[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Denny Green

Bill Swerski

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it was only 3 points. :D

And only a moran would argue that his play calling was good. If there were some misdirection plays, or shovel/swing/screen passes, I wouldn't even be talking about play calling. Again, it was only about 20% of the problems last night, by my judgement.

Oh, I'm not saying that it was "good", but to even IMPLY that it was a major factor in them losing the game is just ridiculous.

There you go Swerski. So now what? are you gonna disappear and never come back to this thread again like when we argued about CPep being a franchise QB and never leaving MIN no matter what happens? :D

Mark another one up to LooGie :D

I understand his point but how long do you beat a dead horse. The running game was not getting the job done and they were praying for that clock to run out instead of trying to preserve the win.

There you go Swerski. So now what? are you gonna disappear and never come back to this thread again like when we argued about CPep being a franchise QB and never leaving MIN no matter what happens? :D

Mark another one up to LooGie :D

No, I'll stay right here and tell you that you don't know what you're talking about.

Why Green would fire his OC is beyond me. He should fire his O-line and Special Teams coaches instead. Then again, Green has never made wise decisions regarding his staff, so I'm not really surprised.

I understand his point but how long do you beat a dead horse. The running game was not getting the job done and they were praying for that clock to run out instead of trying to preserve the win.

I have no need to prove my point, you just did. The running game was not getting the job done and they were praying for the clock to run out? Denny can add "praying" to his resume and list of job duties now.

No, I'll stay right here and tell you that you don't know what you're talking about.

Why Green would fire his OC is beyond me. He should fire his O-line and Special Teams coaches instead. Then again, Green has never made wise decisions regarding his staff, so I'm not really surprised.

Yet another reason why he should be the one losing his job....

It seems as thought you dont know what you're talking about, It's beyond you. You just said so. I'll be leaving now. I look forward to the next debate, and hope there's no hard feelings. I do enjoy a good debate. It's just so hard to find one with you around :D

Given that it's impossible (and almost unfathomable) to predict one's offense and specials teams to give up three TDs in less than one quarter, I would've doen the same thing.

It seems as thought you dont know what you're talking about, It's beyond you. You just said so. I'll be leaving now. I look forward to the next debate, and hope there's no hard feelings. I do enjoy a good debate. It's just so hard to find one with you around :D

Yeah, you're right. It was the offensive coordinator's fault last night. I mean, geez, only 23 offensive points against the best defense in the NFL. He blows. :D

Given that it's impossible (and almost unfathomable) to predict one's offense and specials teams to give up three TDs in less than one quarter, I would've doen the same thing.

But when it is happening, when it is really happening, and you can feel the momentum changing and you can feel and see the worried look of the fans and players you must make a change. They tried to run out the clock and really had no success. Sure the Bears got lucky to have two defensive TD's, a special teams TD and a FG miss by Rackers but AZ let it get to that. It never should have been, especially after you could sense it happening.

Yeah, you're right. It was the offensive coordinator's fault last night. I mean, geez, only 23 offensive points against the best defense in the NFL. He blows. :D

I agree Bill, they had a great game plan and it was working to perfection-for one half. They became lazy, predictable and uneffective though and there was no need for it.

But when it is happening, when it is really happening, and you can feel the momentum changing and you can feel and see the worried look of the fans and players you must make a change. They tried to run out the clock and really had no success. Sure the Bears got lucky to have two defensive TD's, a special teams TD and a FG miss by Rackers but AZ let it get to that. It never should have been, especially after you could sense it happening.

There is no way you could sense anything. 3 fluke plays cost the game! That's it! It wasn't the play calling, it was 3 fluke plays by a very good D/ST.

That's not the fault of the offensive coordinator or the play-calling.

I can't believe that I'm defending Denny Green, but my God... if only THREE of those four fu@k-ups occurred, the Cards would've won and the Monday Morning Quarterbacks would be praising Denny Green for "remaining poised and composed in the face of disaster." :D

I agree Bill, they had a great game plan and it was working to perfection-for one half. They became lazy, predictable and uneffective though and there was no need for it.

The only plays that were working were pass plays. That's it. The run didn't work all night. Sweeps, swing passes, non of it worked. You can't call pass plays to kill the clock. That's stupid. The only thing you can do is give the ball to your RB who hadn't fumbled in forever and tell him to try and find a crease. When Chicago puts 8-9 men in the box. No running play is going to work. Not one.

The only plays that were working were pass plays. That's it. The run didn't work all night. Sweeps, swing passes, non of it worked. You can't call pass plays to kill the clock. That's stupid. The only thing you can do is give the ball to your RB who hadn't fumbled in forever and tell him to try and find a crease. When Chicago puts 8-9 men in the box. No running play is going to work. Not one.

Killing the clock was key. And it was the right thing to do, given that caliber of defense they were playing and how outstanding ARI's own defense was performing.

Edited by Bill Swerski

Killing the clock was key. And it was the right thing to do, given that caliber of defense they were playing and how outstanding ARI's own defense was performing.

I agree with you completely on this one. I don't usually, but your right on this.

There is no way you could sense anything. 3 fluke plays cost the game! That's it! It wasn't the play calling, it was 3 fluke plays by a very good D/ST.

Sure I could. I could sense the momo change and Icould sense that Arizona was in trouble. Even when Rackers was attempting his FG I knew one of two things, he would miss it or the Bears would get the ball back and win on a kickoff return or a Rex Grossman pass. I could sense it, honest.

That's not the fault of the offensive coordinator or the play-calling.

I can't believe that I'm defending Denny Green, but my God... if only THREE of those four fu@k-ups occurred, the Cards would've won and the Monday Morning Quarterbacks would be praising Denny Green for "remaining poised and composed in the face of disaster." :D

One thing, or six things, that is lost in this discussion is the fact that the Bears turned the ball over 6 times. Let me say that again, SIX TIMES. You should not lose a game when you are +6 in turnovers and the offense does not score a touchdown. Something went very wrong in AZ and it wasnt simply player execution. This was a complete meltdown by the AZ coaching staff.

One thing, or six things, that is lost in this discussion is the fact that the Bears turned the ball over 6 times. Let me say that again, SIX TIMES. You should not lose a game when you are +6 in turnovers and the offense does not score a touchdown.

I agree. It's crazy.

Something went very wrong in AZ and it wasnt simply player execution. This was a complete meltdown by the AZ coaching staff.

Why do you automatically assume that "it wasn't simply player execution"? Why is it so unfathomable that ARI's players are really that bad... or that they just played that poorly last night? Let's take a look at the four pivotal plays where the Bears scored their last 21 points...

(1) Anderson blows right by the RT, sacks Leinart, and the ball comes loose. Mike Brown picks it up and scores. The RT completely missed Anderson. In fact, he didn't block anybody... he just stood there waiting for somebody to block while his QB was blindsided. Is that his fault? Perhaps. Or was the pass protection scheme the O-coordinator's fault? That possible as well. Blame could go both ways.

(2) Urlacher stips Edge and Tillman runs the ball into the endzone. That's all on Edge. He needs to hold onto the ball.

(3) Hester runs a punt back 83 yds for a TD. The punt coverage team completely blew it. Could the punt coverage scheme have been flawed? Perhaps, but it's more likely that they were either overpowered by good blocking, missed tackles, or failed to stay in their coverage lanes.

(4) Rackers misses a 40-yd FG. At home. In ideal weather. And the snap and hold were right on. Nobody to blame but Rackers.

So even if we attribute the failed pass-blocking on the Leinart sack/Bears TD to a bad scheme, the Cards still should've won 23-10. The players flat-out blew it.