[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade

theeohiostate

It really does sound like buyer's remorse after the trade was accepted. I find it exceptionally hard to believe that someone would make a mistake like that and not catch it immediately. It's also hard to overlook the fact that the trade makes no sense without Portis.

As a commish, I say the trade stands. If the owners want to work something out, that's fine, but it's a valid trade.

Agreed. After listening to so much bull oh poopy from Thee Ohio State, I gave the dipsh*t his players back. LESSON learned. Get the hell out of this league next year. By the way, me and TOS are in the same division and he is leading me by two games :D so I can see why he didn't want the trade to go through.

I guess on an upbeat note, it is clear now that if I make a bad trade there is no need to worry as I know it can be reversed. :D

i am in the league and thought it was a fair trade, i'm also one of the new owners in your local, i'm not sure about the other guy with portis. you should have waited for the other owners to vote on this, i voted fair, and our rules state once appealed the rest of the owners vote on fair or not before reversal, i think i read it right? but i'm the only one outside the participating traders and the commish that chimed in and voted. so i don't know what to male of it.

Agreed. After listening to so much bull oh poopy from Thee Ohio State, I gave the dipsh*t his players back. LESSON learned. Get the hell out of this league next year. By the way, me and TOS are in the same division and he is leading me by two games :D so I can see why he didn't want the trade to go through.

I guess on an upbeat note, it is clear now that if I make a bad trade there is no need to worry as I know it can be reversed. :D

:clap: Agreed! that's why i wanted it reversed. Had nothing to do with a dude, accidentally countering an offer you made for him for Portis and him not unchecking it. :bash:

If you made a mistake and posted it , i'm sure you'd like the same treatment. But i guess you consider yourself perfect, so that may never happen

:tup: Furthermore, YOU made him an offer to reverse the deal, had you felt so strongly it wasn't a mistake then why do this? I can tell you , because you know for a fact he wasn't dealing Portis. The commish has already stated he WOULD NOT overturn the deal, it was solely on you to do the right thing, in your opinon, i agree that you did.

Edited by theeohiostate

i am in the league and thought it was a fair trade, i'm also one of the new owners in your local, i'm not sure about the other guy with portis. you should have waited for the other owners to vote on this, i voted fair, and our rules state once appealed the rest of the owners vote on fair or not before reversal, i think i read it right? but i'm the only one outside the participating traders and the commish that chimed in and voted. so i don't know what to male of it.

You've misread the rules, there is no appeal process for a trade reversal . The league vote is for a trade that the commish rejects.

I'm trying to imagine doing this myself. I'm an owner involved in trade negotiations with another team. Since this guy is claiming to have accidentally checked Portis, that means that he was the one who either initiated the trade in teh first palce, or initiated a counter (in other words, he didn't just accidentally accept a trade that he didn't intend to accept, he proposed a trade that he didn't intend to propose).

So if I am this guy, and I accidentally offer a trade that I didn't intend to offer... I would have obviously seen the mistake pretty much immediately, and unless the other owner was waiting for teh offer and accepted it imemidately, I woudl have pretty much instanty sent out an e-mail to everyone in teh league saying "Oops, I didn't mean to check Portis."

As a Commish, I would look at the transaction and see how much time had passed between the moment the trade was offered, and the moment that it was accepted. How much time went by after the owner offered the trade, until that owner finally said that it was a mistake? If it was more than 5 minutes, then the guy's story is probably bunk.

I'm trying to imagine doing this myself. I'm an owner involved in trade negotiations with another team. Since this guy is claiming to have accidentally checked Portis, that means that he was the one who either initiated the trade in teh first palce, or initiated a counter (in other words, he didn't just accidentally accept a trade that he didn't intend to accept, he proposed a trade that he didn't intend to propose).

So if I am this guy, and I accidentally offer a trade that I didn't intend to offer... I would have obviously seen the mistake pretty much immediately, and unless the other owner was waiting for teh offer and accepted it imemidately, I woudl have pretty much instanty sent out an e-mail to everyone in teh league saying "Oops, I didn't mean to check Portis."

As a Commish, I would look at the transaction and see how much time had passed between the moment the trade was offered, and the moment that it was accepted. How much time went by after the owner offered the trade, until that owner finally said that it was a mistake? If it was more than 5 minutes, then the guy's story is probably bunk.

the guy didn't accidentally check Portis, On CBS when you are offered a trade and click on it for reviewal, it has the players checked. Then it asked it you want to accept, reject or counter. If you select counter, it brings up the trade you were offered, the players remain checked and if you don't uncheck them they will be involved in your new counteroffer, that may or may not have any of the players in the original offer by the other owner. I fully realize the trade is not a good one, when taking Portis out of the deal, BUT and a BIG BUT, is this owner has repeaditly offered COUNTLESS and i mean COUNTLESS deals to many owners, that are VERY lopsided in his favor ( he overvalues his players too much) So armed with this knowledge it is very easy for me to see how he did this by mistake.

Had the owner who accepted the deal, not called the commish a few times right away to process it, it is very possible that the owner who mistakening made the offer would have had time to call or email the commish before it was processed.

the guy didn't accidentally check Portis, On CBS when you are offered a trade and click on it for reviewal, it has the players checked. Then it asked it you want to accept, reject or counter. If you select counter, it brings up the trade you were offered, the players remain checked and if you don't uncheck them they will be involved in your new counteroffer, that may or may not have any of the players in the original offer by the other owner. I fully realize the trade is not a good one, when taking Portis out of the deal, BUT and a BIG BUT, is this owner has repeaditly offered COUNTLESS and i mean COUNTLESS deals to many owners, that are VERY lopsided in his favor ( he overvalues his players too much) So armed with this knowledge it is very easy for me to see how he did this by mistake.

Had the owner who accepted the deal, not called the commish a few times right away to process it, it is very possible that the owner who mistakening made the offer would have had time to call or email the commish before it was processed.

Don't make it sound like I called you a few times or I will outright call you a liar as well. You are my brother and I called you once and ask if you seen the offer that was accepted. You intervene too many times when it does not concern you and many people on this board agree with me. In my league, there would have been no questions asked. Once a trade is accepted it is final. PERIOD The other owner is full of sh*t and I told you that but no you argue and argue til I said yump it and reversed it. I am sick of the bull sh*t in this league.

:D Agreed! that's why i wanted it reversed. Had nothing to do with a dude, accidentally countering an offer you made for him for Portis and him not unchecking it. :D

If you made a mistake and posted it , i'm sure you'd like the same treatment. But i guess you consider yourself perfect, so that may never happen

:bash: Furthermore, YOU made him an offer to reverse the deal, had you felt so strongly it wasn't a mistake then why do this? I can tell you , because you know for a fact he wasn't dealing Portis. The commish has already stated he WOULD NOT overturn the deal, it was solely on you to do the right thing, in your opinon, i agree that you did.

Yea If I made a mistake sure I would post it. But within 2-5 minutes. Not as long as he waited. He only contacted the board after other people were telling me my team had strenghtened and you had better watch out for me. Then all of a sudden he says...Oh I made a mistake.................Bottomline is YOU ARE WRONG but can NEVER EVER admit when you are.

Trade was offered at 6:33 a.m.. I accepted it at 8;00a.m. He had plenty of time to withdraw it. The other owner made contact at 12:53 and said oh I didn't know I had Portis in the deal. I guess that is what I get for making offers at 6 in the morning. IF I HONESTLY KNEW IT WAS AN HONEST MISTAKE, I would not be having this coversation right now. I have been in this league for 10 years and everyone can vouche for that. I am not a cheat. This idiot is in here for the 1st year, and you can bet your rearend, either he or I will be gone.

Edited by Popeye

Yea If I made a mistake sure I would post it. But within 2-5 minutes. Not as long as he waited. He only contacted the board after other people were telling me my team had strenghtened and you had better watch out for me. Then all of a sudden he says...Oh I made a mistake.................Bottomline is YOU ARE WRONG but can NEVER EVER admit when you are.

you obviously didn't read his response, he saw your offer, countered and was out the door for work. As soon as he got pc access later that day, he said what happened.

You completely WRONG again and twisting facts to support your version of what happened. The fact is , it was a mistake, and if your the only one in the league to not understand that, seeing how he's offered your 1000 trades this season and 1000 times you rejected them because his offers were so CRAZY out of wack in his favor, by your own admission and that of many other league owners, i HIGHY doubt your opinon that you REALLY feel this was his intention, really man, gimmie a break with that BS. You called 2 times, the second you accepted the offer for me to hurry up and process, obviously in hindsight i understand why you did this, you knew the offer was something you NEVER expect from this owner and wanted to seize it before he could withdraw it.

you obviously didn't read his response, he saw your offer, countered and was out the door for work. As soon as he got pc access later that day, he said what happened.

You completely WRONG again and twisting facts to support your version of what happened. The fact is , it was a mistake, and if your the only one in the league to not understand that, seeing how he's offered your 1000 trades this season and 1000 times you rejected them because his offers were so CRAZY out of wack in his favor, by your own admission and that of many other league owners, i HIGHY doubt your opinon that you REALLY feel this was his intention, really man, gimmie a break with that BS. You called 2 times, the second you accepted the offer for me to hurry up and process, obviously in hindsight i understand why you did this, you knew the offer was something you NEVER expect from this owner and wanted to seize it before he could withdraw it.

No I do believe you have it wrong again. From what I gather in our league, everyone says it should have stood except for who? You know what, even though you are my brother I am starting to side with all the huddlers about you do not need to be a commish. You ask for replies, but if they do not suit you then you get angry. Why make a post and look for everyone to agree with you when it will never happen. Quit asking for everyones opinion in here if you don't listen to it. 99% of the replies in here see it my way and not yours. You just hate for someone to disagree with you.

Jennings, Greg

Johnson, Larry

Moss, Santana

for

Benson, Cedric

Boldin, Anquan

Jones, Thomas

Portis, Clinton

Firstly, i do not own either team, nor care about the end result of the deal.

This trade was proposed, accepted and processed by the commish this morning. As soon as the trade went through , it emailed the entire league and then the owner who proposed the deal said he did not intend to have offered up Portis in the deal, he checked him on accident.

Now many of you i'm sure feels it's each owners responcibilty to check his offers before submitting them, which i agree as well. My question is, shouldn't both owners be content with the deal after it's done and if not what would you suggest the commish to do, if anything?

While i agree the commish should process the trade, i agree the owner who got the better end should want to keep it that way, i can't help but to question the offer owners intent as he submitted the deal.

Would you:

A. Say tough luck to the owner who screwed up

B. Say tough luck to the owner who jumped on a great deal and have it reversed

C. Don't say anything and let it go as is, the trade is done and processed and that is that

Other, explain.

Talk about spin. Seems pretty obvious to me after reading all of this that Popeye is on the up and up. He puts in times when trade was offered, accepted and finally protested - does TheOhioState dispute those times? No....why? Because his team is now in trouble when his brothers team got better. TheOhioState is being a sour grape eating bozo. Pissed because this habitual idiot makes trade offers left and right and finally someone took one of his offers seriously and oh crap - it now makes someone else's team better than mine! As a commish you should be above that kind of pettiness man. Trade should stand period...the only one who really benefited was TheOhioState as his brother reveresed the trade which is exactly what TheOhioState wanted in the first place...and don't tell me any bull crap about the bozo going to work after he made the offer or he was tired when he made the offer...he should have had time to see he messed up his offer and sent out an email saying he messed up by including Portis....if he was too tired to uncheck a freaking box, then so be it - maybe he shouldn't have been screwing around with an offer to begin with...thank God that owner deosn't work in a nuclear missle launch facility.

Trade should stand and TheOhioState should be ashamed that he even started this thread - weak as$ spin job TheOhioState...why not post a thread of your true thoughts:

TheOhioState - "Hi. I am a commish in a league. My brother just accepted a deal from an idiot and I as commish processed the trade, but it makes my brothers team too strong. I need to shame him into reversing the trade - can anyone help me think up some BS reasons that would allow me to overturn this deal? Desperate for help - plus, mom always liked my brother best. The only way I can get back at him is to try and dominate him in fantasy football....please help me........sniffle, sniffle."

Grow a pair TheOhioState.

KO'd

Jennings, Greg

Johnson, Larry

Moss, Santana

for

Benson, Cedric

Boldin, Anquan

Jones, Thomas

Portis, Clinton

Firstly, i do not own either team, nor care about the end result of the deal.

This trade was proposed, accepted and processed by the commish this morning. As soon as the trade went through , it emailed the entire league and then the owner who proposed the deal said he did not intend to have offered up Portis in the deal, he checked him on accident.

Now many of you i'm sure feels it's each owners responcibilty to check his offers before submitting them, which i agree as well. My question is, shouldn't both owners be content with the deal after it's done and if not what would you suggest the commish to do, if anything?

While i agree the commish should process the trade, i agree the owner who got the better end should want to keep it that way, i can't help but to question the offer owners intent as he submitted the deal.

Would you:

A. Say tough luck to the owner who screwed up

B. Say tough luck to the owner who jumped on a great deal and have it reversed

C. Don't say anything and let it go as is, the trade is done and processed and that is that

Other, explain.

Now I see it a bit differently. I hate owners who offer lowball BS offers. If his intention was to offer Benson, Jones and Boldin for Johnson, Moss and Jennings...that is a BS offer. To me...I don't think it should be overturned just base on the fact that he intended to offer a BS waste of time offer. Karma is a wonderful thing sometimes and it serves him right for getting screwed when trying to screw someone else.

Talk about spin. Seems pretty obvious to me after reading all of this that Popeye is on the up and up. He puts in times when trade was offered, accepted and finally protested - does TheOhioState dispute those times? No....why? Because his team is now in trouble when his brothers team got better. TheOhioState is being a sour grape eating bozo. Pissed because this habitual idiot makes trade offers left and right and finally someone took one of his offers seriously and oh crap - it now makes someone else's team better than mine! As a commish you should be above that kind of pettiness man. Trade should stand period...the only one who really benefited was TheOhioState as his brother reveresed the trade which is exactly what TheOhioState wanted in the first place...and don't tell me any bull crap about the bozo going to work after he made the offer or he was tired when he made the offer...he should have had time to see he messed up his offer and sent out an email saying he messed up by including Portis....if he was too tired to uncheck a freaking box, then so be it - maybe he shouldn't have been screwing around with an offer to begin with...thank God that owner deosn't work in a nuclear missle launch facility.

Trade should stand and TheOhioState should be ashamed that he even started this thread - weak as$ spin job TheOhioState...why not post a thread of your true thoughts:

TheOhioState - "Hi. I am a commish in a league. My brother just accepted a deal from an idiot and I as commish processed the trade, but it makes my brothers team too strong. I need to shame him into reversing the trade - can anyone help me think up some BS reasons that would allow me to overturn this deal? Desperate for help - plus, mom always liked my brother best. The only way I can get back at him is to try and dominate him in fantasy football....please help me........sniffle, sniffle."

Grow a pair TheOhioState.

KO'd

This is what happens when a commish constantly steps where he doesn't belong. This seems to be a common theme with TOS as commish. I stated it before and will again, thank g-d I'm not in a league with TOS as commish. He knows his FF and is a great owner but as a commish I see him as a complete failure time and time again. This is just another post backing this.

To give you a for instance: The below trade was made in my league a couple of weeks ago. I wasn't happy with the trade but I can't stop an owner from building for the future...my only isue was that it was too early in the season. We will be changing the rules a bit but it still wouldn't stop an owner from doing this type of thing if he wants. I, as commish, won't veto a trade when an owner wants to build for the future. He pays money like everyone else and has a right to do that.

Team 1 Gives:

5th rounder 2007

Musa Smith

Reche Caldwell

Lawrence Tynes

Team 2 gives:

Housh

Braylon Edwards

Fred Taylor

Alot of people here would not be happy with this trade and neither was I but I would not veto this...TOS on the other hand would Veto in a second.

Hey guys, let it rest. I am right and I know it but it was me that gave him his players back so there would not be animosity. I did offer L.J. for Jackson and it was accepted this morning. The owner getting Johnson plays TOS this week. I am curious if this trade is approved before kickoff EDIT It was approved while I was typing...lol. I kknow that trade is a bit lopsided in his favor, but I am looking at the schedule for Johnson and Jackson and I do like Jacksons better. Plus in our league Jackson has outscored Johnson.

Edited by Popeye