[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kitna: where's the love

BeeR

I've had this guy all year but stupidly not started him because, well, it's Kitna and the Lions.....meanwhile Mr "he's due and has all those weapons" Bledsoe has killed me. Finally the light comes on.....and Kitna's on bye. :D But IMO this guy is a must-start unless you have a real stud like Manning or McNabb etc. Somehow he's getting it done FF-wise.

People made fun of me when I drafted him in one of my leagues. :D

Traded for him in another league 3 weeks ago. It's a league with a flex position where you can start someone in any position. He's been fantasy gold for me. I originally tried to get Grossman, but instead he offered up Kitna. Thank goodness.

he bailed me out on Bulger's bye last week.

the only other time i started him was week 3 for his huge GB game.

as the Lions' season quickly descends into the crapper, the prospect of the likes of McCown or Orlosvksysvsvsvysyvykvkysvykky getting playing time gives me anxiety and indigestion. not only would i be without the option of playing Kitna over Bulger when Bulger faces CHI in week 1 of the playoffs but Roy will probably all but disappear too. :D

as the Lions' season quickly descends into the crapper, the prospect of the likes of McCown or Orlosvksysvsvsvysyvykvkysvykky getting playing time gives me anxiety and indigestion. not only would i be without the option of playing Kitna over Bulger when Bulger faces CHI in week 1 of the playoffs but Roy will probably all but disappear too. :D

You dont have to worry about this because the Lions will be in the playoff hunt after they wheel off 9 in a row. If you don't believe me, just ask Roy.

You dont have to worry about this because the Lions will be in the playoff hunt after they wheel off 9 in a row. If you don't believe me, just ask Roy.

yeah, not helping the anxiety or indigestion.

i swear Roy must've eaten paint chips as a kid or something.

good thing for him he's good at football.

I've had this guy all year but stupidly not started him because, well, it's Kitna and the Lions.....meanwhile Mr "he's due and has all those weapons" Bledsoe has killed me. Finally the light comes on.....and Kitna's on bye. :D But IMO this guy is a must-start unless you have a real stud like Manning or McNabb etc. Somehow he's getting it done FF-wise.

The truth is if Bledsoe was still starting and Kitna was not on bye, most would start Bledsoe for the very reason you stated "It's Kitna and the Lions". Much like the days when he quarterbacked the lowly Bengals.

I'm still confused why more FF people didn't see this coming.

I guess so...... Kitna has to be one of the all-time worst QB's in NFL history to put up top 10 stats FF- wise.

He just does not win football games, and does all he can to lose them most of the time.

I still don't agree with having him as your #1 QB, even if you are the Lions. I mean, a journeyman quick fix to go winless?

I waited and waited to get a QB, having learned in the past that there always guys available late that rise to the top. I ended up drafting Trent Green and Aaron Brooks. Blech!

My QBs are now Kitna and Grossman, both early season waiver wire pickups (somebody drafted Kitna and dropped him for some reason). Sure, I would rather have P.Manning or McNabb, but Kitna is doing just fine, thank you.

Here's hoping Grossman's last game was just an anomaly though.

I can't believe I'm saying this but... I just drafted Kitna and I think he is going to be the reason I make the playoffs... I drafted McNair and Brooks, dropped Brooks and now have Losman. Obviously QB has been my weakness. I just traded the Falcons D for Kitna. He has McNabb and is #1 overall points with Washington and Houston D's, it was his only weakness. Go Lions!

Seems like people would of seen that a Martz offense always makes the QB look at least decent.

he bailed me out on Bulger's bye last week.

the only other time i started him was week 3 for his huge GB game.

You don't have to worry about Kitna being benched. he was signed to be the starting QB and really has no competition.

I guess so...... Kitna has to be one of the all-time worst QB's in NFL history to put up top 10 stats FF- wise.

He just does not win football games, and does all he can to lose them most of the time.

I still don't agree with having him as your #1 QB, even if you are the Lions. I mean, a journeyman quick fix to go winless?

Kitna has been on bad teams thus the reason he has lost football games while a starter. it amazes me how people will stick a teams win/loss percentage next to a QB like it is their stat and not the teams. a QB is 1 guy on a team. Kitna is doing his job..wish I could say the same for the defense.

Seems like people would of seen that a Martz offense always makes the QB look at least decent.

You don't have to worry about Kitna being benched. he was signed to be the starting QB and really has no competition.

Kitna has been on bad teams thus the reason he has lost football games while a starter. it amazes me how people will stick a teams win/loss percentage next to a QB like it is their stat and not the teams. a QB is 1 guy on a team. Kitna is doing his job..wish I could say the same for the defense.

meh - he is serviceable, and playing decently I guess- but belive me I watched him in Sea, and his whole career- his forced INT's will kill ya - and he is a journeyman plug in - no more. If I was a Det homer I would rather shat the '06 bed with a young QB that can improve along the way than .

Kitna may put up decent, garbage time FF points, but as an NFL QB - he sucks............

I'm still confused why more FF people didn't see this coming.

I got laughed at when I drafted him as well -- now, I'm trapped in a league with him as my back up, looking to trade him to upgrade WR -- and can't get anyone to take me seriously, despite Kitna outscoring all but four QBs this year. Peyton, McNabb, Bulger, Eli - then Kitna. Apparently points and a nice schedule here on out are not worth as much as I thought.

My leaguemates gave me the business for drafting Rivers and Kitna. I also picked up McNair, but cut him fairly early. Kitna is currently the 5th ranked QB and Rivers is tied for 6th. Kitna, however, is going to drop dramatically with his bye week coming up. I expect him to be surpassed by Rivers, Brees, Vick, Grossman, Brady, Favre, and Carr, all of whom have already had their byes. That drops him to 12th, which is a more reasonable spot for him. He does have some nice matchups after the bye though, which will likely land him back in the top ten a few weeks down the road. I don't see him finishing as a top 5 QB this year, and I'd give him a 50/50 shot of ending up in the top 10. All in all, he has performed as I expected a QB in a Martz offense to perform, lots of yards, good TD numbers, and too many INTs. Definitely a steal for me in the late rounds this year.

I'm surprised you picked up on him so quickly, BR. Usually the season is over & you look back on your roster & realize that you could have been starting a top 10 QB all year.

:D

On a more serious note, I was able to pick up Kitna in the offseason in FA in my dynasty league (mostly because I was committed to using the DET QBs as my #2 QB) to use behind Plummer, and I was able to draft Kitna in the 10th round of my redraft league right behind Trent Green in the 9th round.

Needless to say, I'm extremely pleased with the value. In the dynasty league, Kitna is the #4 QB in the league & will probably drop to 8th/9th after he's done with his bye this week, and in the redraft league he's the #3 QB and will drop to #6 at worst after his bye.

FF owners are just plain ignorant if they ignore a Martz QB, even if they can't stand Martz, the team he's coaching for, or the QB - or any combination of the above. His starting QBs put up big numbers in FF.

Edited by Bronco Billy

I traded for Kitna two weeks ago, and he is single-handedly saving my season since my other QBs were Roethlisberger and Leftwich.

I now will be starting Kitna, Kevin Jones, and Roy Williams (after this weeks bye) in my PPR league and couldn't be happier!