[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cabo San Lucas

twiley

The wife and I will be heading there in 9 days for a full week. Right now my plans are to sleep, eat, hang out at pool bar, and drink large amounts of alcohol.

Anyone have any suggestions on attractions, restaurants, bars, or other things to check out besides women in bikinis? :D

Edited by twiley

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's been a long time, but i remember enjoying the giggling marlin, carlos and charlie's, and a tiki bar by the marina. ate at a place called the shrimp house (or something like that). biggest attractions are deep sea fishing and the famous arch. i think you can rent kayaks and paddle out to the arch and hang around the beaches over there. we stayed at the westin regina... loved the hotel and restaurant in it, but it was about 10-15 min to town.

edit: my wife and i scuba... i remember enjoying the diving in the area. also, decent amount of golf there and horseback riding (for her :D )

Edited by Bier Meister

where are you staying and where is it located (in cabo, the "corridor", etc.)?

the fishing is fun IF you're into that. if you do, take dramamine, whether you think you need it or not (especially if since you'll be drinking heavily). if you want a laid back fishing experience with lots of guaranteed catches, go after the yellowfin tuna. they're relatively small (25 lbs. and up), but you're almost guaranteed to catch a bunch AND you can sit in one place in calmer water. if you want to go after the big ones (marlins and dorado), you'll have to go trolling out on the pacific side. the downside: rougher water, the motor is constantly running, less likelihood of success. the upside is obviously the chance to catch a huge-ass fish. just depends what you wanna do.

the ATV tours are fun. if you decide to do this, do the 4 hour tour (not the 3 hour) with rancho tours. we did the 3 hour and it was fun, but i heard the 4 hour is MUCH better (and really takes more like 6 hours).

another thing we did that i really enjoyed (surprisingly) was an all-day bus tour up to la paz, then down through todos santos. you get to see the real baja california.

i didn't come across any restaurants or bars i would give a full, hearty recommendation to. "the office", on medano beach, is a cool place to hang out. and if you make it to todos santos, be sure to have a margarita (or 3) at the hotel california, they're f'n awesome.

where are you staying and where is it located (in cabo, the "corridor", etc.)?

the fishing is fun IF you're into that. if you do, take dramamine, whether you think you need it or not (especially if since you'll be drinking heavily). if you want a laid back fishing experience with lots of guaranteed catches, go after the yellowfin tuna. they're relatively small (25 lbs. and up), but you're almost guaranteed to catch a bunch AND you can sit in one place in calmer water. if you want to go after the big ones (marlins and dorado), you'll have to go trolling out on the pacific side. the downside: rougher water, the motor is constantly running, less likelihood of success. the upside is obviously the chance to catch a huge-ass fish. just depends what you wanna do.

the ATV tours are fun. if you decide to do this, do the 4 hour tour (not the 3 hour) with rancho tours. we did the 3 hour and it was fun, but i heard the 4 hour is MUCH better (and really takes more like 6 hours).

another thing we did that i really enjoyed (surprisingly) was an all-day bus tour up to la paz, then down through todos santos. you get to see the real baja california.

i didn't come across any restaurants or bars i would give a full, hearty recommendation to. "the office", on medano beach, is a cool place to hang out. and if you make it to todos santos, be sure to have a margarita (or 3) at the hotel california, they're f'n awesome.

Thanks, we're staying at the Playa Grande Resort located on Solmar Beach.

Thanks, we're staying at the Playa Grande Resort located on Solmar Beach.

good location, you can walk to town. if you were staying on the corridor, i was going to suggest finding ways to avoid paying 50 bucks in cab fare to/from downtown one or more times per day.

oh, be sure to hit lorenzillo's at least once for dinner :D

good location, you can walk to town. if you were staying on the corridor, i was going to suggest finding ways to avoid paying 50 bucks in cab fare to/from downtown one or more times per day.

oh, be sure to hit lorenzillo's at least once for dinner :D

I don't know about the Lorenzillos in Cabo but the one in Cancun is awesome. Get the lobster tacos. :D

Just got back a few weeks ago:

Food: Marisco's is an excellent place for shrimp any way you like it. Behind Dollar rent a car... we rented a car and it was a great investment!

There is a little taco place right outside of Cabo Wabo that has 4 tacos and a bier for $6, good stuff!

Fun stuff:

Mermaids, but like you said you have Twoobs with you... maybe she would like a lap dance??

There is also some para gliders?? with the big fan on the back of it and they take you up and down the coast on a tour... it's a blast and is $60 but negotiable.

And everything else that was mentioned... if you don't scuba and want to learn they are pretty flexible with the rules down there and will teach you on the spot. One of the guys with us had never went and they let him go.

There is also a Tequila internet cafe (The Cantina?? just a block or two from Cabo Wabo) They serve you a gallon Margarita that if you can drink it in an hour, it's free!

I went scuba diving there over spring break. This is the best time of year to go scuba diving there as the water visibility should be amazing and the water itself should be warm. I would highly recommend doing this, even if you aren't certified.

Twiley has no time to certified dive.......but his liver will be known as the Jacques Cousteau of Margaritas when he leaves........ :D

Twiley has no time to certified dive.......but his liver will be known as the Jacques Cousteau of Margaritas when he leaves........ :D

You don't have to be certified to dive. You can do one of those hour intro classes and go dive like 50 feet. You really don't even need to dive deeper. I went on two dives there, one 40 feet and one like 90 feet and the 40 feet dive was much more nicer.

fwiw, my dad and stepmom are big into diving. when they go to cabo, they don't even bring their stuff, because, according to them, the diving is pretty lousy, at least compared to places on the carribean. there's only one little reef to speak of and it's about 50 miles away from cabo, and the water all around there is not that clear (again, compared to the carribbean). i'm sure other people have different opinions, but that's theirs.

fwiw, my dad and stepmom are big into diving. when they go to cabo, they don't even bring their stuff, because, according to them, the diving is pretty lousy, at least compared to places on the carribean. there's only one little reef to speak of and it's about 50 miles away from cabo, and the water all around there is not that clear (again, compared to the carribbean). i'm sure other people have different opinions, but that's theirs.

The only diving I'll be doing will be in the bedroom. :D:D