[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Should Reggie Bush Get Points for Punt Return TD?

mlittle1105

IN most leagues I've played in we award TD's to the individual that scored the TD AND to the ST/D. Only seems natural to me. NO different than a wr/qb scoring on a rushing TD or a qb/rb scoring on a receiving TD.

No different unless you consider that the QB threw the ball to the WR/RB, and a Punt Returner caught a kick.

Otherwsie it's exactly the same. :D

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No different unless you consider that the QB threw the ball to the WR/RB, and a Punt Returner caught a kick.

Otherwsie it's exactly the same. :D

But what if the WR/RB/TE/K throws it to the QB? Which was my point. It is not a "natural score" for that position.

If a kicker throws a TD pass do you give him the TD? OR do you give the special teams/defense the TD?

Ie Longwell threw a TD pass in week 2 against Carolina...

I'm in one league where it's double-counted - both the player and the DEF/ST get credit for the punt/kick returns for TD's. I like it that way. It really doesn't happen too often anyway - not many big-time skill position players returning kicks.

My league just drafts defense and no special teams, so if there is a TD on a punt return you have to have the individual player in your lineup. Wes Welker is pretty good in our league getting return yards and recieving yards.

If you want special teams junk need either the punt/kick returner or the kicker.

Edited by CD6405

But what if the WR/RB/TE/K throws it to the QB? Which was my point. It is not a "natural score" for that position.

If a kicker throws a TD pass do you give him the TD? OR do you give the special teams/defense the TD?

That's a big reach there. For FF purposes, I think most of us consider kickoffs and punts as special teams. We don't give points for FG's to STs/DT.

If a kicker throws a TD Pass, the ST gets 6 pts. We don't draft Kickers seperate from the ST.

And as soon as a ST steps on the field, any fake/miscue that results in a TD is awarded to the ST, not the player who scored that TD.

The HAG leagues just sent out a message saying Bush will get the TD. He won't get the yards of course, but will get the score.

I forgot about that one. So I guess I'm in two leagues like that.

Edited by Puddy

Yep. I'm with Bushwacked. Either the D/ST or the player, not both. Why not give them points for yards returned to? Wouldn't that be consistent :D

Yup, if you count both, then typically the only general reason to have STs is to have one guy scoring a TD for 2 teams. Seems awkward to me :D

We award the TD and the yards in my league.The yards are 1 point for 25 yards, punt or kick return yards.I feel like if the guy is out there performing even if it is special teams the points should be rewarded.

Yep. I'm with Bushwacked. Either the D/ST or the player, not both. Why not give them points for yards returned to? Wouldn't that be consistent :D

I'm of the opinion that KR/PR yards are kind of dicey and should'nt be touched. Is a 20 yard run from the line of scrimmage on a 2nd down for instance as impressive as a 20 yard kick return where the first 18 yards of ground covered might have no defenders? Because it can vary so much from that one example I think it's better left alone.....

If a passing TD can go to both the QB and the WR, why can't a return TD go to a RB and the D/ST? I know I'm in the minority, but just my two cents. (can't get the smily to work)

Because on a passing TD BOTH the QB and the receiver are involved in the play, that's why. You can NEVER award points to two different fantasy teams based on a play made by one guy. Simple.

...You can NEVER award points to two different fantasy teams based on a play made by one guy. Simple.

Says you. If you took the time to read the entire thread, you would see there are plenty of leagues that do, and plenty of people who like it. How about this for simple -- if you are opposed to the rule, don't play in a league that has it.

:D THIS IS WHY IT IS CALLED F A N T A S Y F O O T B A L L EACH LEAGUE HAS ITS OWN RULES AND SCORING SYSTEMS IF ONE LEAGUE GIVES THE RB AND THE D/ ST POINTS AND THE OTHERS DON'T WHO CARES. IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH YOUR LEAGUE RULE YOU SHOULD ADDRESS IT BEFORE THE SEASON STARTS.....

Edited by soco

Yup, if you count both, then typically the only general reason to have STs is to have one guy scoring a TD for 2 teams. Seems awkward to me :D

It should be in the rules and the time to debate it is before the season.

Like I said earlier I'm in a league without TD/ST and RB's can get kickoff points but not Punt Return points. That doesn't make any sense either but once the season starts is not the time to challenge it.

If I had a preference, I would like the points for the individual and the Def/Special Team. Of course, I've had players score KR or PR TDs with or without the benefit of getting points for it. So maybe once a year, a player you have on the roster that just so happens to play on a return team scores a return td. That's not going to bring any league out of wack or cause any problems that I can see.

I'm willing to bet that some of you play in leagues that score a touchdown to nobody including defenses. Do you get points in your league when an offensive player picks up a fumble and advances it for a TD?

Edited by MikesVikes