Sign in to follow this  
vansmack32

GB homers: Driver update?

From KFFL's Hot Off The Wire

Packers | Driver misses practice, a game-time decision Week 5

Fri, 6 Oct 2006 14:56:40 -0700

Green Bay Packers WR Donald Driver (ribs) missed practice Friday, Oct. 6, as he is still feeling discomfort in his ribs. Driver will undergo more tests on his injury and will be a game-time decision for Week 5.

Crap. This is the bad part about going to the game. you can't make last minute changes. I'm benching him.

I've got him on two squads and I've choosen to sit'em this week, if he does play, it's just one hit the ribs and he'll most likely to the pine anyway.

I've got him on two squads and I've choosen to sit'em this week, if he does play, it's just one hit the ribs and he'll most likely to the pine anyway.

Right on - Driver is one tough motor scooter and will surely try to get it out, but he's one halfway decent hit away from going to the bench, and even absent a good hit, how effective will he really be?

Yep!

Too iffy for him to play & as PD says, one good hit to his tender rib area & it's pine city for Mr. Driver.

Benched him & flexed in...gulp...Eric Johnson, TE 49er's. :D

John Clayton just reported that Driver WILL play and that the MRI results from Friday showed nothing serious

John Clayton just reported that Driver WILL play and that the MRI results from Friday showed nothing serious

Yeah, but he'll be in a lot of pain and may leave if hit squarely in the ribs.

That's my fear as well......look elsewhere if you have better options.

I'm going with Ward in 1 league and Cotchery in another. :D

Yep!

Too iffy for him to play & as PD says, one good hit to his tender rib area & it's pine city for Mr. Driver.

Benched him & flexed in...gulp...Eric Johnson, TE 49er's. :D

Also, GB is on a bye next week (6), so they may use him less today and get him healthy for Week 7.

I'm gonna hope he gets a few touches before he sits, my only option is R. Smith against the Ravens D. I don't like that one.

Driver is tough and coninued to play last week after the injury. My biggest concern is not him playing and leaving but being more of a decoy to keep defenses honest for Jennings. (which is being started against this week :D ).

What do you homers think about that?

I'm struggling with this. i agree with everyones thoughts on benching Driver but my only other option is Rod Smth against Balt.

What to do.

Also, GB is on a bye next week (6), so they may use him less today and get him healthy for Week 7.

oooh...nice avatar :D

The deal with Driver is that he seems to be the go to guy in the redzone....

That's true. Even if he is mostly used as a decoy, he still has the potential to end with a TD. Ugh, my only other option is Horn v. TB, so I'm clutching at every straw possible to start Driver.

That's true. Even if he is mostly used as a decoy, he still has the potential to end with a TD. Ugh, my only other option is Horn v. TB, so I'm clutching at every straw possible to start Driver.

Horn.... geez I think I would have to go with Driver...

How do you think this affects Jennings? Need to decide btwn Driver and Jennings. Last week, Furrey lit up the Rams, but that seemed to happen after Williams already started to dominate. I think Driver could be decent, but I have no idea what Jennings will do. Urgh.

How do you think this affects Jennings? Need to decide btwn Driver and Jennings. Last week, Furrey lit up the Rams, but that seemed to happen after Williams already started to dominate. I think Driver could be decent, but I have no idea what Jennings will do. Urgh.

Jennings as been more consistent than Driver.

Horn.... geez I think I would have to go with Driver...

I actually prefer Horn if Driver isn't 100%. Breesd

looks for him.

I am still stuggling with my Driver for Rod Smith decision. Any thoughts???