[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Gonzo

HoustonCougars

I'm not going to argue that Gonzo is no longer an elite TE, but you could still do a lot worse.

I was just about to post something similar. He did have 78 catches for over 900 yards receiving last season. Yes, he only had 2 TDs, and yes, he is no longer the consistently productive week-in/week-out guy that he used to be. But there still aren't too many other TEs who put up better numbers. Even though his statistics have certainly fallen, at the end of the year I bet he is still a top 5 TE.

He's an average FF TE, but in the real football world, he's as elite as they come. The problem is the QB, and Herm Edwards is a super tool who doesn't know how to use him.

But as soon as the opposing team forgets about him, Gonzo will be gone for a 70 TD or a game with 3 TDs without even sweating.

I still don't understand why KC wanted Herm. Seemed stupid to me at the time. He's been consistantly under achieving with NYJ (ala Haslett) and put in a rookie HC and they start doing rather well. Go figure.

He's an average FF TE, but in the real football world, he's as elite as they come. The problem is the QB, and Herm Edwards is a super tool who doesn't know how to use him.

But as soon as the opposing team forgets about him, Gonzo will be gone for a 70 TD or a game with 3 TDs without even sweating.

I still don't understand why KC wanted Herm. Seemed stupid to me at the time. He's been consistantly under achieving with NYJ (ala Haslett) and put in a rookie HC and they start doing rather well. Go figure.

Jets fans were very happy to get rid of him....he doesnt seem like much of an X's and O's guy....but he is a good motivator...I think his problem is that he has too much allegiance to "his guys" in terms of the coordinators that he hires..... they are more of the problem

Jets fans were very happy to get rid of him....he doesnt seem like much of an X's and O's guy....but he is a good motivator...I think his problem is that he has too much allegiance to "his guys" in terms of the coordinators that he hires..... they are more of the problem

you could be right. I'm not that familiar with Herm except that he was constantly losing big games and even small games with NYJ and bitching ALL the time about his contract. NYJ barely wanted him. :D that should've been KC first clue. The second clue should've been how many wins he had with Jets.

• 3 weeks later...