[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Free Fantasy Advice - Week 5 Edition

Hugh 0ne

Must pick 2 of 3 (both starters on bye week) at WR:

Bernard Berrian who's been productive, home vs. the tough Buffalo D

Javon Walker, also productive, home vs. the ridiculously good Raven D

Hines Ward, not productive along with Roeth, @ the salty San Diego D

My thoughts are more not to go with Ward until Pittsburgh shows me something in the passing game and that San Diego is not the place they'll get on track...but the idea of playing anybody against the Ravens seems unproductive. Amazingly enough, Berrian seems like the surest of the 3 plays to me.

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

have been offered Muhamadd & Crumpler for Gates. Would this be a good move for me. I would have to play the matchup between Watson & Crumpler weekly, but it would upgrade my WR's. At least I think it would. I'm guessing Muhamadd would be my #3. We start three WR's & one TE. What do you think? Does Muhamadd have upside? Here is my team.........

QB-Eli Manning

RB-Ron Brown

RB-Chester Taylor

RB-Maurice Morris

RB-Brandon Jacobs

RB-Marion Barber

Julious Jones

WR-Steve Smith

WR- Mike Furrey

WR- Doug Gabriel

WR- Jerricho Cotchery

WR-Reggie Wayne

TE-Antonio Gates

Ben Warson

Hugh the Guru,

Two quick questions, one WDIS and one about KJ's value rest of season

1) WDIS- Favre vs. STL or Lefty vs. NYJ

2) My starting RB's are usually SJax and Dunn. I figure SJax will remain solid and consistent, and Dunn is a good #2. However, his age and the fact that Norwood is breathing down his neck kinda scares me, so I was thinking about trading Dunn maybe to bolster my WR corps (right now it's R.Moss, TJ, A.Johnson, Cotchery and Kennison). But then my other starting RB most weeks would have to be Kevin Jones, who I still don't trust week in and week out. Should I try to move Dunn now that his value is still high or sit tight and hope someone like R.Moss ever turns it around to help my WR corps out

Hugh My Man,

Should I start Troy Williamson vs. Detroit or Laverneous Coles vs. Jacksonville this week as my WR3 in a standard point-per-reception league?

Thanks!!

Troy Williamson, no doubt about it. The Lions are TERRIBLE against the pass, Williamson will have a VERY nice day.

Hugh the Guru,

Two quick questions, one WDIS and one about KJ's value rest of season

1) WDIS- Favre vs. STL or Lefty vs. NYJ

2) My starting RB's are usually SJax and Dunn. I figure SJax will remain solid and consistent, and Dunn is a good #2. However, his age and the fact that Norwood is breathing down his neck kinda scares me, so I was thinking about trading Dunn maybe to bolster my WR corps (right now it's R.Moss, TJ, A.Johnson, Cotchery and Kennison). But then my other starting RB most weeks would have to be Kevin Jones, who I still don't trust week in and week out. Should I try to move Dunn now that his value is still high or sit tight and hope someone like R.Moss ever turns it around to help my WR corps out

Favre, no doubt, even with a gimpy Driver.

Kevin Jones is a bye week filler nowadays, who can on rare occasions be inserted into the starting lineup when the macthup is favorable. Aside from that, he should be on your bench.

i already know you are going to say start Boldin...i think....give me a good reason if you do...

Boldin vs. Chiefs with Leinert's first NFL start!!! Zona and co. looked terrible last week, not sure they can bounce back against a pumped chiefs team.

Robinson off a good game last week, going up against the worst rated Pass defense in the Lions! Williamson will definitely get all of the attention which frees up Robinson(who has caught 2 of the only 3 TD's thrown thus far)

what does your gut say hear, gentlemen. He's sitting atop the waiver wire and im gettin ready to grab him for just this week. someone beat me to Greg Lewis....

i got Fuerry as my other WR

sitting R. Smith vs Ravens-i will be dropping him to get Robinson if I go that way...

chad johnson is on a bye (he better wake the eff up as well)

Both leagues are 10 yards per rush point, 6 pts per TD, and 1 point per reception. 2nd league has a 3 point bonus at 100 yards.

Start 2:

Gore vs. Oak

McGahee @ Chi

Jordan @ SF

Start 2 RB, 1 RB/WR

Gore vs. Oak

McGahee @ Chi

Edge vs. KC

K. Jones @ Min

Jennings vs. StL

Also, I currently have Fitz and Wayne starting at my 2 WR spots, FWIW.

Also, I have the disappointing Carolina D going this week against Cleveland in 2 of my leagues. Do I stick with them against a pretty weak Browns offense or make a WW pickup? Some of the better D's available include:

NE (vs. Mia)

Min (vs. Det)

KC (@ Ari)

NO (vs. TB)

and

Phi (vs. Dal)

Buf (@ Chi)

KC (@ Ari)

NO (vs. TB)

Min (vs. Det)

Thanks.

Edited by CiminoUM5

Hugh-

Non-ppr league-Need one

Bryant @ Oak.

Chambers @ NE

Ppr league-Need one

Braylon @ Carolina

Mushin vs. Bills

Lastly, would you expect to get Thomas Jones in return for Reggie Wayne or would you want more for Wayne.

Hi Hugh!

Help me pick 3 out these 5...

B Berriman vs Buff

P Burress vs Wash

Roy Williams vs Minn

J Cotchery vs Jax

J Walker vs Balt

I'm leaning toward Berriman, Plaxico and R Williams because of matchups. What do you think?