[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What should a payout be in a league?

Sully907

I just started doing pay leagues a couple years back(Finally got confident in my skills)

The league im currently in has a 65 dollar entry,with a 140 dollar site fee,12 teams,with 65 going to each conference winner,and 340 going to the championship,so its really like a 5 or 6 times payout for winning in every possible way.Is this pretty standard or too low a potential payout?

You will find a wide variety of payout systems.

My local is a bit non-standard.

12 teams, $65 entry fee

PAYOUTS

$60 - commissioner salary

$70 - software fee

1st - 50% of the kitty

2nd - 20% of the kitty

3rd - 12.5% of the kitty

4th - 7% of the kitty

5th - 4.5% of the kitty

6th - 3.5% of the kitty

7th (Toilet bowl winner) - 2.5% of the kitty

Kitty is comprised of entry fees after deductions + transaction fees - weekly prizes. The 1st $210 of our transaction fees are allocated to 3 weekly prizes.

We used to pay each division winner his entry fee and each wildcard half the entry fee. Then there were payouts allocated to each stage of the playoffs. We finally decided that simply winning your division shouldn't be enough ... you should earn the money in the playoffs ... thus the percentage payouts.

The league I run is as follows:

$50 entry (12 owners)

$60 Site fee

1st pays: $260

2nd pays: $150

3rd pays: $ 80

4th pays: $ 50

We set 4th be = to the entry because we've all been together for a while, and usually everyone who wins some $$$ 'lets it (the entry fee) ride' until next year. This took a little off the 1st place $$$, but i saved me having to collect odd amounts from 4th place & pay an odd amount to 3rd at the end of the year. Prior to the above scale, we used:

1st pays: 50%

2nd pays: 30%

3rd pays: 12%

4th pays: 8%

So, what' Grits is describing is about average. Most of the leagues I'm in, 1st usually gets half the kitty after the site fee has been subtracted from it.

Edited by CowboysDiehard

We set 4th be = to the entry because we've all been together for a while, and usually everyone who wins some $$$ 'lets it (the entry fee) ride' until next year. This took a little off the 1st place $$$, but i saved me having to collect odd amounts from 4th place & pay an odd amount to 3rd at the end of the year.

Right now our 4th place is sitting at 72% of his entry fee ... and I don't believe our 4th place will ever get all of his entry fee back.

However we pay $15 out each week ($5 to the highest scoring team, $5 to the team that started the highest scoring player and $5 for the team that won by the biggest margin).

Several years ago we switched to 4 divisions of 3 teams to eliminated the double header. The problem with this approach is we had too many division winners and very often a division winner was rewarded because he was in a weak division while a wild card team with a superior record only received half the pay. The league didn't want to restructure the league ... so we restructured the payouts. Now winning your division only impacts your seeding for the playoffs.

Yeah, that 72% thing was what i wanted to correct. The next year at the draft, I was having to collect $6 from the fourth place team the prior year, and then having to remember to pay $16 to the 3rd place team. So, to bump up the 3rd place payout to be at least somethign worthwhile, we chiseled a little off 1st and added it to 4th and 3rd.

I'm not in any leagues with weekly or division payouts...also, we dont have a pay per transaction system either. So set amounts work best for us.

Right now our 4th place is sitting at 72% of his entry fee ... and I don't believe our 4th place will ever get all of his entry fee back.

However we pay $15 out each week ($5 to the highest scoring team, $5 to the team that started the highest scoring player and $5 for the team that won by the biggest margin).

Several years ago we switched to 4 divisions of 3 teams to eliminated the double header. The problem with this approach is we had too many division winners and very often a division winner was rewarded because he was in a weak division while a wild card team with a superior record only received half the pay. The league didn't want to restructure the league ... so we restructured the payouts. Now winning your division only impacts your seeding for the playoffs.

Like the weekly payouts. Although $5 is more like bragging rights it helps keep the interest of owners who need instant gratification and it gives those who get off to an early season slump a new opportunity each week. To me FF has never been about how much money I take from my buddies it's all about bragging rights.

10 Team league

Normally Its $65 entry and we have used CBS so $140 site fee

This year $50 entry and used Fox Sports for free. :D

Next year we move to MFL and go to $60 entry.

But anyway our payout is as follows.

$10 to weekly high score winning during regular season. $130

$20 to Toilet Bowl Winner

1st place 75%

2nd place 25%

12 Team League

$150 buy in

$20 per trade per team

$5 per add or drop

$50 payout each week to highest scoring team in league

1st place - 85%

2nd place - 15%

3rd place - $150

We had about an hour discussion about what we would do, three managers wanted to have winner take all!! We though this was a good compromise.

Current Pot as of Week 7: $3,615

Edited by Mojo Rising

12 team with old college buddies and a $30 buy in:

$360

$5/week for high score ($85)

$275

60% for Super Bowl ($165)

20% for Runner up ($55)

20% for total points ($55)

Most years the Super Bowl and total points winner have been the same.

Ours is pretty high (with entry, real dollar blind bidding, adn loss fees per point, get's to about $700 a team) - 10 teams

Payout is simply:

1st 50%

2nd 25%

3rd 15%

4th 10%

Nothing ofr weekly/division/points. I've proposed it numerous times, but people like it to be "playoffs or nothign"

12 Team League

$150 buy in

$20 per trade per team

$5 per add or drop

$50 payout each week to highest scoring team in league

1st place - 85%

2nd place - 15%

3rd place - $150

We had about an hour discussion about what we would do, three managers wanted to have winner take all!! We though this was a good compromise.

Current Pot as of Week 7: $3,615

Schnikes. I was just thinking that $20 per trade deal would keep the activity down. :D

Halfway through the season you've got more in transactions than buyins....

Furthermore, your payout structure really changes the way you should approach the draft. Is it an auction draft? If not, no way I play in this league (not that ur looking for new members).

i am in two league...one is 100 dollar entry, 12 team with $5 trades...winner of it all gets 60% of the pot at the end...

and then i have my HS league with all my newbie friends...12 teams, no division, 10 dollar entry

10 to reg season winner

10 to runner up

100 to winner lol

Ours is a 12 team league. $110 buy-in, with $10 going to the website and $100 to the pot. The winner gets $600; second place $300 and third and fourth each get $150. Our trade/transaction fees go to a pot, which we use for a party for our league's "super bowl."

Cost is $55 per owner with $5 going to mfl.com and the rest returned as follows:

$15/weekly high score for 16 weeks. In the unlikely event of a tie (based upon the complexity of league scoring), ties will split the weekly pot accordingly.

$230 to TOCOL champion

$115 to TOCOL runner up

$70 to TOCOL 3rd place

$45 to TOCOL 4th place

as determined by TOCOL playoffs

------------------------------------------------------------------

91% of fees go to awards, and even teams that miss the playoffs can pick up an extra $15 or $30 in weekly high score through the playoffs.

I don't think that any league prize, such as winning your division should be returning your entry fee. All prizes, except for weekly high scores, should net you more than what you paid into the league in entry fees.

One exception is if you award prizes to 2nd or 3rd place in your division, but it all depends on if you have weekly awards or not as well.

Edited by MikesVikes

cbs' early renewl is $130.. So.,...

10 team, league fee is $130 per team except the commish who puts his $130 toward the site. Transactions are $2 adds and $5 trades.

Payout is

1st: 50%

2nd: 35%

3rd: 15%

On top of that, weekly high points getter wins $20..

Aside from the outrageous cbs fee (The other league I run is on MFL), I think this is about the best I have seen.. I think the winner in the above league usually gets $650 - $700

So, winner is looking at 5x payout over his entry fee.

League Costs - The cost of a franchise will be $78.

League Payouts - Pay out will be 100% of franchise fees, minus the cost of running the MFL.com software, currently $69.95 per year, $7 per owner. TOTAL = $85. All payouts will occur within seven days of the week 17.

Each weeks high score, in each conference will receive $5.00 and the top four playoff teams will divide the remaining pot as follows: 1st-46%; 2nd-31%, 3rd-15.5%, 4th-8%. Pay outs may be rounded to the nearest $1 where appropriate The current payout of the franchise fees will be:

Award - Qty Each - Total

Champion $300.00--------------------------------$300.00

2nd Place $200.00---------------------------------$200.00

3rd Place $100.00----------------------------------$100.00

Consolation $ 50.00-------------------------------$ 50.00 (Highest point totol between non-playoff teams)

Weekly High Score 13 weeks at $10.00------$130.00

Total ----------------------------------------------------$ 780.00

We have used this format in my sig line leauge. It has worked very well, a few tweaks here and there. There is enough incentive for owners to remain comeptitive for the whole season.

Edited by XFlash

We have a $200 entry fee + $5 a loss.

$70 for MFL

$25 Fantasy History(MFL extra)

$30 Draft supplies

1st place= 600

2nd place= 300

3rd place= 150

4th place= 75

$25 for weekly high score

$75 for highest one week score during season

$100 highest point total for year

$50 highest scoring offensive player

$50 highest scoring defensive player

We started this format 3 years ago after we only paid top 3. It gives everyone a chance to win something. Last year I was the highest scorer but finished 2nd. But I had alot of the highest scoring weeks so I made about $700.

Guest Mutine Bullfrog

One league

$250 Entry fee 14 teams

$275 Division winners

$1,200 Fantasy Bowl Winner (1st Place)

$600 Fantasy Bowl Loser (2nd Place)

$300 Consolation Bowl Winner (3rd Place)

$250 Consolation Bowl Loser (4th Place)

$25 for highest 2 week point total per division (2 divisions)

$$1.50 per play involved in trades and or waivers. Waiver and trade money goes to and awards dinner, program fee and trophy

Edited by Mutine Bullfrog