[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Help me find a new QB!

DNorbsODS

Ok, so everything was looking just dandy for my team this fantasy season. I felt I was solid at all positions, had a pretty deep bench and was 5-0-1.

Then week 7 comes along, and craps on my head.

My starting QB, Hasselbeck gets injured, and my backup Bledsoe gets benched.

Here is my team besides them:

RB's: Tiki, Gore, Droughns, Dominic Rhodes

WR's: Holt, Coles, Colston, Chambers

TE: Shockey, Desmond Clark

PK: Carney, Rayner

DST: Vikings, Jaguars

So week for week 8, I scramble to pick up David Carr and Big Ben on the waiver wire. I thought I had done pretty well, these guys were not great fantasy qb's, but not scrubs either.

So this week I started Carr, and everyone who watches football knows how that turned out. Big Ben also threw 4 picks on my bench, and I'm starting to get a little worried.

So, I have proposed a few trades to some of the needy teams who happen to have good QB's, but if none of them pan out, who do you suggest I pick up on the waiver wire? I am definitely dropping Carr, I can't have a QB starting that may be benched for a poor performance. Here's the available QB's in my league:

Brunell

Alex Smith

Huard

Frye

Losman

Plummer

Batch

Harrington

Gradkowski

Romo

As of now I am thinking of sticking with Big Ben (on my bench) and picking up Romo to start next week. I was impressed by what I saw from Romo @ Carolina, and think he can do even better @ Washington. I also like Huard, but am not so fond of the idea that it seems obvious that he will be benched as soon as Green returns.

Any other ideas? :D

Edited by DNorbsODS

I'd say Romo first. He's got great weapons in TO, Glenn, and Whitten, and a running game to keep defenses honest. His numbers may slip a little once the D coordinators get more tapes to analyze though.

Alex Smith may bear some consideration. He's averaging over 200 yds and a td per game (9td, 5 int). SF's schedule faces only 1 top 10 D (in ypg allowed) in NO, two good pass D's in Min & Den (wk 17). Otherwise he has Seattle twice, St. Louis, AZ, GB.

Losman and Frye are decent choices, but seem too inconsistent. Frye also faces SD, Atl, Pit twice, Bal.

Plummer - wildcard. maybe the indy game was the turning point? I'd have to wait and see on him.

Brunell - injured and could get replaced by Campbell. Redskins are going nowhere with Brunell.

Gradkowski - hasn't passed for more than 200 yds since NO 4 weeks ago, and no td's in the last 2 weeks. He also faces NO, Dal, Car, Pit, Chi, and Atlanta.

Good luck!