[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Free Fantasy Advice - Week 5 Edition

Hugh 0ne

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

LJordan @ SF

DFoster vs. CLE

DWilliams vs. CLE

DMason vs. DEN

Pick 3. Typically I like to start RBs over WRs but I am also reluctant to start 2 RBs from the same team no matter how good the matchup.

As of this moment I'm leaning towards Jordan, Foster and Mason. But I'm tempted to go with Mason or Jordan for Williams.

Thoughts?

LJordan @ SF

DFoster vs. CLE

DWilliams vs. CLE

DMason vs. DEN

Pick 3. Typically I like to start RBs over WRs but I am also reluctant to start 2 RBs from the same team no matter how good the matchup.

As of this moment I'm leaning towards Jordan, Foster and Mason. But I'm tempted to go with Mason or Jordan for Williams.

Thoughts?

I'm really confused :D

Hugh asked the SAME exact question here

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=174826 :D

I'm in a 12 team dynasty league where the flex is QB-RB-WR-TE. I just grabbed Brunell and I'd love to start him in the flex. Our scoring includes bonuses for big plays and the Brunell to Moss hookup can be big against the soft NYG D.

Which 2 of these 3 would you start?

Brunell @ NYG

Rhodes vs. TEN

Edge vs KC

Dare I say it, I am tempted to bench Edge here. :D

Starters as I have it now: QB Bulger, RB1 Edge, RB2 CTaylor, FLEX Rhodes, WR1 Holt, WR2 Jennings, TE LJSmith

Bench: Brunell, Huard, Leinart, BigBen, Betts, Calhoun, Coles, Chad Jackson, Chad Johnson, Williamson, Witten

Ah, it's Hugh, the man, the myth, the fantasy guru.

Lineup and rules in sig.

I'm starting:

Bledsoe v Eagles

SJax v GNB

Gore v Oak

Harrison v Ten

LJ Smith v Dal

Here's my problem, what other 2 do I start? Only one can be a RB or 2 WR.

Jennings vs. STL - valuable with a banged up Favre?

Colston vs. TAM - continued success, even againt TAM?

Rhodes vs. TEN - will he have another good week against hapless titans?

DeAngelo vs. CLE - enough carries with Foster to make a difference?

My initial feeling is to go with Jennings and Rhodes. Thanks.

Start Ronnie Brown with Gore and Addai, (Holt and Roy Williams receivers) or leave him on bench for one of the following

Reggie Williams vs Jets

Coles vs Jags

Driver vs Rams

Thanks....

Driver if he's healthy enough. if not, stick with Brown, especially if you get ppr's.

I'm in a 12 team dynasty league where the flex is QB-RB-WR-TE. I just grabbed Brunell and I'd love to start him in the flex. Our scoring includes bonuses for big plays and the Brunell to Moss hookup can be big against the soft NYG D.

Which 2 of these 3 would you start?

Brunell @ NYG

Rhodes vs. TEN

Edge vs KC

Dare I say it, I am tempted to bench Edge here. :D

Starters as I have it now: QB Bulger, RB1 Edge, RB2 CTaylor, FLEX Rhodes, WR1 Holt, WR2 Jennings, TE LJSmith

Bench: Brunell, Huard, Leinart, BigBen, Betts, Calhoun, Coles, Chad Jackson, Chad Johnson, Williamson, Witten

Depends on your scoring. If it's pretty much standard, start the QB. If QB scoring is lower, start Edge.

Which 2 RB's would you go with this week?

T. Bell- 27 touches last games but playing a very tough BAL D

D. Rhodes- Nice match up vs. TEN but Addai seems to be getting more and more touches

R. Bush- three weeks in a row with his numbers declining and still no TD's

Ah, it's Hugh, the man, the myth, the fantasy guru.

Lineup and rules in sig.

I'm starting:

Bledsoe v Eagles

SJax v GNB

Gore v Oak

Harrison v Ten

LJ Smith v Dal

Here's my problem, what other 2 do I start? Only one can be a RB or 2 WR.

Jennings vs. STL - valuable with a banged up Favre?

Colston vs. TAM - continued success, even againt TAM?

Rhodes vs. TEN - will he have another good week against hapless titans?

DeAngelo vs. CLE - enough carries with Foster to make a difference?

My initial feeling is to go with Jennings and Rhodes. Thanks.

Your intitial feeling is right. In Rhodes you have a RBBC with a good matchup, just like Williams, but Rhodes is at the top of his RBBC, while Williams is at the bottom. Expect more passing than running with the Saints, so I don't expect a lot from Colston. Jennings is a great option, probably your best here.

Which 2 RB's would you go with this week?

T. Bell- 27 touches last games but playing a very tough BAL D

D. Rhodes- Nice match up vs. TEN but Addai seems to be getting more and more touches

R. Bush- three weeks in a row with his numbers declining and still no TD's

I bench Bell. Rhodes and Bush have nice matchups, and while they share carries, they'll probably still outproduce Bell against the Ravens in Baltimore. Not to mention that Bell's probably a fumble away from riding pine.

Peyton...sorry

SA's a risk. Was he unproductive because he was hurt, or was he unproductive because of the personnel change, namely losing Hutchinson? When will he be back to form?

Barlow's not a weekly starter, more like a bye week filler at best. So Manning for a dinged up SA? Tough call. I'd probably stick with Alexander, but it depends on what QB I have.

I did. In fact, my response was probably the most accurate statement I've ever made at these boards. :D

< 9 year old > Takes one to know one < / 9 year old >

Like you are considering starting both Foster and DeAngelo I am considering starting both Addai and Rhodes.

I have RBrown, Addai, Rhodes, Norwood and MBell. PPR start 1 or 2 RBs and 3 or 4 WRs. I like my WRs ... Holt, Coles, Housh, Jennings, Williamson. Holt, Coles and Jennings are starts.

So I could start both Addai and Rhodes IF I bench RBrown AND Troy Williamson. RBrown is the 9th RB in our league due to receptions and yards so I don't believe it is likely I will bench him. I haven't totally ruled out the idea but I'd say there is less than a 5% chance I bench RBrown.

So the question becomes which one of TWilliamson, Addai or Rhodes.

I am considering sitting Coles and putting TW in his place.

I will likely go RBrown, Addai, Holt, Jennings, TW or Coles

SA's a risk. Was he unproductive because he was hurt, or was he unproductive because of the personnel change, namely losing Hutchinson? When will he be back to form?

Barlow's not a weekly starter, more like a bye week filler at best. So Manning for a dinged up SA? Tough call. I'd probably stick with Alexander, but it depends on what QB I have.

I have Grossman/Hass at QB--LT/SA/Rhodes/MBell at RB. I am really leaning toward taking manning...Barlow is not a factor to me. I just have a little trigger guard .

Pick one of the following:

Edward vs Car

Mason vs Den

Gabriel vs Miami

I am playing the #1 team this week for the lead in the division. I seem to always lose to him even when my team is alot better then his. Need advice on my 3rd behind Holt and oy Williams.

Mason is most likely going on the bench again this week.

Edwards is playing Carolina which is a 50/50 def against the pass. What I do like is that he is the #1 WR and chances are Cle will be playing from behind this week.

Gabriel is starting to looking like Bradys main target (i know Bradys throws to everyone). Even if NE gets ahead it always seem that they like to let Brady at least throw for 1 or 2 TDs a game no matter what and they should handle Miami.

Gabriel seems like the safe play but Edwards looks like the possible home run. But are are the odds that Edwards will and can go off against Carolina?