[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Denny Green

Bill Swerski

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone see his post-game interview. Wow... I don't think I've ever seen anyone punch a microphone before. He made Bobby Knight look downright docile. :D

It was rather humerous. I just saw it on Sportscenter. You have to feel bad for the guy. He's done everything in his power to get this team to where it needs to be, and he has coached them well enough to where they now should be 4-2. At what point do you just have to say, "Wow, this team is just cursed to be a winning team?"

The sad thing about D Green and the Cardinals that really gets me about this game is this:

Before this game NO ONE had given the Cardinals a chance and thought that they would be steamrolled by the Bears. But in the back of everyone's mind they thought you know, if the Cardinals play them close and give them a good game, they will show the NFL that they're not that bad. AND that's exactly how it will look for anyone who DID NOT watch this game. Damn, they must have played a good game. They almost beat the best team in the NFL. But nope.. What are we going to be reading tomorrow? The Cardinals are pathetic! They blew ANOTHER game. They're horrible! Oh well.. What can you do?

The Cardinals just blew a game of absolute historic proportions. CHI only had one field goal offensively and won 24-23.

Absolutely amazing.

And I agree with the previous post. They must be cursed.

It was rather humerous. I just saw it on Sportscenter. You have to feel bad for the guy. He's done everything in his power to get this team to where it needs to be, and he has coached them well enough to where they now should be 4-2. At what point do you just have to say, "Wow, this team is just cursed to be a winning team?"

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME?!?! SERIOUSLY? SERIOUSLY? He's coached them well enough to where they should be 4-2? OH MY F'ING GOD. They should be 4-2 DESPITE THAT LOSER OF AN OVER RATED LOSER HEAD COACH!!! AARRRRGHHHH :D

He is the reason they keep losing. He's the reason they've lost since he's been there. Look at the Saints. Haslett just couldn't get it done, and Payton is proving it.

Green is the same way. all that talent and no place to go. that O-line proved tonight, they're not that bad. It's the coaching. Period. Point blank.

edit: i think I blew a blood vessel on that post. whew. that one hurt.

Edited by LooGie

The sad thing about D Green and the Cardinals that really gets me about this game is this:

But nope.. What are we going to be reading tomorrow? The Cardinals are pathetic! They blew ANOTHER game. They're horrible! Oh well.. What can you do?

Green lost this game with feeble play calling down the stretch.

Green lost this game with feeble play calling down the stretch.

Not really. It's a lot easier to move the ball in between the 20's than it is in the red zone and they already turned the ball over twice on fumbles. If your kicker can't make a 40-yd FG with the game on the line, you need to fire the kicker, not the coach.

The Cardinals just blew a game of absolute historic proportions. CHI only had one field goal offensively and won 24-23.

Absolutely amazing.

And I agree with the previous post. They must be cursed.

With his long tenure in Minnesota, Denny should be used to manning the wheel of a cursed team.

Not really. It's a lot easier to move the ball in between the 20's than it is in the red zone and they already turned the ball over twice on fumbles. If your kicker can't make a 40-yd FG with the game on the line, you need to fire the kicker, not the coach.

They couldn't run the ball between the 20s, the 30s or even in the locker room. But what did Denny do? call run plays. Passing? worked great. "soooo...let's run that sucker" Denny lost the game. Rackers helped.

edit: it shoud've NEVER came down to a FG anyway. Not even close. Admit that, please.

Edited by LooGie

+ 1 on the missing FGs from last years top kicker. No need to fire him, yet.

Keith Rowen is the OC.

Not sure if he calls the plays though...

you may be right. but he has the authority to call plays, and overturn plays, obviously. Sooo..be a head coach, and go with what works. Leinart wasn't turning anything over against a great bears d. Stick with it. Edge wasn't doing crap...get away from it. It's elementary, i would think. :D

Edited by LooGie

he took the game out of Lienarts hand.

He didnt adress the O Line in the offseason

Its his fault.

If I were Mrs. Green, I think I would be looking to stay in a Holiday Inn by myself tonight.

she'll probably be sleeping with Leinart. Who would even want to talk to that idiot? Seriously? How he managed another year as an HC, i'll never understand.

Now he's the GM and owner too? Wow, Denny is a powerful man. :D

so you're saying the HC has no say in the off season acquisitions? He didn't fight for Edge when they have an O-line that is like butter?

This isn't OAK we're talking about here. Green actually has control of this team (for the most part).

so you're saying the HC has no say in the off season acquisitions? He didn't fight for Edge when they have an O-line that is like butter?

This isn't OAK we're talking about here. Green actually has control of this team (for the most part).

Al Davis will open up the checkbook for his team. Green has to still deal with the Bidwills.