[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Worth it to give up Gore, Holt and Shockey for Manning?

DNorbsODS

Ok, so my team is pretty deep everywhere except for QB, where I don't even have one legit player at the moment.

I have been offered Peyton Manning for Torry Holt, Frank Gore and Shockey...

I know I am giving up a lot, but I feel like I can afford it.

Current team:

QB- ???? Big Ben, Carr, and an injured Hasselbeck :D

RB's: Gore, Tiki, Drougns, Dominic Rhodes (soon to be Brandon Jacobs)

WR: Holt, Coles, Colston, Chambers

TE: Shockey, Desmond Clark

PK: Rayner, Carney

DST: Jags, Vikings

Current best lineup:

QB: ??? :D

RB: Gore and Tiki

WR: Holt and Colston

TE: Shockey

PK: Carney/Rayner

DST: Jags/Vikes

if I make the deal...

lineup:

QB: Manning

RB: Tiki, Droughns

WR's: Coles and Colston

TE: Desmond Clark

PK: Rayner/Carney

DST: Jags/Vikes

I lose a lot of depth with the deal, but I feel like the new lineup (assuming no injuries, ect.) is pretty formidable....

any and all opinions are appreciated...

I wouldn't take it - thats a raping.

No way Manning makes up for that points loss. Both Drougns and Coles are extremely hit and miss, and are best suited to play matchups with. I'd hate to be forced to start both of them.

There should be a few decent backups out there you can trade for without giving up near so much. Who is this guys backup to Manning? I just traded for Drew Brees from a Manning owner last week.

I pulled the trigger...I can't sit around with waiver wire scrubs until Hasselbeck get's back...I have scored in the 50's the last two weeks with garbage QB's (luckily I got one lucky win) when I normally average around 80 points...

I feel like Shockey to Desmond Clark is not a big loss at all...Shockey is completely hit or miss..

Obviously losing Holt hurts, but I think his best games of the year are over and I got what I could out of him.

Hate losing Gore as well, but San Fran gets down early and often abandons the run...Gore has also not played a full season and may break down as well...

I think the points I will lose from downgrading from Gore to Drougns and Holt to Coles will be surpassed by the amount I gain from Peyton...

Wish me luck.

I tried a different approach this year...I have had nice leads about midway through seasons, made no changes, sat back and my just didn't cut it come playoff time.

This season, I'm trying to go for the throat while I can and if it means taking some risks, so be it.

I also know full well that if I suffer an injury NOW, my team is finished. But I have to assume that I won't and move forward.

I wouldn't have for sure, you should have looked to trade for a Brees, or Grossman, or hell, Carson Palmer and not given up so much.

In my league, this was the only move I could have made for a QB. The lesser QB's like you mentioned are number one's on some teams. The other decent trade-worthy QB's are on the bench of guys who are never willing to make trades. Thus, I had to bolster one of the worst teams who happened to have Manning (and almost nothing else).

I offered a guy who has the most QB depth (Vick and Bulger) some pretty decent deals (Gore and Coles I believe) for Vick or Bulger, but he wouldn't budge. I guess he is happy having one rot on his bench every week. :D