[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Eagles/Cowboys

keggerz

Why did Philly win?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Philly won because they played a good team game

• YES
    • NO
    • Does Not Apply
  2. 2. The Philly D is what won the game

• YES
    • NO
    • Does Not Apply
  3. 3. The Philly O is what won the game

• YES
    • NO
    • Does Not Apply
  4. 4. Philly won because Bledsoe sucks

• Yes
    • NO
    • Does not apply
  5. 5. Philly won because the Cowboys OLINE Sucked

• YES
    • NO
    • Does Not Apply
  6. 6. Philly won because the Cowboys Defensive backfield got abused

• YES
    • NO
    • Does Not Apply

i'm not so sure. I believe he did lose this game for them, but no completely single handedly. It's the same story every game for Bledsoe..big spot? bam, INT. everytime.

However, PHI had a SUPERB defensive gameplan. They disrupted everything. I dont think any QB would've hada good game in this one. However, Bledsoe is just borderline retarded in the big spot.

Unless that big spot is the AFC Championship game against Pittsburgh.

Right... chokes in the big spot. :D

I wonder how long it will be before we start hearing the Romo! Romo! Romo! cheers. I have a feeling that had the game been in Dallas, the fans might have been screaming that after the third or fourth Bledsoe turnover.

i give the eagles all the credit in the world they played a great game and had a great game plan

i bias as i my be think that the cowboys are a better team than the eagles still not by much but still better

these are two of the best teams in the nfc and it was a great fn game loved every second of it (except the last 16)

dallas will get even on christmas and take the rubber match in the playoffs

Why did the Cowboys lose?

Hard to nail it down to one reason but it is incredibly hard to win when you turn the ball over FIVE times. The way to beat Dallas is to get in Bledsoe's face, he can't handle the pressure ... and Philly was in his face all day to the tune of 7 sacks and a ton of hits. Compounding the Dallas problems was the fact that they allowed TWO big plays, one to LJ Smith for 80 yards and a flea flicker to Brown for a TD.

Dallas ran 30 more plays than Philly

Dallas out gained Philly on the ground by 94 yards

Dallas had the ball 14 more minutes than Philly

If only they could eliminate their mistakes :kicksrocks:

Eagles won because of a great defensive game plan.... don't give up big plays, cause turnovers and pressure Bledsoe

The Eagles offense had three main plays that affected the outcome of the game....

The screen to Westbrook at the start of the game....25-30 yards

The pass to LJ Smith after the cowboys TD....60 yds

The TD pass to Hank Baskett.....87 yds

The TD flea flicker TD pass to Reggie Brown..... 40 yds

Those four plays constituted 217 of the 405 total yds on the game for the Eagles....

football comes down to two things...Who wins the turnover battle and who makes more big plays

Dallas lost both....and lost the game.... The eagles inept running game kept Dallas in the game

Why did the Cowboys lose?

Dallas ran 30 more plays than Philly

Dallas out gained Philly on the ground by 94 yards

Dallas had the ball 14 more minutes than Philly

If only they could eliminate their mistakes :kicksrocks:

Well, if you are calling all the big plays the Eagles made mistakes, then you are corrrect. But give credit where credit is due...everyone said the Eagles couldn't win without a big-play WR, that McNabb was"not the same" as McNabb of old, that the defense of last year proved it was vulnerable, etc.

All the stats you note above were true for one reason only...that the Eagles had no drives more than SIX plays....all their scores were the result of being able to execute the big play. Dallas out-statted them only because the Eagles were able to score so quickly, so easily, with one big play.

One more stat to ponder: the Eagles gain 317 yards...........

ON FIRST DOWN!!

Why did the Eagles win the game?

Because the Eagles are better offensively then most people thought. Outside of last year and prior to Owen's first year with the Eagles, the Eagles made the Championship game 3 years in a row with an offense that produced with no name receivers and McNabb leading the way.

In 2006 without Owens the McNabb led Eagles have shown they can win games because the offense CAN produce with no name recievers. Against the Cowboys they did what they have done all year...play well Offensively, particularly McNabb and the Defensive line showed they can dominate a game which they too have done for the majority of the 2006 season.

Offensively:

Passing Yards for McNabb - 288,296,314,350,354 in the first 5 games of the season. Each game led by a different receiver. They had almost 100 more yards on Offense against the Cowboys then the Cowboys gave up in any other game (this had NOTHING to do with Bledsoe). They lost against the Giants but the offense had 140 more yards against the Giants then the Giants gave up in any other game.

Bledsoe had a bad game as did the Offensive line (Bledsoe was pressured all day). The fact is the Eagles were better offensively and defensively. If the Eagles Offense keeps this up they will be tough to beat throughout the rest of the year.

Edited by StormChasers

It must be great for Eagle fans to prove that they never needed Owens to win games. TO was just along for the ride and benefitted from the team's skills to allow him to have a great season.

I'm not even close to being an Eagle fan in any universe... but I think this is a gret day to be a fan.

Lets not get too overly excited about the Eagles....the second hand of their schedule is brutal to say the least

After there bye week it looks like this....

Redskins

Tenessee

at Indy

Carolina

at Redskins

at Giants

at Cowboys

Atlanta

Why did the Eagles win the game?

Because the Eagles are better offensively then most people thought. Outside of last year and prior to Owen's first year with the Eagles, the Eagles made the Championship game 3 years in a row with an offense that produced with no name receivers and McNabb leading the way.

In 2006 without Owens the McNabb led Eagles have shown they can win games because the offense CAN produce with no name recievers. Against the Cowboys they did what they have done all year...play well Offensively, particularly McNabb and the Defensive line showed they can dominate a game which they too have done for the majority of the 2006 season.

Offensively:

Passing Yards for McNabb - 288,296,314,350,354 in the first 5 games of the season. Each game led by a different receiver. They had almost 100 more yards on Offense against the Cowboys then the Cowboys gave up in any other game (this had NOTHING to do with Bledsoe). They lost against the Giants but the offense had 140 more yards against the Giants then the Giants gave up in any other game.

Bledsoe had a bad game as did the Offensive line (Bledsoe was pressured all day). The fact is the Eagles were better offensively and defensively. If the Eagles Offense keeps this up they will be tough to beat throughout the rest of the year.

ding, ding, ding! We have a weiner! :D

Edited by rhino

Because they are a better team, with a better QB!