[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

BEARS @ Cardinals THREAD

Goopster24

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Men-U-Do can admit his team's faults too and I'll leave it at this: You seem to be getting pretty obsessed with trying to convince people how this particular game was won, and it doesn't really matter. This was a bizzare choke job coupled with some opportunistic special teams/defensive plays. Besides that, Grossman looked absolutely horrible and a rookie QB with no O-line was picking apart the vaunted Bears D, before Green decided to play Marty Ball. And once the Cards fell behind, Leinhart moved his team up to the 20 yard line with relative ease.

I think a lot of people's take are now the Bears are a lot more vulnerable then everyone thought a week ago.

:bash: Ummmm, I said all that.... :D

.... :D

Edited by Goopster24

And you also used this gramelin.... :D when I said it earlier.

:D

That was to this:

"The Bears won, so why as a fan, can't you be satisfied with that instead of trying to convince everyone, or someone in particular that has appeared to stop arguing with you, otherwise?"

Makes sense right? :bash:

I'm sorry, but maybe you were watching a different game than I was. The Bears' defense did play great in the second half. Leinart was only 11 for 24 for 107 yards in the second half. Driving on them like Montana? Blowing through, and shredding the defense? You must be kidding. Face it, neither is accurate. The defense held Edge to 19 yards on 17 second half carries. They forced 2 fumbles both of which they returned for TDs. Yeah, despite Arizona pulling a choke job for the ages, Chicago's D played great in the second half. Pull your head out of your a$s and you'd see it. :D:bash:

actually, i was sort of joking. trying to irritate those I was debating with. :clap:

But, 107 yards in the second half is not driving on them? on 11 completions? you have to be kidding me.

The best defense in eons, and a rookie QB, and you're telling me they played great? Leinart did more than anyone thought he could. Maybe that's because of Leinart, or maybe that's because the CHI D didn't play that well against the pass. :D

Well said. After sleeping on this crazy game, I still don't see how someone can just say the Bears did nothing to deserve the win in this game. That cannot be farther from the truth. The Bears defense did incredible in the second half and Urlacher put the whole team on his back and helped win this game. Loogie, you still haven't addressed the point that as good as Leinart was "shredding up the Bears defense", he only had three points to show for it in the second half. That says something, I'm sorry.

I have not once said the bears did nothing to deserve it. In fact, I said the Bears are the only team in the NFL that could've pulled off this win. No other team would've won this. And no other team would've given it to them but Arizona. The Bears D maid some very special plays right when the oppurtunities where there HOWEVER, thos oppurtunities SHOULD NOT HAVE been there. that's what I'm saying.

If you think Leinart couldn't have drove down and scored some TDs, you're being a homer. He was doing great and they still kept going to the run. Playing very conservative and Rackers missed the game winner, and IIRC another FG in the 2nd half, so that would've been 9 points. And if they would've let him actually throw more, it MIGHT'VE been 13 points. 2 FGs and 1 TD. But it didn't happen, so I digress...

Actually it was a total blocking missfire by the Cards O'line that resulted in the first Bears TD. Pretty sure it was Ross Oliver that didn't bother to block Anderson.

Anderson, who was left untouched, just ran in & slobber knocked the living daylights out of Lienhart from his blind side.

Brown then had the easy scoop for the 3 yard TD.

Gotta put that TD on the Cards O'line in general & Ross Oliver in particular.

Good job by the Bears D to take full advantage of the free shot on Lienhart though.

Well, you are correct, however, this is the Bears D, going up against the pitiful Cards 0-line, so I'm more than happy to give the credit to the Defense. Maybe they confused the o-line (i couldn't even type it without laughing :D but maybe they did.) Blown coverages and blown missed blocks happen. It should've happened alot more based on how good this defense is and how terrible that o-line is, but it didn't.

Grossman has learned from all his mistakes up to this point in the season so I expect him to grow. I totally agreed with what Steve Young was saying. As for why the Cardinals got away from that stuff, that's playcalling and that's coaching.

so we do agree. :whew: I can finally rest. :D

Men-U-Do can admit his team's faults too and I'll leave it at this: You seem to be getting pretty obsessed with trying to convince people how this particular game was won, and it doesn't really matter. This was a bizzare choke job coupled with some opportunistic special teams/defensive plays. Besides that, Grossman looked absolutely horrible and a rookie QB with no O-line was picking apart the vaunted Bears D, before Green decided to play Marty Ball. And once the Cards fell behind, Leinhart moved his team up to the 20 yard line with relative ease.

I think a lot of people's take are now the Bears are a lot more vulnerable then everyone thought a week ago.

+1 I wish I could be that well spoken.

I would like to nominate Loogie for "Most Approriate Avy for His Posts Award."

:D It is appropriate, because I do it nearly every hour reading half the crap on here by blind homers.

107 yards in the second half is not driving on them? on 11 completions? you have to be kidding me.

First of all, I never said that Leinart could not or did not drive on Chicago. Actually, I said that I thought Leinart played well and looked poised beyond his years. Go check my posts.

But what YOU said was that Leinart was "driving on them like Montana" and was "blowing through" and "shredding" the defense. I am sorry, but none of those statements have any basis in reality.

The fact is, 11 for 24 for 107 yards is a 58.85 QB rating. :D

That simply cannot be accurately characterized as "blowing through" or "shredding" any defense. And for the record, Montana had a 92.3 career QB rating.

Edited by Skrappy1

First of all, I never said that Leinart could not or did not drive on Chicago. Actually, I said that I thought Leinart played well and looked poised beyond his years. Go check my posts.

But what YOU said was that Leinart was "driving on them like Montana" and was "blowing through" and "shredding" the defense. I am sorry, but none of those statements have any basis in reality.

The fact is, 11 for 24 for 107 yards is a 58.85 QB rating. :D

That simply cannot be accurately characterized as "blowing through" or "shredding" any defense. And for the record, Montana had a 92.3 career QB rating.

The comparisons to Montana and the over stating of his performance were purely to sound ammusing to myself if no one else. :D That is all.

But the fact is, 107 yards on 11 completions is driving on a team, and driving well. I retract my Montana statements, I was just screwing around. In fact, I apologize for my statement. Fair enough?