[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

LT disappointment

bones1979

LT has 108 touches through the first 4 games in 2006. He had 93 through the first 4 games in 2005. TD total is way down at this point though. Why all the talk of him being hurt by the presence of Michael Turner. For those looking to trade him - who exactly are you looking to get back? What RB does not share carries at all. I saw Thomas Jones name in a previous post...Benson's 2 TDs last week did not scare you?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, writing's on the wall - can't you read?

I've played FF for 10 years and have done quite well thank you. Anytime a starting RB - stud like LT or otherwise - shares carries, any carries, their numbers go down. LT is a great player, but this is about fantasy production.

Bottom line - Turner's participation in the offense has and will continue to hurt LT from a fantasy perspective. Wear your rose colored glasses if you want, but I'm trading.

Runt is dead on here IMO. I own LT and he has been killing me or rather Marty has been killing me I guess. Week 1 SD is blowing out their opponent so he plays about 2.5 quarters (LT scored 16 in my league), same thing Week 2 (LT scored 20 for me) - I lose another close matchup while Turner again vultures carries from LT and outgains LT by 60+ yards, then a bye week, then 6 points in Week 4 and 4 points in Week 5. I lost in Week 1 by 2 points...think LT couldda got me those points if Marty keeps him in? Hell yes...but no Turner comes in and scores.

I could give a crap if LT is gonna be fresher for Week 13-16....especially if I don't make the playoffs (starting Week 14) because he hasn't been used enough in Weeks 1-13....yippee for LT and San Diego - they will be very happy together in Week 14-16 while those of us who own him sit here losing because he is not producing as he usually does for his fantasy owners.

KO'd

They are both staying on the field and Tomlinson sort of turns into an H-Back, which opens him up as a receiver. Tomlinson got a number of catches last week with Turner lined up as the lone back. It ain't like LT2 is coming off the field everytime Turner goes in.

Which also contributes to the lack of production by VJax and Malcolm Floyd. LT, in essence, has become the third receiver on many plays.

Name a RB that's been better this season. I have LJ in another league and I can tell you that I'd rather have LT. It's close, but I'd rather have LT.

Only 1? Per my league RB point totals these guys have all outscored LT:

Westbrook = 71 pts (no bye yet - but did not play in Week 4)

Gore = 60 pts (no bye yet)

LJohnson = 60 pts (bye on Week 3)

Portis = 54 pts (no bye yet - but did not play in Week 2)

RJohnson = 48 pts (bye on Week 5)

McCallister = 48 pts (no bye yet)

SJax = 46 pts (no bye yet)

L.T. = 46 pts (bye on Week 3)

Scoring in my league is as follows:

2pts / 25 yards rush/rec, 6 pts for TD of 1-39 yards, 9 pts for TD of 40-100 yards

Runt is dead on here IMO. I own LT and he has been killing me or rather Marty has been killing me I guess. Week 1 SD is blowing out their opponent so he plays about 2.5 quarters (LT scored 16 in my league), same thing Week 2 (LT scored 20 for me) - I lose another close matchup while Turner again vultures carries from LT and outgains LT by 60+ yards, then a bye week, then 6 points in Week 4 and 4 points in Week 5. I lost in Week 1 by 2 points...think LT couldda got me those points if Marty keeps him in? Hell yes...but no Turner comes in and scores.

I could give a crap if LT is gonna be fresher for Week 13-16....especially if I don't make the playoffs (starting Week 14) because he hasn't been used enough in Weeks 1-13....yippee for LT and San Diego - they will be very happy together in Week 14-16 while those of us who own him sit here losing because he is not producing as he usually does for his fantasy owners.

KO'd

LT is just the centerpiece. you still have to have a team around him that produces. yes, he singlehandedly can win games, but don't count on that week in and week out. if your losing, i don't think its because of LT. thats all i'm saying. this is my first yr owning him in any league. i'm happy with his results and will be moreso when they get better,which they will.

LT is going to get most all of the meaningful carries. As far as I could tell, towards the end of the PBurg game, when Turner was in, LT was split out. He was still getting touches when Turner was on the field.

I'd rather Turner grab a few carries late in a blow-out. This will help keep LT healthy and fresh. I'm not sure what you're smoking, but I don't think anyone could convince me that Turner is better than LT.

"some would argue that Turner is actually a better back then him. "

You must be smoking if you can't comprehend that the "some" did not include me.......

LOL! LT is still a top 3 back, if not THE best back in the league. Turner getting carries is a good thing because you want LT fresh for weeks 13-16 when it actually matters. I wouldn't trade LT for anyone straight up, only for 2+ frontline studs. The only reason you are down on him is because he's had a bye and two consecutive TOUGH rushing D's. As the season progresses the SD QB will become more seasoned and people will have to respect the pass more, thus opening up lanes for LT. If anything, now is the time to make trade offers FOR LT, not to trade him away.

What does everyone think about LT so far this season? Some have said he is hurt already(not proven) some would argue that Turner is actually a better back then him. What do the masses think about him? Are the 4td games over for this fantasy stud?

You must be talking to someone else,where have I said I was down on him. I am simply talking about how other people are talking about him. He is my keeper in my keeper league and I am not down on him. Read better next time.

Why was this thread started? Is this your first year in fantasy football? If so, then I can understand. Like someone mentioned earlier, no stud at their position puts up 100yds and a TD every game. He just played 2 very good defenses which is why his numbers the last two games have suffered. He will get his and in my estimation will be the best RB this year. Stop worrying wort.

You are an idiot. The thread was started due to the fact that most people I talk to are down on LT. I was just wondering what others think? I have been playing fantasy football for 7 years........

Just adding a bit of fuel to the fire:

Tomlinson's 1st 4 opponents:

Raiders 4.2 yards per carry avg.

Titans 3.7 yards per carry avg.

Ravens 3.6 yards per carry avg.

Steelers 2.8 yards per carry avg.

Turner (same opponents obviously):

While the carries came at different parts of the game, maybe later, maybe not - it does seem that Turner warrants more touches, not less. Like I said, great for the Chargers, not so great if you're an LT owner. The days of the huge blowout games for LT are probably over - this season anyway, and if they are, I'd rather trade him for a stud WR which I need and a solid #2 back who will be consistent.

I could be totally off the mark, but that's how I'm seeing it right now anyhow and am looking to act accordingly.

Ah I love it :bash: Of the top 3 LJ SA and LT, LJ had the most ?'s and everyine wanted to play down on him...well being a homer the decision was easier for me....but who's :D there head now :D

While the carries came at different parts of the game, maybe later, maybe not - it does seem that Turner warrants more touches, not less. Like I said, great for the Chargers, not so great if you're an LT owner. The days of the huge blowout games for LT are probably over - this season anyway, and if they are, I'd rather trade him for a stud WR which I need and a solid #2 back who will be consistent.

I could be totally off the mark, but that's how I'm seeing it right now anyhow and am looking to act accordingly.

I wouldn't trade him but unless he totally goes off against the next 4-5 teams (most are weak) then it could be alot less then what his owners expected. He will still outshine Alexander by far. He will still be in the top 3 by years end I would think. I just remember the titans game at half he had 2 td's 70 rushing and about 30-40 receiving. He ended the game with the same #'s and I lost that weak by only a few points.......

He is averaging 5.8 yards per reception though.

There seems to be a league wide trend towards sharing carries. There are very few 'solitary' back systems in place anymore. I'd be hard pressed to trade LT for virtually any other back... If you can land a top 3-4 WR and one of the few guys that's producing, has no question marks, and also isn't sharing much...well then maybe it's something to consider. But I think that's a tough deal to pull off as there aren't many other RB's that even fit that bill. Most of the guys who've 'out produced' LT haven't had their bye week yet, and in Westbrook's case, he's week to week on that knee. Of all the top 10 RB's I'm most comfortable that LT will get me top 3 #'s by season's end... and that's what I drafted him for.

There seems to be a league wide trend towards sharing carries. There are very few 'solitary' back systems in place anymore. I'd be hard pressed to trade LT for virtually any other back... If you can land a top 3-4 WR and one of the few guys that's producing, has no question marks, and also isn't sharing much...well then maybe it's something to consider. But I think that's a tough deal to pull off as there aren't many other RB's that even fit that bill. Most of the guys who've 'out produced' LT haven't had their bye week yet, and in Westbrook's case, he's week to week on that knee. Of all the top 10 RB's I'm most comfortable that LT will get me top 3 #'s by season's end... and that's what I drafted him for.

For my lineup, and it's important that I note MY lineup, a combination of a Torry Holt type WR and say a Frank Gore, Chester Taylor, Westbrook, Steven Jackson, or a RB of that ilk would be a better fit for my roster. Not everyone's lineup is the same obviously, but for my money, I'm trying to move LT to create better overall balance and week to week flexibility. I would not be doing this though if I were convinced in my own mind that LT could make up the difference like he has in year's past.

Edited by Cunning Runt

I totally understand that logic, and it makes sense to me... LT might not be the 'uber-stud' of year's past, but he's the best bet for actual 'stud' status outside of a few names. He's played perhaps 2 of the top 3 run defense league wide over the last 2 games, so it's a little harder to judge right now. If he posts 120yds and 2 td's this weekend, while sharing the ball... it'd be tough to give that up imo. If you can land Holt and a Steven Jackson type, that's plenty in return too... and probably makes you better overall given the flexibility issue. I don't think it's crazy to entertain trading LT, there's just so many question marks in the rb field in general, it's hard to due barring exactly the right deal.

Only 1? Per my league RB point totals these guys have all outscored LT:

Westbrook = 71 pts (no bye yet - but did not play in Week 4)

Gore = 60 pts (no bye yet)

LJohnson = 60 pts (bye on Week 3)

Portis = 54 pts (no bye yet - but did not play in Week 2)

RJohnson = 48 pts (bye on Week 5)

McCallister = 48 pts (no bye yet)

SJax = 46 pts (no bye yet)

L.T. = 46 pts (bye on Week 3)

Scoring in my league is as follows:

2pts / 25 yards rush/rec, 6 pts for TD of 1-39 yards, 9 pts for TD of 40-100 yards

Per 2 leagues I'm in:

Westbrook - avg. 28.75

LJ - avg. 24.75

LT - avg. 21.75

1pt per reception, 1pt per 10yds rush/rec., 6 pt tds + 1 bonus pt for every 10yds of the td.

Westbrook - avg. 20.5

LJ - 18.75

Rudi - 16

Portis - 16

LT - 15.5

To me, Westbrook and LJ seem to be the consistent players outperforming LT. However, Westbrook's knee scares the heck out of me, and LJ's line is getting worse not better. My point was that Westbrook seems to be the only one that is capable of having those huge 4 TD games more than once per year like LT used to and now that is a big if! It just doesn't seem like there's another RB that's having a big time season that I'd rather have.

Edited by NAUgrad

You do realize that Turner's presence on the field is not really coming at the expense of Tomlinson's, don't you? They are both staying on the field and Tomlinson sort of turns into an H-Back, which opens him up as a receiver. Tomlinson got a number of catches last week with Turner lined up as the lone back. It ain't like LT2 is coming off the field everytime Turner goes in.

With the way the Chargers defense is playing and Marty's obsession with running the ball, Turner getting some carries is best in the long run for LT owners, even if it does cut into the potential number of carries that he could have in that offense. LT owners (especially keeper league owners) don't want their guy getting 40 carries/game for a full season. And even non-LT-owners such as myself don't want to see a guy on pace for Canton having to retire prematurely at age 29.