[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Parcells New Conf.

keggerz

I tried to get everything pertinent but I cant type that fast...also some I may have a word or 2 off on but the jist is there

Q How would you assess Drews performance

A "Across the board offensively, alot of the pressure we got not much but a substantial was due to mental errors on protection"

Q: I missed the exact question but it centered around bledsoe and the offense

A "We did have a couple of communication errors and mental errors"

A "Some was mental some was physical the majority of the easy sacks were mental"

Q:Any thought to changing QBs

A NO

Q Why Not

A becaues I dont htink thats the answer right at this moment right at this minute

Q: When its right this minute....

A "I dont really want to get into that"

Q About TOs comments

A I didnt see them after the game.

Q Did you notice TO chirpin on the sideline

A No No I didnt

Q You gonna do something to get TO more involved

A When they put 2 guys on ya its hard to go there, you have to go elsewhere

Q What do you tell a young guy like pat watkins

A he needs to get it going

I also missed the exact question but he said TO is still learning the Offense

also they asked parcells about the finger pointing after the game and he said he hadnt seen any of that yet, so he couldnt comment on it

Edited by keggerz

You know, I'm all-in with the TO is a cancer crowd. But the media certainly plays a big part in it all. :D

As much as it pains me to say, I've gotta feel sorry for Parcells & Dallas fans alike to have to put up with all the BS that comes along with TO. It's not very much unlike the Barry Bonds mess. They bring a lot of it on themselves, but the media is quick to push every little issue that comes up & keep pushing it until they get the results they are looking for. As deserving as TO may be for a lot of went on with his former teams and now Dallas I see the media as a big instigator in the whole ordeal. What sucks the most about it is Owens is really a special player & a-hole or not, it's a shame not getting to see him be able to make use of that ability.

Edited by rajncajn

You know, I'm all-in with the TO is a cancer crowd. But the media certainly plays a big part in it all. :D

As much as it pains me to say, I've gotta feel sorry for Parcells & Dallas fans alike to have to put up with all the BS that comes along with TO. It's not very much unlike the Barry Bonds mess. They bring a lot of it on themselves, but the media is quick to push every little issue that comes up & keep pushing it until they get the results they are looking for. As deserving as TO may be for a lot of went on with his former teams and now Dallas I see the media as a big instigator in the whole ordeal. What sucks the most about it is Owens is really a special player & a-hole or not, it's a shame not getting to see him be able to make use of that ability.

While I am not a TO apologist or a Dallas fan, I have to give a big +1 on this. The media has gone from trying to report the news, accurately and unbiased, to trying to create the news. Nothing good can possibly come from this. If a normal person tried slandering people in the callous way today's media does, they'd be sued for millions. Media types run for the cover of the First Amendment.

Get rid of that amendment and you'll see better reporting.

Edited by The Wolf

The media has always played a role in all of this....every reporter wants the big scoop and tries to make nothing out of something.... Some players deservedly get the label as a trouble maker, cancer or whatever you want to call them.....while others get passes on anything they say or do.... being in the NY Metro area and being a Yankee fan and a Derek Jeter fan..... but his ego is just is big as anyone else's.... he could of resolved the whole Arod crap by coming to his defense....after all Jeter is the captain of the team and that is part of his role as the captain..... but no one in NY will ever bash Jeter......for off the field antics... even look at the year where he started off the season 0 for whatever...... everyone backed him....

But my point is some players are labeled as cancers and some as media darlings..... and that is determined by the media.... and once labeled you are stuck with that label

being in the NY Metro area and being a Yankee fan and a Derek Jeter fan..... but his ego is just is big as anyone else's.... he could of resolved the whole Arod crap by coming to his defense....after all Jeter is the captain of the team and that is part of his role as the captain.....

Not to get off-topic, but I see someone read the NY Daily News today...!

Agree on the scoop. In today's society, being steady and accurate and truthful gets a person no where. We like our celebrities to be outrageous, and loud and in trouble. It pays to create something out of nothing because that becomes a story in and of itself...

As deserving as TO may be for a lot of went on with his former teams and now Dallas I see the media as a big instigator in the whole ordeal. What sucks the most about it is Owens is really a special player & a-hole or not, it's a shame not getting to see him be able to make use of that ability.

Watching my TV yesterday, I didn't see any media folks badmouthing the coaches in public, nor were any of them screaming as the teams left the field.

Sure, they egg him on, but TO is a grade A asssssshole, period.

People need to realize that the press is just a magnifying glass, that's all. It doesn't make a good guy out of a bad guy or vice versa. But if you area good guy or a bad guy and you attract the attention of the magnifying glass (intentionally or not) everything you do and everything you are gets blown up bigger than life size for the world.

The instant you start to feel sorry for a guy like TO or Bonds, they've got you. They actually have you ignoring the facts you see through the looking glass and making decisions based on emotion. That's the only way thousands of fans can cheer for guys like them - blind emotion. The press can try and get a story or egg someone on (and they do) but the truth is what the truth is, they can't create reality.

People need to realize that the press is just a magnifying glass, that's all. It doesn't make a good guy out of a bad guy or vice versa. But if you area good guy or a bad guy and you attract the attention of the magnifying glass (intentionally or not) everything you do and everything you are gets blown up bigger than life size for the world.

The instant you start to feel sorry for a guy like TO or Bonds, they've got you. They actually have you ignoring the facts you see through the looking glass and making decisions based on emotion. That's the only way thousands of fans can cheer for guys like them - blind emotion. The press can try and get a story or egg someone on (and they do) but the truth is what the truth is, they can't create reality.

I agree with this and I have an additional comment. It's not always bad and good there is also the stupid who doesn't see it coming. Last year the media lined up TO for the big blow. "Do you think the Eagles would be undefeated if Favre was the QB?" The media set TO up and whether TO is bad or good is not the question on this one...he is stupid...not bright enough to see it coming.

I agree with this and I have an additional comment. It's not always bad and good there is also the stupid who doesn't see it coming. Last year the media lined up TO for the big blow. "Do you think the Eagles would be undefeated if Favre was the QB?" The media set TO up and whether TO is bad or good is not the question on this one...he is stupid...not bright enough to see it coming.

Bingo! The press didn't make TO think that McNabb wasn't good enough for him, he already thought that. The press just asked, and he told the truth. The fact is, there is no such thing as a QB good enough for TO, because no one will throw to him on every down.

I disagree, take for example last week the hit Scott Fujita put on Steve Smith. During the game Joe Buck proclaimed it a dirty hit & many of the media picked up on that despite the fact that it was shown on replay that he slipped & was commited to the tackle without seeing if the ball came out or not, despite the fact that co-host Aikman said he didn't think it was a dirty hit, despite the fact that Smith himself didn't think it was a dirty hit and despite the fact that Fujita has always been known as a clean player with no previous history of being a dirty player. I'll admit, even as a Saints fan, the negative media had me wondering. I'll also say again in response to your post that I am on the 'TO is a cancer' bandwagon. I'm only saying that the media makes it worse than what it probably is.

Does the world think someone named Scott Fujita is a dirty player now? Of course not. Cooler heads prevailed and the replay spoke for itself. Some reporters tried to get a story and it wasn't there because the systems polices itself. So what exactly did the media do to Fujita in the end?

ZIP.

Does the world think someone named Scott Fujita is a dirty player now? Of course not. Cooler heads prevailed and the replay spoke for itself. Some reporters tried to get a story and it wasn't there because the systems polices itself. So what exactly did the media do to Fujita in the end?

ZIP.

I saw plenty of news reports & analysts calling him a dirty player, I've seen nothing to date from the media defending or clearing him. No retractions, no reports, nothing. The story is no longer there, it's no longer sensational, so now it goes away.

Edited by rajncajn

I've gotta tell you, I am as much of a football junkie as the next guy, and I have never heard of this guy, so I'd like to know where all these reports were printed or broadcast. I'll bet no one in the world outside of NO has heard squat about this supposed controversy.

Also, you need to separate news from analysis. Any talking head analyst can say whatever he wants because it is his OPINION. Fujita doesn't need any "clearing" or "retractions" because he was never accused of anything in ANY official manner. If Jaws says Bledsoe is going to have a bad game and he has a good one, does he owe him an apology? Of course not.

I've gotta tell you, I am as much of a football junkie as the next guy, and I have never heard of this guy, so I'd like to know where all these reports were printed or broadcast. I'll bet no one in the world outside of NO has heard squat about this supposed controversy.

Also, you need to separate news from analysis. Any talking head analyst can say whatever he wants because it is his OPINION. Fujita doesn't need any "clearing" or "retractions" because he was never accused of anything in ANY official manner. If Jaws says Bledsoe is going to have a bad game and he has a good one, does he owe him an apology? Of course not.

If you don't know who Fujita is then I wouldn't call you a football junkie, I'd call you a fantasy junkie, there is a difference. Admittedly I wouldn't have known him if I weren't an IDP owner, a KC fan or a Dallas fan previously. But none-the-less Fujita is a 'known' player in NFL circles. Honestly, how many starting defensive lineups can you name outside of your own teams without looking it up on a depth chart? And to say "Jaws claiming someone is going to have a bad game" is no worse that calling someone a dirty player publicly is ridiculous. How can you possibly confuse slander with analysis? That's not even remotely the same thing.

It's not slander to say that in your opinion something was a dirty play. Again, you're talking about people who get paid to give their opinion. As for not knowing who he is, if he were an impact player, I'd know him.

Also, be careful, did they say he was a "dirty player" or that it was a "dirty play". There's a difference. One is a momentary lapse in judgement, the other is a pattern of this behavior (yes, Rodney Harrison, I'm talking about you.) And calling a player either of these things doesn't come close to rising to the level of slander.

And from the sound of it, the jury is still out. If there are people out there who have reviewed the play and still think it was a cheap shot, then what we have here is a difference of opinion, not a media conspiracy to ruin the career of a journeyman DB that no one cares about.

You're entitled to think that it was a clean play (and I agree with you, by the way) and those other folks are allowed to think otherwise.

you dont have to be from NO to know who fujita is