[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

impact of Tiki news on Brandon Jacobs this year?

Roustabout

Sorry if this has been discussed in one of the various Tiki threads, but what do people think will be the impact of the Tiki news on Jacobs this year?

Might Jacobs see more carries as a bit of a test run -- to see whether the Giants do need to think about bringing in someone like Turner or not?

Or might Tiki get more carries than he would have otherwise in an effort to help him go out with a bang?

Zero.

This whole Tiki retirement crapp is about the most overplayed story this side of TO. He won't retire, we all know it.

Can we move on?

Did you hear his press conference today....he said he is definitely going to retire. No wiggle room in his statements at all. Only one "moving on" will be Tiki.

KO'd

tiki is saying he will retire because he wants his contract reworked mark my words ...he wil not retire he will get a better signing bonus this is his specs:

Barber currently is signed through 2008. His salary is $4.15 million in 2006, and $4.15 million in 2007 and 2008.

He signed his most recent deal in 2005, which paid him a $1.65 million signing bonus and increased his base pay from $4.25 million to a guaranteed $6 million.

tiki is saying he will retire because he wants his contract reworked mark my words ...he wil not retire he will get a better signing bonus this is his specs:

Barber currently is signed through 2008. His salary is $4.15 million in 2006, and $4.15 million in 2007 and 2008.

He signed his most recent deal in 2005, which paid him a $1.65 million signing bonus and increased his base pay from $4.25 million to a guaranteed $6 million.

Glad you have it all figured out. :D

Tiki is an absolute class act. If he says he is going to retire, than he's retireing. This has absolutely nothing to do with wanting more money. If he wanted more money to stay, he'd tell the giants management behind closed doors, and they'd give it to him. He's been saying for almost 2 years now that he will retire early so he can pursue off the field opportunities that are available to him. He wants to walk away with his health and not have to deal with a permanent limp at the age of 40. As a giant fan I hate to see him go early, but I certainly respect his decision. As far as if anything changes, no. Jacobs will be used the same way he has been used this season. And yes, he is the real deal and can fill in just fine next year.

Glad you have it all figured out. :D

Tiki is an absolute class act. If he says he is going to retire, than he's retireing. This has absolutely nothing to do with wanting more money. If he wanted more money to stay, he'd tell the giants management behind closed doors, and they'd give it to him. He's been saying for almost 2 years now that he will retire early so he can pursue off the field opportunities that are available to him. He wants to walk away with his health and not have to deal with a permanent limp at the age of 40. As a giant fan I hate to see him go early, but I certainly respect his decision. As far as if anything changes, no. Jacobs will be used the same way he has been used this season. And yes, he is the real deal and can fill in just fine next year.

+1. tiki has no reason to beat around the bush. if he wanted more money, he'd just say it, and he'd get it. It's not about the money with him. you can tell, when he talks, he feels LUCKY to be where he's at. I think he actually looks at his career like he didnt deserve it, but fought hard for where he's at. He said at the beginning of this year, nothing upsets him more than seeing a star hang on too long (he was referring to Faulk) and I bet he feels like this year is harder than last year, and next year would be nearly impossible for him. He's no dummy, and knows when to hold em, and when to fold em.

Zero.

This whole Tiki retirement crapp is about the most overplayed story this side of TO. He won't retire, we all know it.

Can we move on?

If he does they probably will go after Burner Turner, again no change for Jacobs.