[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Should Reggie Bush Get Points for Punt Return TD?

mlittle1105

Sort of sums the argument and the owner doesn't have a leg to stand on so his complaint is moot. Bet if, in the past, the opposite was true he never said a word.

I am in leagues that do it either way. However... I am a strong believer in that if you start someone and they score a TD they should get the points. Most don't go along with that unfortunately.

Same here. Shoot, in one league I'm in if one of your starters returns any kick for a TD he gets 10 points. It's very rare but it does add value if you have to use someone like Dante Hall or Troy Brown when he was returning punts. JMHO.

Edited by The Holy Roller

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both the DEF/ST and the player get the TD in my local. No yardage points.

A couple of years ago, one team got double points because he was starting IND def and D Rhodes.

The Bush touchdown was a wash because my opponet started Bush and I had the Saints D.

Edited by drbob

In my local, just the DEF/ST, we ironed this out many years ago when Eric Metcalf used to play as a WR and returned punts or kicks.

I did notice that the Huddle MVP Challenge awarded Reggie Bush six points for his punt return for a TD in the last game. :D

Edited by Gunther

Both the DEF/ST and the player get the TD in my local. No yardage points.

A couple of years ago, one team got double points because he was starting IND def and D Rhodes.

The Bush touchdown was a wash because my opponet started Bush and I had the Saints D.

I agree that rules are rules beforehand and this argument is relatively minor. I would vote against this unique double bonus that never happens otherwise. The retarted example that I'm quoting above (no offense Dr. Rob, I just think it is silly) is precicesly why one player, or ST, scoring one TD on his own, should only count as one TD.

Edited by bushwacked

a few years ago i was playing against a guy who started a receiver who returned a kick or punt for a td. cbs sportsline wasn't set up to count it as a td, and i narrowly won. the commish tells me that, according to the league rules, should've counted, but i never saw a written version of the rules stating that. he changed the score, and i lost the game. i thought it knocked me out of the playoffs, but it didn't. i ended up winning the championship anyway, but i'm not in that league anymore.

I think it should be stated in your league rules, just like a lot of the guys here. If you want a player to be able to "double-dip" on points, then put it in your scoring system. Give the TD to the player who scored it and also to the DT/ST that he's on.

Sorry but it's not "double-dipping". The team gets points just as the player does in games. The same applies here.