goes down or DJax/Branch goes down. In the Alexander - James part, the guy getting Alexander is getting the better deal IMO. In the Drew - Taylor part, IMO the guy getting Drew is getting the better deal and Turner - Burleson doesnt matter. What's not fair?

I can see why both of those teams might make that trade.

Why do people get their panties in a bunch over trades?

Fantasy football is about what is GOING to happen. People that make trades like this are hedging their bets.

And if this is a dynasty league especially, I wouldn't even blink an eye at this trade.

I just traded Westbrook and Driver for Rudi Johnson and Chris Perry in a dynasty league. On the surface, it looks like I got the short end of the stick, but I had my reasons.

I don't have to worry about Westbrook's injury any more.

I don't have to worry about how much Jennings is going to cut into the production I expected Driver to have this season. Nor do I have to worry about what will happen when/if Aaron Rogers starts getting into the action.

I have (as of week 7) a decent flex option with Perry, and one of the best handcuff tandems in the league.

And my team got younger (which is kind of important in a dynasty league)

Like I said, on the surface it looks like I got ripped off, but I am actually quite relieved.

I say live and let live!!

The trade is fine. Edge for Shaun.....will Shaun be ok, would you like to guarantee that? Turner and Drew Jones have more upside than Fragile Fred and Burleson. I see no problem with this trade. Let people manage their teams.

On paper it is a BAD trade, but in reality it is fair, SA's injury could last all year