[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Huddle Priority News

Runner

In the Huddle Priority News for subscribers, this was in the email

"Correll Buckhalter - RB, Philadelphia Eagles

Philadelphia RB Correll Buckhalter won't allow himself to be surprised again, like he was Monday when he was notified just 30 minutes before kickoff that he was replacing the injured Brian Westbrook.

HUDDLE UP: It's beginning to look more and more like Buckhalter will get that call. Westbrook didn't practice again on Thursday, continuing to nurse a supposed "bone bruise" in his knee. Don't be surprised, though, if Westbrook guts it out in the big game against Dallas then is shut down the rest of the season for knee surgery."

Talk about speculation! Sounds like some of the writers from CBS have come over to the huddle. :D

There are two things wrong with this. The first is Buckhalter not being ready. You are a professional football player. Get yourself ready every damn Sunday, regardless of the situation. The second thing is you complaining about the Huddle's take. It makes perfect sense to me. They dont know so dont be suprised if Westy bucks up for this one and plays. Translation: if you have a better option use it. If you dont then dont be suprised.

The second thing is you complaining about the Huddle's take. It makes perfect sense to me. They dont know so dont be suprised if Westy bucks up for this one and plays. Translation: if you have a better option use it. If you dont then dont be suprised.

I think he's referring to the huddles take on gutting it out for this game and then going in for season ending knee surgery.

Well I dont know that someone has to go to far out on a limb to say Westbrook could miss more time. Before he was pratcicing sporadically and would manage to play.

Last week he is a gametime scratch, and this week he isnt practicing at all.

The dude's knee is hurt... and weekly swelling in the knee doesnt improve by playing in games.

If they shut him down now they will have him for the playoffs. If he shuts down after this week he could miss the next 3 games and catch a BYE in week week 9 giving him 4 weeks off.

After the Dal game their schedule is NO, TB, and JAX, BYE.

Well I dont know that someone has to go to far out on a limb to say Westbrook could miss more time. Before he was pratcicing sporadically and would manage to play.

Last week he is a gametime scratch, and this week he isnt practicing at all.

The dude's knee is hurt... and weekly swelling in the knee doesnt improve by playing in games.

If they shut him down now they will have him for the playoffs. If he shuts down after this week he could miss the next 3 games and catch a BYE in week week 9 giving him 4 weeks off.

After the Dal game their schedule is NO, TB, and JAX, BYE.

Yes, but, IMO, if Westy goes out now, the Eagles may not even make the playoffs. He is a VITAL part of that offense.

I agree that the knee is more serious than originally thought. However, I haven't heard anything out of the Philly camp that he may have surgery. A lot of people believe that it is inevitable, based on history of the problem (bone on bone?) ala Dom Davis.

I guess we'll find out soon enough. It would be a shame, because he was having a great year.

Edited by Runner

It has been reported in many places that if Westbrook needs surgery, he will miss 2-6 weeks. No ligament damage, just loose cartlidge that needs to be removed.

Not sure where this "season-ending" chatter came from....guess it makes for good message-board fodder.

Edited by i_am_the_swammi

Talk about speculation! Sounds like some of the writers from CBS have come over to the huddle. :D

After giving the facts in the first section of the Priority News, I think the "Huddle Up" part at the end is intended to be the writers opinion of what could happen and not necessarily will happen. Comparing the Huddle writers to the Sportsline clowns was a bit harsh imo.

After giving the facts in the first section of the Priority News, I think the "Huddle Up" part at the end is intended to be the writers opinion of what could happen and not necessarily will happen. Comparing the Huddle writers to the Sportsline clowns was a bit harsh imo.

Yea, you're right. Nobody is bad as CBS.

In the Huddle Priority News for subscribers, this was in the email

"Correll Buckhalter - RB, Philadelphia Eagles

Philadelphia RB Correll Buckhalter won't allow himself to be surprised again, like he was Monday when he was notified just 30 minutes before kickoff that he was replacing the injured Brian Westbrook.

HUDDLE UP: It's beginning to look more and more like Buckhalter will get that call. Westbrook didn't practice again on Thursday, continuing to nurse a supposed "bone bruise" in his knee. Don't be surprised, though, if Westbrook guts it out in the big game against Dallas then is shut down the rest of the season for knee surgery."

I agree with what was wrote 100 percent.

And when they put "Huddle UP" that means they are giving their opinion.

You should see it as the last sign to trade Westbrook before you get nothing for him. that is what they are basically telling you. and if you own him (something tells me you do) you should heed their advice.

I agree with what was wrote 100 percent.

And when they put "Huddle UP" that means they are giving their opinion.

You should see it as the last sign to trade Westbrook before you get nothing for him. that is what they are basically telling you. and if you own him (something tells me you do) you should heed their advice.

I am hoping he plays this weekend as I would like to trade him for at least his value (a 1.12) for me. He has been excellent, as far as PPR goes, and I would at least like to fill a gap at another position before I let him go. Let's hope he suits up and gives it his all. For Philly's sake.

You guys followed the Curtis Martin and Dominck Davis sagas throughout the offseason, right? I don't know about you, but I see a lot of similarities. If you're hurting at RB, beat the rush and pick up Ryan Moats while the rest of your leaguemates are focused on Westy and Buckhalter.

Just took your advice. Moats seems more like Westbrook with speed to burn. Buckhalter is going nowhere and the Eagles need a running game.