Sign in to follow this  
NavinRJohnson

Mo Morris vs. STL or Edge vs. DAL

St. Louis is #29 for points allowed to RBs, Dallas is #13. I just have a feeling that Edge will snap out of it with the O-Line improving and that extra week off.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Both RBs are at home. Thanks for the help.

Man that is a tough one.

STL COULD get up big and make SEA have to throw...I'm not ready to give up on Edge yet either. Last week may have been a fluke for Morris, I'd go Edge myself.

Good Luck!!

M. Morris to me is by far the better option. St. Louis is getting absolutely scorched by opposing rushers. I expect Morris to have about 100yds and his first TD! Edge will struggle again this weekend.

I'd Go with Edge as I'm not ready to give up on him yet either. Besides, Fitz will be back so he and Anquan will open up the running lanes for Edge.

I like Morris over Edge here, simply because I think Seattle will have to run more and Arizona will be throwing from behind. Leinart doesn't seem to target Edge much in the passing game.I think Seattle tries to run more to keep this game from becoming a shootout if possible.

St. Louis is #29 for points allowed to RBs, Dallas is #13. I just have a feeling that Edge will snap out of it with the O-Line improving and that extra week off.

Morris is a better option, I don't think a week off can improve Arz. O line or for that matter 3 weeks off. If Seattle has Hasselbeck back they wouldn't need Morris as much but with Wallace they will need the running game. Good luck.

Sarge

Edge sucks Donky Dung.....With that AZ line!!!!

I'm glad I was able to trade him and Berrian for SJax a few weeks ago :D

Sorry but I don't even think it's close. Start Edge.

I have the same decision to make. Edge vs. Morris. So I am watching this thread with great interest. :D

Very helpful feedback, thanks guys. As of now, I'm starting Edge.

When MoMo goes against a DEF that cares, he sucks. Plus, he never scores:

Rushes, RYD, Avg., TD

Week 6 @STL 23 74 3.22 0 TD

Week 7 MIN 17 49 2.88 0 TD

Week 8 @KAN 12 25 2.08 0 TD

Week 9 OAK 30 138 4.60 0 TD

On the other hand Edge always sucks, but he does have 3 TDs. I think he's got a better chance to score and has a bit more upside. Going with the rested Cards at home rather than SEA on short rest. The Rams will most likely put 8 in the box and force Wallace to beat them. I don't like the sound of that. With Fitz coming back the Cards may open it up and it may actually open up some running room for Edge.

no way would i start Edge vs. DAL.

if DAL does one thing well on D is defend the run. 85ypg, 3.5ypc... there won't be any room to run on that 3-4 D.

Morris, yeah he seems pedestrian but St.Louis' run D is abysmal. Only 4 teams are worse and only 2 teams have allowed more rushing TDs.

imo it's a no brainer.

Tough one, don't really like either option but i'd lean towards Edge. Cards should keep their game reasonably close while the Seahawks-Rams SHOULD be a shootout with less opportunities for Morris. Besides, one week apart, Morris has sucked monkey balls, the line is crappy and honestly, even with a poor run-d in town, id's just about go with Edge instead. Good luck.

Tough one, don't really like either option but i'd lean towards Edge. Cards should keep their game reasonably close while the Seahawks-Rams SHOULD be a shootout with less opportunities for Morris. Besides, one week apart, Morris has sucked monkey balls, the line is crappy and honestly, even with a poor run-d in town, id's just about go with Edge instead. Good luck.

i just checked out Edge's game log and you can take the same view with Morris sucking versus decent D's with Edge.

Edge's only scores came against... SF, StL, and GB.

Edge's best game yardage-wise came against... drumroll... StL!

if you'd like the same stat line of 2-2.5 ypc, 55yds then go with Edge imo. DAL stopped WAS i believe 4-6 straight plays inside their own 1-2yd line last week.

Morris at least has a chance. Yeah he hasn't been outstanding and while on paper he should've lit up OAK but OAK actually doesn't allow very many scores, especially on the ground... only 4 rushing TDs all year.

At this point Edge's lofty draft status and past accomplishments can no longer be considered in making lineup decisions... he's on a 1-7 team averaging only 69yds rushing per game playing a Parcells team allowing 3.5ypc coming off a road division loss. CLE, the second to last rushing offense, gains a full 11yds more per game than AZ. AZ's longest rush on the year is 14yds, last in the league. 24 teams have had a rush for more than 25yds! Good luck with Edge... :D