[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

You think Kornheiser's bad?

Cunning Runt

I'm in my car a lot and have the dial set to Sirius NFL Radio pretty much always and love it. But I have to turn the radio off or to another channel when Rice is on.

I just can't listen to him. He makes pretty much no good points, doesn't answer the questions as posed to him, and loses his train of thought all the time.

Most irritating though is his actual manner of speech. He interjects the "no no" words as I learned them in my college speech class so often that it drives me nuts. "uh, uh, uh", and "you know" are spoken almost as much as the other words combined coming out of his mouth. He's extremely difficult to follow as a result.

All you have is the spoken word when it comes to radio and this guy is terrible. I know Sirius thinks they pulled a coup by getting him, but as an avid listener to their station, he's horrendous. Every single other person they have on is excellent IMO, but Rice should not be on a radio talk show, greatest NFL receiver or not.

Edited by Cunning Runt

I couldn't agree more. I want to like him and listen, afterall he is Jerry Rice. But when the um to actual word ratio is 1:1 you have to turn the dial.

On the complete opposite end of the spectrum is The Barber Shop. I love these guys. They are well spoken, smart, honest and a joy to listen to. Tiki is going to have every network offering him a lot of cash to land him next year if he does retire.

Too bad he didn't just go coach some WRs or open a restaurant somewhere. The dancing and radio stuff should stop. His agent, if he still has one, is not earning his $, that is for damn sure...

Edited by Coffeeman

Jerry "Uh, um you know I really like uh, um that uh, um John Merriman you know, he comes to play you know."

He is the worst guy in the entire line up. I love the guy as a player, but they should have never put a microphone in front of him. I made the comment to my wife once about the number of "uh, um's" and "you know's" he says, and now she makes me change the station anytime he is on.

I love the Barber Shop. Tiki and Rhonde tell it the way they see it, rarely holding anything back, and both are as articulate as any radio personallity out there. They are great.

Jerry "Uh, um you know I really like uh, um that uh, um John Merriman you know, he comes to play you know."

He is the worst guy in the entire line up. I love the guy as a player, but they should have never put a microphone in front of him. I made the comment to my wife once about the number of "uh, um's" and "you know's" he says, and now she makes me change the station anytime he is on.

I love the Barber Shop. Tiki and Rhonde tell it the way they see it, rarely holding anything back, and both are as articulate as any radio personallity out there. They are great.

Umm, uhh, you know, that uh, pretty much, uh, uh, sums up, uh, my, uh, you know sentiments, uh you know.

And a :D to the Barbers as well. I think my favorite though is Pat Kirwin. Guy knows his sh-it.

Where would you say he ranks on a scale of Ron Jaworski being a 1 and Brent Musberger ejaculating in his pants while he drools about Notre Dame or USC being a 10?

Can't even really compare. Like apples to oranges. With those guys, it's content. With Jerry, it's his speaking itself.

But I will tell you this, I'd much rather listen to any of the guys you mentioned and disagree then listen to Jerry and agree. It's just grating to listen to.

You know who else bothers me? It isnt his talking, or his knowledge, but Jim Miller ALWAYS starts off his comments with "Yeah"... But its HOW he says it. Its dragged out, and everytime I want to hear it, I want to stick a pencil in my ear!

ETA - Ya Jerry Rice is about worthless. I wish he was playing football still, but like he did back in the day.

Edited by peepinmofo

You know who else bothers me? It isnt his talking, or his knowledge, but Jim Miller ALWAYS starts off his comments with "Yeah"... But its HOW he says it. Its dragged out, and everytime I want to hear it, I want to stick a pencil in my ear!

ETA - Ya Jerry Rice is about worthless. I wish he was playing football still, but like he did back in the day.

I know exactly what you mean on the Miller comment.

When Stern isn't on, I have NFL radio on, and I have to say I love Jerry as football player icon but to have to listen to him for a 2 hour shift makes me want to throw out the Sirius. Uhhhhh, and you know uhhhhh, uhhhhhh Jim........ drives me crazy and I turn the station.

BTW, who are you favorite hosts? I like Kerwin and Ryan.

Kornheiser--Sports Journalist

Rice--Former NFL player (HOF)

One of them has done this for a living, the other doing it for a hobby....

So if your comparing the two, I guess Jerry doing pretty good, because Kornheiser been at it much longer...

Kornheiser--Sports Journalist

Rice--Former NFL player (HOF)

One of them has done this for a living, the other doing it for a hobby....

So if your comparing the two, I guess Jerry doing pretty good, because Kornheiser been at it much longer...

Not comparing in any way, shape, or form.

A lot of folks blast Kornheiser on these boards for being intolerable to listen to, so that was the only reason for the reference - to get people's attention.

Rice just doesn't speak well and he's hard to listen to without going nuts.

Oh... and Rice isn't doing Sirius for a hobby.

• 2 weeks later...