[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade

theeohiostate

Jennings, Greg

Johnson, Larry

Moss, Santana

for

Benson, Cedric

Boldin, Anquan

Jones, Thomas

Portis, Clinton

Firstly, i do not own either team, nor care about the end result of the deal.

This trade was proposed, accepted and processed by the commish this morning. As soon as the trade went through , it emailed the entire league and then the owner who proposed the deal said he did not intend to have offered up Portis in the deal, he checked him on accident.

Now many of you i'm sure feels it's each owners responcibilty to check his offers before submitting them, which i agree as well. My question is, shouldn't both owners be content with the deal after it's done and if not what would you suggest the commish to do, if anything?

While i agree the commish should process the trade, i agree the owner who got the better end should want to keep it that way, i can't help but to question the offer owners intent as he submitted the deal.

Would you:

A. Say tough luck to the owner who screwed up

B. Say tough luck to the owner who jumped on a great deal and have it reversed

C. Don't say anything and let it go as is, the trade is done and processed and that is that

Other, explain.

I know it's the individual owners responsibility to double check trades, but if it's true that he accitdentally included Portis then that needs to be fixed. Both owners need to be asked what the deal originally was before the trade was processed. If the trade didn't include Portis, then he needs to be taken out of the trade. Easily solved.

Jennings, Greg

Johnson, Larry

Moss, Santana

for

Benson, Cedric

Boldin, Anquan

Jones, Thomas

Portis, Clinton

Firstly, i do not own either team, nor care about the end result of the deal.

This trade was proposed, accepted and processed by the commish this morning. As soon as the trade went through , it emailed the entire league and then the owner who proposed the deal said he did not intend to have offered up Portis in the deal, he checked him on accident.

Now many of you i'm sure feels it's each owners responcibilty to check his offers before submitting them, which i agree as well. My question is, shouldn't both owners be content with the deal after it's done and if not what would you suggest the commish to do, if anything?

While i agree the commish should process the trade, i agree the owner who got the better end should want to keep it that way, i can't help but to question the offer owners intent as he submitted the deal.

Would you:

A. Say tough luck to the owner who screwed up

B. Say tough luck to the owner who jumped on a great deal and have it reversed

C. Don't say anything and let it go as is, the trade is done and processed and that is that

Other, explain.

B

I know it's the individual owners responsibility to double check trades, but if it's true that he accitdentally included Portis then that needs to be fixed. Both owners need to be asked what the deal originally was before the trade was processed. If the trade didn't include Portis, then he needs to be taken out of the trade. Easily solved.

agreed. I made a post on our site stating that if i was part of the deal and did this by accident, i'd like the other owner to reverse the deal , and if i had accepted the deal and heard the other owner upset afterwards it'd be easy to figure that wasn't what he wanted and i'd reverse it no problems asked.

In the end i don't know if the commish should step in or if the owners should handle this like honest men.

Only problem with this is if the 2 never talked about the trade before hand and it was just sent via mail and dude seen it and accepted.

I would ask the 2 owners if they talked about it ahead of time before the trade. if they say yeah than the 1 owner should not be a Richard Head about it and accept the offer that they talked about. if no talks happened and it was just via mail than I think you have to let the trade go through unless the other owner decides to let the guy off the hook.

This is what I would do.if it was just via mail there is the possibility after the trade the guy realized he made a bad deal and tried to squirm out of it . that would not be fair to the other guy.

Message just posted from unhappy trade owner, seems like an honest mistake, i can hope the dude that accepted the deal will stand up and take this away from any decision the commish or other owners may face and allow the trade to be reversed.

It was NOT my intention to give up Portis, I dont want

everyone to be mad by appealing this trade, but I'm not

satisfied. Last thing i want to do is cause problems in a

new fantasy lge.

It was an honest mistake, by counter offering his proposal

Portis stayed highlighted and i sent the trade and headed

off to work.

I can deal with it if i have to.

I'm not gonna lady dog and moan over this, but like i said it

was a mistake. I'd love for the trade to be reversed BUT

thats up to everyone else in the lge not me. Sorry for

stirring oh poopy up....

The player who received Portis by accident should also be emailing you and asking for a change. If he doesn't, well :D

I agree here. If the team that got Portis knows it wasn't part of the deal he should be returned. If not, I don't want that guy in my league.

Reverse the trade. It's a no-brainer. He may not admit it, but the guy that would have received Portis in the deal has to understand that no one in their right mind would have proposed that deal on purpose and he needs to take the guy's word that it was a mistake. He'll get over it quick.

I find it hard to believe anyone would make that trade without Portis...what a snowjob.

you may be right, but if so, why would they offer it up and be upset the moment it was accepted?

That makes less sense then your theory.

What makes it more beleivable to me, is i've gotten offers , LOTS of offers from this guy and i haven't seen one i'd remotely consider taking. So with that fact, i'm armed with the knowledge that he overvalues his players and sees the deal as being

Jones-Benson equals LJ

Boldin equals Moss and Jennings

And i've tried multiple times to aquire Portis and i can tell you, he aint coming off of him that easy.

Edited by theeohiostate

Reverse the trade. It's a no-brainer. He may not admit it, but the guy that would have received Portis in the deal has to understand that no one in their right mind would have proposed that deal on purpose and he needs to take the guy's word that it was a mistake. He'll get over it quick.

You do this and you open yourself up to a world of problems at later dates with other trades. this has to be dealt with right. if the 2 players did not talk about it before hand and it was sent and accepted by the other party..you have to let it through unless the other party lets him off the hook.

Of course this is JMO.

From TOCOL scoring:

Jennings, Greg #23 WR 77.4 FF pts

Johnson, Larry #3 RB 125.2 FF pts

Moss, Santana #8 WR 96.1 FF pts

for

Benson, Cedric #44 RB 39.9 FF pts

Boldin, Anquan #3 WR 114.9 FF Pts

Jones, Thomas #18 RB 99.2 FF pts

Portis, Clinton #8 RB 99.2 FF Pts

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited - my other league w/ ppr for WRs & TEs but not for RBs. It worked that way too with Portis, but not a chance it works without him.

Jennings, Greg #22 WR 74.4 FF pts

Johnson, Larry #4 RB 87.1 TT pts

Moss, Santana #9 WR 99.7 FF pts

for

Benson, Cedric #42 RB 29.0 FF pts

Boldin, Anquan #3 WR 108.3 FF pts

Jones, Thomas #19 RB 59.4 FF pts

Portis, Clinton #6 RB 86.5 FF Pts

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree. The trade doesn't work without Portis thrown in. Jones/Benson is essentially 1 player. The #3 RB for the #8 RB & #18 RB with the #8 WR & #23 WR exchanged for the #3 WR? That's about dead even with Portis thrown in. It's completely out of balance without Portis.

The trade stands. It's a fair deal with Portis & way one-sided without him.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Only problem with this is if the 2 never talked about the trade before hand and it was just sent via mail and dude seen it and accepted.

I would ask the 2 owners if they talked about it ahead of time before the trade. if they say yeah than the 1 owner should not be a Richard Head about it and accept the offer that they talked about. if no talks happened and it was just via mail than I think you have to let the trade go through unless the other owner decides to let the guy off the hook.

This is what I would do.if it was just via mail there is the possibility after the trade the guy realized he made a bad deal and tried to squirm out of it . that would not be fair to the other guy.

this is preciesly why this trade needs to go through. You need to check your sh!t before sending your sh!t. If you don't, you're an idiot and deserve to lose whoever it is you dind't want to include anyway.

Plus, it sounds like this is a Yahoo league you're talking about, and if it is, you have the oppurtunity to view the trade and hit cancel, even AFTER sending the proposal. :D Tough sh!t, he's an idiot and/or a cheat.

if portis wasnt included in the trade there would be no trade

jennings, johnson and moss would not be traded for benson boldin and jones by anybody in their right mind.

I, Whomper, agree with the post that I have have quoted above me. Im not using this post to pad im simply reassuring the huddler who posted the quote above that I am in agreement with the general sentiments of their post ©

For what it is worth......I am on the receiving end of Portis. The dumbass that offered me the trade sends 20 offers a day for L.J.. I kindly reject his ridiculous offers and in the reply box tell him what it will take to get L.J. The next morning I awake I have the offer in my inbox........My take on it is..............He knows exactly what he offered and now regrets it once it was accepted....Not a hard core FF owner but tough shiat!!!! Put your toys away and learn how to play with the Big Boys. By the way, he posted 11 hours after the trade was accepted that he made a mistake.

After reviewing my mail, he offered me the trade at 6:33 A.M. I accepted it at 8:00 A.M. At 12:53 he posted on the message board that he made a mistake. At 1:12 P.M. he offered me another trade of K. Johnson and M. Vick for Portis but did not mention a thing about a mistake. I feel that if he really made a mistake, he should have contacted me and tried to work it out versus posting on the board 1st.

This is what takes the fun out of fantasy football when you have children in your league that don't know oh poopy and will trash a league.

Edited by Popeye

I agree. Trades are better done through email rather than website sponsored check boxes. Emails are the best way for owners to "put it in writing" with no ands, ifs , or buts. With email, you get a proposal AND a confirmation. :D

and the guy trying to rip him off by holding to something he knows he did not agree to should be deamed a prick

And the guy that would say this must be deemed a prick. Are you telling me on cbs sportsline you do not know what your trade offer is. Bull sh*t. You make an offer, and your screen immediately reloads and shows you the offer you just made. Now, wouldn't 100 out of 100 team owners look at their offer to make sure it went through.

I guess I could have been a prick when Fitz went down. I traded for him on Sunday before the game and then he got hurt. Oh I didn't mean to do that. Commish can we reverse the trade. I didn't mean to make that trade.

This situation reeks with bad ownership. For all of you who think I am wrong heres to you :D

It really does sound like buyer's remorse after the trade was accepted. I find it exceptionally hard to believe that someone would make a mistake like that and not catch it immediately. It's also hard to overlook the fact that the trade makes no sense without Portis.

As a commish, I say the trade stands. If the owners want to work something out, that's fine, but it's a valid trade.