[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Romo to start in Dallas

Hugh 0ne

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree it's a bad decision but I'm happy that Parcells didn't give in to Jerry Jones. Jones was quoted as saying he didn't see anything to change his mind that Bledsoe was best suited to lead the team. While I agree with him, it's a comment that undermines the coaches authority and for that alone I applaud Parcells decision. :D

Looks like Parcell is throwing in the towel for this season. Of course, it's got to be difficult or should I say fustrating to have a guy like Bledsoe dictate your success. Chances are Bledsoe wouldn't have taken the Cowboys to far if at all in the playoffs, so I can see the reasoning of spicing things up in Dallas.

Edited by Rockerbraves

Of course it's not official yet, but I hope it's true. I liked what I saw out of the kid on Monday, for the most part. Two of those interceptions he threw were plays that I've seen Bledsoe make more than once. I remember him throwing an interception on a screen pass attempt against the eagles either last year or the year before. That last one was a timing route, which I believe can be worked out with practice reps and playing time. Other than that, I saw a lot of promise in the kid. They don't have to keep 10 guys in to block, so what do you know, there IS a tight end named Witten on the team....and he can play TOO!!

It's time to see what the kid can do. We know what Bledsoe can't do by now. He places a limit on how good the cowboys can be, and that limit ain't very high.

Let's see the limit the kid sets.

I don't care watch JJ says. Right after the Defense forces a fumble inside the 15 by dropping the hammer on Tiki. That's points and if your in the league as long as Bledsoe's been, YOU CAN NOT MAKE THAT THROW..........PERIOD. I still say they should have run the damn ball. But that pick can't happen. Same thing last year against the Seahawks. I would much rather take my chances with Romo to find out if we have a QB for the future or not.

Romo did show that he can play .... he was 14 of 25 for 227 yards and two touchdowns, and also ran a 2-point conversion in. All this in a half of football. :D

National stage after the starter gets benched in your first real action of your career ... three int's not surprising. I expect a much better performance on Sunday night.

It's funny cuz if Romo goes out and beats the Panthers on Sunday night, he will be the next Tom Brady and Dallas will be right back to a playoff team (according to the experts). If Dallas can beat Carolina though, they will probably be looking at a 6-3 record with games against Arizona and Washington to follow. Then they have a huge game against Indy which I have had circled on my calendar all year long.

Romo did show that he can play .... he was 14 of 25 for 227 yards and two touchdowns, and also ran a 2-point conversion in. All this in a half of football. :D

National stage after the starter gets benched in your first real action of your career ... three int's not surprising. I expect a much better performance on Sunday night.

Agreed. I think Romo can get it done for the Cowboys.

LOL at how Bledsoe gets thrown under the bus for one INT, yet it's OK for Romo to throw THREE. :D

LOL at how Bledsoe gets thrown under the bus for one INT, yet it's OK for Romo to throw THREE. :D

Bledsoe is a vet and should know better.

Bledsoe threw three interceptions vs. the Jaguars and threw an interception that was returned for the game winner vs. the Eagles. Then vs. the Giants he throws a goaline interception before halftime when Dallas had momentum and was looking for the lead.

Bledsoe

TD's - 7

INT's - 8

Rating - 69.2

Bledsoe is a vet and should know better.

The refs don't negate turnovers caused by inexperienced players because "they don't know any better."

Bledsoe threw three interceptions vs. the Jaguars and threw an interception that was returned for the game winner vs. the Eagles. Then vs. the Giants he throws a goaline interception before halftime when Dallas had momentum and was looking for the lead.

Bledsoe

TD's - 7

INT's - 8

Rating - 69.2

Romo

TDs - 2

INTs - 3

Games - 1/2 :D

Edited by Bill Swerski

Well clearly I made the wrong choice. I had for 1 week 3 QBs on my roster and cut Leinart to make room for Jones-Drew. I held onto Bledsoe and now with no Hasselbeck I'm in the weeds. :D I think in my case it's safe to cut Bledsoe and pick up Huard for a 1 week fix. I'm not sold on Romo yet and don't want to take the chance on him having a stinker against Carolina. I'll go the safe route.

:D

Nice deflection. Let's forget about your lack of football acumen and talk about how you don't like sigline.

Speaking of football acumen, you're the genius who tried to convince me that Rattay was a better fantasy option than Vick a couple of years ago. How'd that work out, Mr. Know-It-All? :D

Edited by Bill Swerski

Speaking of football acumen, you're the genius who tried to convince me that Rattay was a better fantasy option than Vick a couple of years ago. How'd that work out, Mr. Know-It-All? :D

Another deflection from the topic at hand ... nice :D

I don't recall if I ever offered that specific advice or not. One the one hand it is possible because I have often advised against Vick. On the other hand I can't imagine that I took a strong stand on Rattay. Either way I will be the first to admit my ability to predict future fantasy football performance is not 100%.

All of that has nothing to do with which QB should start for the Dallas Cowboys.

Another deflection from the topic at hand ... nice :D

I don't recall if I ever offered that specific advice or not. One the one hand it is possible because I have often advised against Vick. On the other hand I can't imagine that I took a strong stand on Rattay. Either way I will be the first to admit my ability to predict future fantasy football performance is not 100%.

Good, then we agree that you're not nearly as knowledgeable as you think that you are.

All of that has nothing to do with which QB should start for the Dallas Cowboys.

Looking to win: Bledsoe

Looking towards the future: Romo