[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Roy Williams Hurt

Primetime9287

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lions Monday injury update, WR Williams is day-to-day

Written by: NICHOLAS J. COTSONIKA ¦ 10/9/2006

Source: www.freep.com

The Lions got some good news Monday. Wide receiver Roy Williams, their top playmaker, wasn't seriously hurt in Sunday's 26-17 loss at Minnesota. He suffered what coach Rod Marinelli called a stinger and a pull in his upper back. He is day-to-day.

Good news. Thanks.

Lions Monday injury update, WR Williams is day-to-day

Written by: NICHOLAS J. COTSONIKA ¦ 10/9/2006

Source: www.freep.com

The Lions got some good news Monday. Wide receiver Roy Williams, their top playmaker, wasn't seriously hurt in Sunday's 26-17 loss at Minnesota. He suffered what coach Rod Marinelli called a stinger and a pull in his upper back. He is day-to-day.

"We're all day to day."

With THAT being the news if he doesn't play Sunday I will say 2 things 100%. 1. I will NEVER draft him again. 2. As soon as he has a big game he's dealt. I am already leaning in that direction because IMO there is NO reason he wasn't back in yesterday, but if he misses Sunday that seals it 100%. He is obviously very soft.

Edited by giantsfan

Now he is doubtful. Let me give some advice to every Roy owner. If he has 1 good game deal him. And do NOT ever draft him again. This guy is THE softest player ever. I have seen everywhere day to day nothing major should have no problem playing. Simply put if he isn't 100000% he doesn't play. Deal him as soon as he has 1 more good game.

Now he is doubtful. Let me give some advice to every Roy owner. If he has 1 good game deal him. And do NOT ever draft him again. This guy is THE softest player ever. I have seen everywhere day to day nothing major should have no problem playing. Simply put if he isn't 100000% he doesn't play. Deal him as soon as he has 1 more good game.

Where did you see doubtful? There hasn't been an injury report yet.

I copied this from the othr board....

Roy Williams - WR, Detroit Lions 10/11/2006

Contrary to previous reports, it now appears that Lions WR Roy Williams (shoulder, back) is not likely to play in the team's home game against Buffalo in Week 6. According to a report in the Detroit News, Williams hasn't ruled out playing, but the team claims that he is doubtful. Williams injured his shoulder and back early in the Lions' Week 5 loss to the Vikings.

Huddle Up: Anything can happen here, but Williams' fantasy owners should prepare for the worst. Lions backup WR Az-Zahir Hakeem should be a reliable fill-in in Williams' stead, and he proved as much against the Vikings with eight catches and 92 yards after Williams went out on the Lions' first drive.

THE NEWS

Lions wide receiver Roy E. Williams has not ruled out playing in week six against the Bills despite a back injury. "If we can get it to calm down we will be in good position," Williams told WXYT radio. "Right now it is stiff." The Lions will list Williams as doubtful on the injury report for Sunday's game against the Bills.

Our View

Roy has been campaigning for second-year wideout Mike Williams to get more playing time. However, Mike is listed so far down the depth chart that he probably wouldn't start even if Roy sits out. If Roy can't play on Sunday, the likely starters would be Mike Furrey and Az-Zahir Hakim. We'll keep fantasy owners updated on Roy's status leading up to kickoff on Sunday.

From the Huddle and Fanball doh.gif

from theHuddle's priority news-

Roy Williams - WR, Detroit Lions 10/11/2006

Contrary to previous reports, it now appears that Lions WR Roy Williams (shoulder, back) is not likely to play in the team's home game against Buffalo in Week 6. According to a report in the Detroit News, Williams hasn't ruled out playing, but the team claims that he is doubtful. Williams injured his shoulder and back early in the Lions' Week 5 loss to the Vikings.

Huddle Up: Anything can happen here, but Williams' fantasy owners should prepare for the worst. Lions backup WR Az-Zahir Hakeem should be a reliable fill-in in Williams' stead, and he proved as much against the Vikings with eight catches and 92 yards after Williams went out on the Lions' first drive.

Yeah I read the Huddle this morning. But Sportsline since then reads:

News: Lions WR Roy Williams (back) is listed as probable for Week 6 vs. Buffalo. He did miss a portion of the team's practice on Wednesday.

Analysis: The Lions seem optimistic about Williams' playing status for Sunday. When healthy, he's a must-start wideout, but he should obviously be benched if he's not going to play. Az-Zahir Hakim played well in his place and should be added by Williams' Fantasy owners as an insurance policy for Week 6 vs. Buffalo.

Yeah I read the Huddle this morning. But Sportsline since then reads:

News: Lions WR Roy Williams (back) is listed as probable for Week 6 vs. Buffalo. He did miss a portion of the team's practice on Wednesday.

Analysis: The Lions seem optimistic about Williams' playing status for Sunday. When healthy, he's a must-start wideout, but he should obviously be benched if he's not going to play. Az-Zahir Hakim played well in his place and should be added by Williams' Fantasy owners as an insurance policy for Week 6 vs. Buffalo.

Is this CBS Sportsline? Ahh... :D

Just read this on Fanball:

Lions: Williams now listed as probable

10/11/06 07:03 PM

THE NEWS

Despite earlier reports that receiver Roy Williams was unlikely to play this Sunday, the Lions listed him as proabable on the week six injury report with an upper back stinger. Williams did not practice Wednesday, however.

Our View

We expected he would be doubtful and it turns out he's probable. We'll split the difference on Williams and consider him questionable to play against the Bills. In spite of his official status, we wouldn't recommend counting on Roy until he hits the practice field at least once.

I am SO happy I was just able to deal him with Henry, Maroney, and B. Johnson for CJ, S. Moss, and FWP. All I can say is Roy may play Sunday, he also may get one hit and leave, and he is so soft he will miss more games at some point. I want no part of this guy anymore. He is a total beast, but he is SO soft it's scary.

Edited by giantsfan

I am SO happy I was just able to deal him with Henry, Maroney, and B. Johnson for CJ, S. Moss, and FWP. All I can say is Roy may play Sunday, he also may get one hit and leave, and he is so soft he will miss more games at some point. I want no part of this guy anymore. He is a total beast, but he is SO soft it's scary.

geez, I had no idea you did'nt care for him GF. :D

geez, I had no idea you did'nt care for him GF. :D

I actually loved the guy until last week. Then he gets a stinger and misses a full game. I bet 90% of the NFL players would have come back in. Now all this talk about will he or won't he play Sunday. I just don't want to deal with it. Clearly the guy is soft IMO.