[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Biggest Bust thus far?

LooGie

Jordan does suck it this year, but I wouldn't say "easily" when asked if he was the biggest bust so far (not a Raider homer speaking). Based off of projections, LT is is way off a "clear cut #1 overall" and Larry Johnson is having a very sub par year. These guys were clearly the top 2 overall, and they aren't even in the top 10 rushing. Cadillac and Ron Brown are also 1st rounders who are HUGH busts so far, and let's not forget Steve Jackson who is also underwhelming so far.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I realize that they're both in their mid-30s now, but they should be doing more than their 20-40 yd games with a TD every fourth game. Moulds in particular should be doing more, as he has Andre Johnson drawing coverage away from him. Even Joe Horn's doing a lot better than these guys.

I wouldn't have touched Moss until at least the 4th round, but even then he would've been a bust. People who took Andre Johnson or Roy Williams in the 4th/5th rounds are doing a hell of a lot better.

I guess with Moulds it's just personal expectations. He was real good a few years back, but I viewed him as the #2 WR for the Texans currently and was probably around the 30th (give or take) WR drafted in many drafts. Just not worthy of a bust, but certainly underperforming to the hopes of many. Fortunately I grabbed Johnson as my #1 WR and got real lucky.

As for Moss, it's easy to say now, but I find it hard to believe that in a 12 team league most would pass up on Moss if he fell to you in the late 3rd round. Without looking at the stats I think he has 4 TDs and 200-300 (with a bye week). Nothing so hot, but I am curious how many WRs have 4 or more TDs. Moss, a disappointment? Absolutley. A bust? I can't go that far. I consider CJ the bigger bust in the WR arena so far.

At QB; I haven't seen Hasselbeck thrown out here yet. To date he was disappointing at best, take away three weeks or stats and well ...

At RB; lets see; Jordan, Edge, Caddy, and SA were all 1st round picks and I don't think any are in the top 20.

At WR; Based on draft postion CJ has to rank near the top

I have no choice but to laugh with this one boys. In my local, we keep up to five. My team was flat dominant for a lot of last season. My main three big studs I had coming back this year were going to carry me to my first title........Lamont, Edge, and Chad. To top it off my first pick (6th round) was Carson Palmer, who also should probably be one of the biggest QB busts as well.

I have no choice but to laugh with this one boys. In my local, we keep up to five. My team was flat dominant for a lot of last season. My main three big studs I had coming back this year were going to carry me to my first title........Lamont, Edge, and Chad. To top it off my first pick (6th round) was Carson Palmer, who also should probably be one of the biggest QB busts as well.

Same here. My keepers were

Seattle QB

Alexander

Lamont

Boldin

Steve Smith

Terry Glenn

Jerry Porter

Boldin & Glenn have performed as expected and Smith is playing well now.

I don't really consider an injured player a bust.

Though I agree from an NFL perspective, from a Fantasy perspective I absolutely would call him a bust. In Fantasy terms, injuries or not, it's the draft position vs points earned for your team is the bottom line.

Injuries are a HUGH part of being a bust or not in fantasy terms. Regardless of it's his injury keeping him out or injuries to other key positions that keep his numbers form going higher.

Is it Chad Johnson's fault that Palmer hasn't been electric? Is it Edge's fault the O-Line in Arizona is horrible? Does it matter? SA went no lower than 3 in almost every league, and 1 in a lot of them. Bottom line- draft position does not remotely reflect the points earned and thus a bust.

Cadillac and Ron Brown are also 1st rounders who are HUGH busts so far, and let's not forget Steve Jackson who is also underwhelming so far.

Really? Steven Jackson gets the carries and the yards, and while his TD's (especially from inside the 5) have been lackluster, I'd hardly consider him a bust. This year is a bit different when comparing who is and isn't a bust. LT is clearly the shining star thus far, but after LT it drops off, so in relative terms is "bust" defined as where each player is this year, or compared to last year?

McNair/Mason have busted thus far, and I'm guessing that will pick up in the second half. If the Ravens can win by running three backs to "move the chains" and eat the clock, they'll keep doing it. Now that they've lost some games, maybe it's time to take some chances.

Oakland is a joke, and Jordan and Moss have busted. With Moss being outspoken, the lesser of two evils at QB, Porter set to come back and Jordan with a back injury, it looks pretty bleak.

Edge is a bust, and we all knew the O line was suspect. A solid O line, a great blocking fullback, a good QB with good WR's is required to make a great RB, and when some of those elements come up missing it really isn't shocking to see the numbers fall off. I expected Rhodes to be better than he has been, and if last week is an indicator, Addai may have a big second half. I just traded for Addai so I'm biased, but I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope he gets the rock more than Rhodes in the next few weeks.

Our league just had this same discussion on our message board. Most people said LaMont Jordan. But, Edge was mentioned as well. With his average yards per carry, the fact that he hasn't gone over 100 yards in any game, and has only scored 2 TDs all year, Edge has to be the Bust of the year. I know that people thought he wasn't going to well in Arizona.... but geez. He was still a first round pick; so in the the true spirit of what a "BUST" is, my vote is for Edge.

Since Alexander was taken at either 1,2 or 3 overall in most drafts, I can't see who could possibly be a bigger bust than that guy. injury or not, two mediocre games so far has to be killing all of the owners that probably could have taken LT or LJ in his place (never mind westbrook).

I think the biggest bust has got to be LaMont Jordan. Of course SA is hurting people, but I dont think you can blame an injury for the biggest bust. Especially when we all know he would be injured. (ala Madden 07 of course)

LaMont is just a worthless piece of a crap on an even more worthless team coached by the God of All that is Worthless.

Every single league I got LaMont in (all of them in the 2nd) I have a losing record. All of the leagues where i didn't get him, i'm doing alot better. (notice i didn't say winning record. :D)

I truly cannot think of a bigger bust this year. :D I hate him.

Lamont can't be a bust because it was so predictable. I think a bust should be someone who was actually supposed to do something. Oakland looked so bad in preseason that I stayed away from all of them. I think a huge bust has been Palmer and even Tiki in TD leagues

I'd say it's a toss up between Jordan and Edge (I own Jordan in 1 league and drafted him in the bottom half of the first round. We reward reception bonuses). We all thought Edge wouldn't get what he was getting in Indy but his average is just horrible. A team with the young wide outs like Arizona should easily open running lanes for James but he hasn't found them yet! I don't think he will...of course Ronnie Brown and Cadillac Williams aren't doing very well either!

You still can't call Edge a complete bust though. He's doing terrible, but getting enough carries to kill an ox me thinks, and isn't all that bad on yards.

LaMont is just a turd on a log. He's king sh!t on turd island.

Edited by LooGie

1. Jordon

2. CJ

3. Bledsoe (I knew he sucked, but ..... geesh!!)

Edge and Caddi were predictable busts IMO

If you're taking bledsoe in any round that a "bust" can be obtained in, you're in the wrong game.

re: culpepper

Uh, no, not much was expected of him this year coming off the injury and into a new system.

Same thing here. If you took Culpepper high enough to consider him a bust, well, I feel real bad for you. I wasn't touching him this year, but if i was, it wouldn't have been before the 10th round

Jordan does suck it this year, but I wouldn't say "easily" when asked if he was the biggest bust so far (not a Raider homer speaking). Based off of projections, LT is is way off a "clear cut #1 overall" and Larry Johnson is having a very sub par year. These guys were clearly the top 2 overall, and they aren't even in the top 10 rushing. Cadillac and Ron Brown are also 1st rounders who are HUGH busts so far, and let's not forget Steve Jackson who is also underwhelming so far.

LT is way off? You have to be kidding? He's not clearly a #1 overall to you? He's been outstanding. :D Not sure i get this at all.

Is it Chad Johnson's fault that Palmer hasn't been electric? Is it Edge's fault the O-Line in Arizona is horrible? Does it matter? SA went no lower than 3 in almost every league, and 1 in a lot of them. Bottom line- draft position does not remotely reflect the points earned and thus a bust.

Housh seems to be doing fine...I would blame Chad on Palmers less than stellar performance. He's drawing the best coverage, and not seperating himself like years before, and Housh is.

Our league just had this same discussion on our message board. Most people said LaMont Jordan. But, Edge was mentioned as well. With his average yards per carry, the fact that he hasn't gone over 100 yards in any game, and has only scored 2 TDs all year, Edge has to be the Bust of the year. I know that people thought he wasn't going to well in Arizona.... but geez. He was still a first round pick; so in the the true spirit of what a "BUST" is, my vote is for Edge.

Sure his YPC suck, but do you get points for YPC? He's getting carries like crazy, and is earning ok yards the hard way. I dont think you can say a RB with over 400 yards is a bust. And in leagues where you get points per carry he's great. (i'm in a league where you get half apoint per carry and Edge has over 120 pts)

Maybe 2005 was the aberration then, as he seemed very streaky prior to that. In Weeks 1-3, he got 52/0, 98/1 and 69/1 respectively (tot. yds/TDs). Don't know what happened in Week 1 there, but the others weren't terrible. He typically needs a couple 180/3 games to round out his annual stats.....

I've always felt that way about him...I thought LT2 was more consistent, also he's used in the passing game...so you're getting points from him by land and air...Alexander doesn't catch much and mostly beats up on weak teams (Rams, Cardinals, 49ers) aside from a couple good teams....(also, those teams don't reflect this year....well, 2 of them do :D , but the rams are apparently at least decent...