[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Locklear (Seattle RT)

drbob

I heard it on sports Radio and read it in the local paper.

From the Seattle PI

The NFL has suspended Seahawks starting right tackle Sean Locklear for Sunday's game at Kansas City for violating its personal conduct policy.

Locklear was arrested Jan. 15 on a charge of assaulting his girlfriend outside a downtown Seattle nightspot. In July, Locklear reached an agreement with prosecutors that avoided a trial. It requires him to perform community service for the next two years, undergo an evaluation and pay court costs.

The suspension is without pay, meaning Locklear forfeits $25,000 - 1/17th of his $425,000 base salary for this season. The third-round draft choice in 2004 drove away from team headquarters during practice Friday soon after the Seahawks learned of the suspension. He is eligible to return to Seattle's active roster on Monday

The story goes on, but what I am wondering is why the NFL lets the guy practice all week and then suspends him. I know he is questionable and not sure if he practiced much at all, but it seems pretty lame to me to suspend a player on a Friday for an incident that happened months ago. It seems to me that it supposed to be a punishment to the indiividual not to the team. I think they should have done it on a Tuesday (this one or the next one) if a investigation just finished.

maybe he should'nt have beat up a girl.... :D

Maybe he didn't... since he was exonerated of all charges. :D

Ainsworth was going to take his place anyway... Locklear had already been downgraded to Q from P.

The NFL front office, most of the time, is a bit weird. That they would wait until Friday... heck... why didn't they wait until during his plane ride to KC? Or maybe Sunday morning? Too funny.

Maybe he didn't... since he was exonerated of all charges. :D

Ainsworth was going to take his place anyway... Locklear had already been downgraded to Q from P.

The NFL front office, most of the time, is a bit weird. That they would wait until Friday... heck... why didn't they wait until during his plane ride to KC? Or maybe Sunday morning? Too funny.

he was suspended without pay, has to do community service for 2 years and undergo an evaluation....sounds like he plead guilty.... :D

he was suspended without pay, has to do community service for 2 years and undergo an evaluation....sounds like he plead guilty.... :D

From what I read if he stays clean for 24 months they remove the charge, so it would be a plea and a stayed sentence.

From what I read if he stays clean for 24 months they remove the charge, so it would be a plea and a stayed sentence.

I believe they call it "Continued without a finding", and it's not uncommon from what I understand from my friend that's a defense attorney. Keep your nose clean for so long and it goes away. That doesn;t mean he didn;t do anything, it means that the court wants to gove him a chance not to have his life ruined for whatever reason (poor evidence, clean record, being an otherwise upstanding citizen, etc.)

maybe he should'nt have beat up a girl.... :D

who are you to judge the guy? He f'd up and is paying for it but its no reason why the NFL has to notice the team last minute...Its just stupid and makes no sense.

And you don't think they talk to the team's management before such a move?

According to Homegrins they knew he was going to be suspended, just not when. So it did come as a surprise to the 'Hawks.

But he still shouldn't hit girls.

Women... he shouldn't hit women.

(Just tryin' to keep you out of trouble with the PC police.)