Sign in to follow this  
Shorttynaz

Jerry Porter to the AZ CARDINALS?

I dont know if there is any truth to this but I live in the Phoenix area, and I have heard rumors on the radio that the Cardinals are finalizing a deal moving Leonard Davis (360 lb offensive lineman) and their 2007 2nd round pick to the Raiders for Jerry Porter and their 2007 1st round pick. I cant however find anything about this on the internet. Anyone else hear anything about this??????

with all of the wrs in arizona i don't see how that would help other than 2-5 weeks fitz is hurt.

Which is why it makes sense for them to do it. They are still 11M under the cap, so they can afford it. Rumor has it that although Fits is listed as 2-5 weeks, it could be longer, and possibly be out for the season. I dont know. I cant find anything.

We all know hammies stick around all year so even when Fitz comes back, he won't be at 100%. Not sure if Porter solves the problem but it will provide Leinart another target and Green probably thinks it could take some pressure off him.

Even if it happens, it seems to me that WRs who trade teams mid-stream never make much of a splash. It's definitely intriguing, but it's also hard to allocate a roster spot for a few weeks to this big a "maybe".

Even if it happens, it seems to me that WRs who trade teams mid-stream never make much of a splash. It's definitely intriguing, but it's also hard to allocate a roster spot for a few weeks to this big a "maybe".

I say he makes a couple of plays around week 10. In short, I don't think he'd be worth a roster spot.

I have looked around the net and found nothing. Let us know if you hear more .... but .... I wouldn't start trying to put him on your roster just yet.

I have read that Troy Walters will fill the #2 spot, NOT Johnson. Something to keep in mind.................

Any Raider HOMERS out there happen to hear anything about this? I still cant find anything. I just heard it again on the radio on my way home. They said that the deal is in the "works". May happen, may not..